Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favorite features?

What are you looking forward to most?  It is hard for me to pick because this is a dream feature set that I didn't think would materialize ever again after SWG.  I will have to pick city sieges and open world pvp.  Always thought base busting in SWG was the most fun I've had in a game, and I think this is base busting on steroids.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

Comments

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460
    I don't know, I can't pick just one. In SWG I was big big big into the space game and Repop is all there is on the horizon. Space flight wont be in at launch but it's promised. It's not just that though, it's the hold our own hands as to how we play the game. Complex crafting, player cities, housing, deco, vehicle combat that should be in at launch, open world everything and I mean everything, separating the truly hardcore from the not so hardcore so each side isn't ruining the game for the other. I can list the entire features list and say Im' happy with it.

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I'm big into pvp and we haven't seen a good city sieger since Shadowbane, so if I have to pick one, its that one. I'm also very happy about the mission system and how it will actually affect your character.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    I put "other" for randomized boss mechanics.  I think that's a brilliant idea.  
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Cant pick just 1.

The game as a whole looks great.

If I had to pick 1, it would be the open sandbox gameworld

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by KaylettaJade
    I'm big into pvp and we haven't seen a good city sieger since Shadowbane, so if I have to pick one, its that one. I'm also very happy about the mission system and how it will actually affect your character.

This would be me.  I cut my teeth on Lineage 1, DAOC, Shadowbane, and Lineage 2 and at that time thought every MMORPG had castle sieging as part of the their core design.  (WOW totally threw me for a loop)

Surprised it's taken so long since then to get a new one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    I can't remember if I read this somewhere, or if I dreamt it up;  is there a kind of advanced hidden tier of skills kind of like SWG pre-cu where Jedi could unlock by performing random things? 

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by Kraylor
    I can't remember if I read this somewhere, or if I dreamt it up;  is there a kind of advanced hidden tier of skills kind of like SWG pre-cu where Jedi could unlock by performing random things? 

Well, it won't unlock a Jedi, but yes there are advanced skills that are hidden.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    The crafter based economy. Haven't played a game with that since SWG. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

[mod edit]

So liberating using a skillbased system.

• kedokedo Member UncommonPosts: 10

All of them :) 

With other, I hope it has a strong community something no game I have played has had since 

Everquest and SWG 

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104
    Tough to pick one, but as a Shadowbane vet I had to choose city seiges as well. It brings lasting content and political strife impossible to match with preset battlegrounds. But player run economy is HUGE, and open world is a good one too.

Often lurking, rarely posting

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

this is the first time ive seen  anything about this  game 

i just checked  there  site  but  anyone know if this game  costs to buy

i saw it said no subs   but  nothing on  price of  the game

but looks intresting

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Crafting
  • Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by zimboy69

this is the first time ive seen  anything about this  game 

i just checked  there  site  but  anyone know if this game  costs to buy

i saw it said no subs   but  nothing on  price of  the game

but looks intresting

I beleive they are planning on FTP with cosmetics and some functionallity in CS (if you want to be a nation leader, etc. those are 1 time CS unlocks). They have said it is not finalized yet, though.

Often lurking, rarely posting

• arvinsarvins Member UncommonPosts: 10

Favourite features:

Player owned City and Player owned Houses.

And I hope they do a good job on crafting as well. (How I miss SWG ......before they F....d up)

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Player shops is the most important feature to me. I want to feel like I'm part of the world with my business. Its what I miss the most from SWG and to this day I have not found its equal. 
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I can't pick just one but if forced...the 3 way faction conflict.

But I also love deep crafting ...skill based advancement.....city sieges .