Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's a Beautiful World

12346»

Comments

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Edit: by your logic this picture should have the best graphics ever:

The active effects are ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclusion(SSAO), Global Illumination, Subsurface Scattering, Realtime reflections, per pixel surface lighting, tesselation(though its not very visible), high cache texture filtering, crepuscular rays[god rays](though not visible either), and depth of field. I rendered this in CInema 4D and made it in like 5 minutes. These should be the best looking cubes ever, well by your logic anyhow.

How did you make this screenshot of Asura's hometown with all the shaders turned off????

• coffeyhousecoffeyhouse Member Posts: 78

I love taking screenshots while I'm out in the world :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by coffeyhouse

I love taking screenshots while I'm out in the world :)

awsome love it:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• betatrybetatry Member Posts: 28
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

moar =p

imageimage yea I gave up and turned on bloom for charr lands..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    It's nice when you have people to play with alright :(
    Originally posted by Speedhaak
    It's nice when you have people to play with alright :(

huh?

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by escarreta

JUST THROW THE DAMN RING! DON'T DANCE AROUND IT. IT ISN'T CHEESECAKE OR PIE OR A DOUGNUT! IT IS AN EVIL EBIL RING. THINK OF THE POTENTIAL MILLIONS THAT MAY DIE IN THE LAND OF TYRIA.

Oh what’s that? Some deity named "Peter Jackson" is going to make a trilogy? Oh well in that case carry on.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

[user edit]

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153

imageimageimageimage

Here are some I took that I really like. Hope you all enjoy =)

Originally posted by Ubel12

imageimageimageimage

Here are some I took that I really like. Hope you all enjoy =)

nice:)

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    How you I post screens to have them be the original size?
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    imageimageimage New zone, new screenshots =]
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

maybe you all saw this but in case :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpAfH37pA8Q

• aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

In regards to people saying GW2 is beautiful due to "fanboyism," I don't particularly like Guild Wars 2 for a number of game design reasons, but I believe that the world is beautifully imagined and the graphic design team did an unbelievable job with adapting the concept art to a 3D in-game world.

A lot of games end up looking nice but nothing like their concept art. Guild Wars 2 remains almost 100% true to the vision of its artists.

The Secret World looks great too, but it models itself after the real world. Realism is certainly difficult to achieve, but it's slightly more tangible than realizing the Guild Wars universe.

Oh, and by great, I mean the TSW setting. The character customization blows. Soooorrryy.