Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's a Beautiful World

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Originally posted by Wizardry

DUDE you WIN by a LONG shot 10/10

ALL the other pics represent poor quality graphics and do not convey a good looking game.However you sir obviously have a better eye for graphics and quality...GOOD JOB.

Well thank you :)

Here, this is for you !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Originally posted by Setzer

Thought I would share mine too....

Lovely! Good job :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Was good?

Not you hair... wtf bro lmao image

Trust me I wanted to redo my character hair lmao.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Was good?

Not you hair... wtf bro lmao image

Yea I had to just deal with it, I wore a helmet till about level 20 and realized what my hair looked like lol. "Oh well guess I gotta rock it."

Dbl post by accident.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

For me AOC and TSW are still the best looking MMORPGs out there and technically that is true as well..

Saying that I think GW2s world comes over a lot better than the one in Tera. Tera just seems a bit stale if you know what i mean..

• ElSandmanElSandman Member Posts: 94
    They have definitely done a good job on the environmental artwork.  Not sure I would call it the best , but it is right up there.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Love the weapons.. this one has nice lightning effect that shoots around it while idle:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Am I... Am I doing this right?

Oh.. you wanted beuatiful.... Well my snake wrapped GS and my sexy top is beautiful right... Whats that statement? Beauty is is in the mind, not meant for people to beheld... or something like that...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Originally posted by Cital
    Tera's world is the prettiest I've came across so far :o

agreed. but GW2 is a close 2nd.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by Tokken

for me Tera was graphically great but asthetically bland
     and GW2 is graphically good but asthetically great as well.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Tokken

for me Tera was graphically great but asthetically bland
     and GW2 is graphically good but asthetically great as well.

TERAs world is a lot more minimalistic, GW2s is more full with details they put over the place.

Both are very beutiful, not exactly in the same way though.

TERA look indeed very impressing, but the mobs are not so good, the variety of them just aint good enough. 

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Yes the world is stunning.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Anyway.  Current level 80 gear, don't see much need to farm for anything else, heheh. ;D

Originally posted by elocke

Anyway.  Current level 80 gear, don't see much need to farm for anything else, heheh. ;D

got similar set for my PVP toon.. love the look of it although got differn't color scheme going on :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

got similar set for my PVP toon.. love the look of it although got differn't color scheme going on :)

Yeah, I like that we can browse all the current looks in the game in the PVP locker.  Already compiling a list of gear per class to shoot for.  Usually I'm not a red and white color scheme, but I dug it on this one.  Usually I go for blues/teals and some type of complimenting color.  Sooo many dye choices and I have yet to unlock half of them lol.  This red is nice though.  It's Blood Red.

Yeah, I like that we can browse all the current looks in the game in the PVP locker.  Already compiling a list of gear per class to shoot for.  Usually I'm not a red and white color scheme, but I dug it on this one.  Usually I go for blues/teals and some type of complimenting color.  Sooo many dye choices and I have yet to unlock half of them lol.  This red is nice though.  It's Blood Red.

yea really like that color scheme on that set:) love collecting dye's as well although haven't found many rare's yet though

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

I love threads like this so i will join =]

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Glad you enjoy it.

To me, the world just felt lack luster. Its something about how they do a cartoony 'feel' behind it yet they go for somewhat realism that just detracts me. Wish they were a bit more bold with design choice and gave places more character rather then seeing the same details over and over.

Its not the worst looking world, mind you, but to me its probably one of the weaker worlds in a big name game in my opinion. But we all have our own preferences so to each his own. :)

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Glad you enjoy it.

To me, the world just felt lack luster. Its something about how they do a cartoony 'feel' behind it yet they go for somewhat realism that just detracts me. Wish they were a bit more bold with design choice and gave places more character rather then seeing the same details over and over.

Its not the worst looking world, mind you, but to me its probably one of the weaker worlds in a big name game in my opinion. But we all have our own preferences so to each his own. :)

To me, visually it's the best of both worlds. Really beautiful stylized art along with some solid graphical capability to back it up. A game like TERA has crisp graphics but I felt it had no visual character at all. While a game like WOW has plenty of character, if you're into high quality graphics you may find it dated.

In GW2 the design for the environments perhaps felt a bit generic at places, true, but still I'd say it's one of those perfect games for taking loads of screenies. :)

But then again, I'm just a sucker for concept-art-like visuals. SWTOR had such beautiful, exquisite concept art. I wish the in-game graphics were a bit more like that.

Oh, and... Good work people, keep it coming! :)

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I love the art style, I think the world works incredibly well, the only thing I'm struggling with is finding an armour style that works for my sylvari necromancer, this staff though I love.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm loving the world that was created for this game. It is by far the best I have plyed on for exploring!

Guardian is awesome!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• camiacamia Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by kertin
    [mod edit]

Have you literally flamed every GW2 thread you could? Seems that way.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

From the '90s, raised on '80s, better deal with Golden Girls references!