Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how much money have you spent in the Cash Shop?

Comments

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    $40 before I said enough. Bank spAce and character slot.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Loke666

None, see no reason for it since buying gems for silver currently is cheap.

I will buy all expansions for real money though, and if I am really happy with the game a month or 2 from now I will make a purchase to support the game but right now my $60 is enough. 

This is a good attitude. I'll buy to support game's ongoing development and 'free' additional content as I want it to succeed because it ticks lots of boxes for me.

What I think is clever is the right amount of story/ cut-scenes. SWTOR really spoiled it by making every NPC encounter so dull and repetitive because there was just too much story. This game gives it to you when you are ready for it.

GW2 has found the best bits from each MMO and rolled them into one.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

I wanted to get the dragon armor, but since its a one time use, I figured it would ne smart to use it when I reach endgame instead of on leveling gear.

After the initial application you can move the skin to another piece with the transmute stones. The stones you can buy or acquire in the game.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I chose the last option. Between myself, my husband, our son, and my mom that plays, we've spent over $200, not going to say the exact amount, lol...We've bought bag slots, character slots, dyes, xp boosts,cosmetic items, revive orbs, keys, and minis.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Zero

And apparently I can currently buy ~1000 gems for gold, that's with spending no effort on purely making money, with the trading post being down 95% of the time for me and salvaging nearly everything in my inventory, while being level 53.

I might buy some transmutation stones and a bank slot, but I'll probably be able to afford them in-game. If they'd do something like a barber shop option to change around hairstyles / faces now and then, I'd make use of that.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

10 dollars for a character slot, because there was another name I wanted to reserve.  Only playing 3 characters regularly, but at least I have my names. :)

Anyway, don't mind throwing a little money Arenanet's way.  Nice thing is when I feel like not giving them money, I can still play.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    no real money. but i do have over 4000 geams buy low sell high it works

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I personally don't support cash shops in games unless they are offering a expansion or a digital upgrade like GW2 does.

Paying for virtual items are usless to me.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Haven't spent a dime, and don't plan on spending anything in the cash shop.  I usually don't spend anything on F2P games, so this will likely be no different.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Not spent any real life money on it.

Bought 2 bank tabs and 2 bag slots though with some of my in game currency.

(got enough gold atm for 3000 gems)

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Originally posted by Zezda

What's your level and...where or how you manage to make such an .. important gold amount? :P

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

2 x £17 purchases

bag slots, 3 dye packs and krytan armour for my ranger sold the remaining 250 gems for cash ,   casual player so would be months before I had it available via in game money by which point gems wont be anywhere near the cheap price they are now.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

I wanted to get the dragon armor, but since its a one time use, I figured it would ne smart to use it when I reach endgame instead of on leveling gear.

After the initial application you can move the skin to another piece with the transmute stones. The stones you can buy or acquire in the game.

I didn't even think of that. Thanks, Jyiiga!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Except its bugged for a great number of people and the button remains greyed out no answer from Arenanet for 7 days now.

Originally posted by thamighty213

Except its bugged for a great number of people and the button remains greyed out no answer from Arenanet for 7 days now.

From what I've seen in chat, the problem is often people not knowing how to use transmutation. The most common issues is that the User made no or partial selection. The user has to manually select the appearance, stats and (if present) bonuses. Once all three are selected and green, the button highlights. It seems the assumption is that it works like other systems and you just put the two items in and hit a button - more options are actually present in GW2.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by IceAge

What's your level and...where or how you manage to make such an .. important gold amount? :P

easy just play the market last gem buy i did was 17s for 100 gems that give me a total of 4200 gems i am waiting for gems to get to 40s for 100 so i can sell them giveing me 16g and 80s if i wait for say the price to drop to 17s for 100 gems and the buy them back it give me 9411 gems and if i wait unitl they sell for 40s again i can sell and have over 37g

now i have only seen it drop to 17s one time and i have yet to see it get to 40s but you see how it can work

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I haven't spent anything yet, but I do plan on spending at higher levels, or once I require additional slots.
  • ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I'm 80. I made it from doing stuff... DE's and what have you.. I've been salvaging pretty much everything as well.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Zero dollars and zero cents..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    So much about P2W doom bringers... The poll says it all. Completely cosmetic, convenient and optional.
    Originally posted by MercAngel

easy just play the market last gem buy i did was 17s for 100 gems that give me a total of 4200 gems i am waiting for gems to get to 40s for 100 so i can sell them giveing me 16g and 80s if i wait for say the price to drop to 17s for 100 gems and the buy them back it give me 9411 gems and if i wait unitl they sell for 40s again i can sell and have over 37g

now i have only seen it drop to 17s one time and i have yet to see it get to 40s but you see how it can work

It looks like they modeled a good bit of the trading post after EVE Online and PotBS. I really like how they created it.

Looking at the poll, the results are kinda in line with most other F2P games. Slightly better, even.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    No need to buy gems for real money for me. Right now I'm level 35 and have 2 1/2 gold already. Soon I'll get my gems from trade post and buy stuff I 'need' from the cash shop ;)
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Nothing so far and I don't think I will in the near future. If the 3 characters I'm levelling now are fun enough, then I might get extra character slots. And I'll buy at least the first expansion. Times are good for now. 

imageimage
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MercAngel

The Gem stystem is a mini-game itself!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.