Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With GW2 live is any other game worth a sub?

1235»

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Many games are worth a sub with GW2 live.. because I have got utterly bored of GW2 within a week of release.. and im not just the only one..

Dont get me wrong im sure a lot of people will enjoy GW2 for quite some time.. but for me GW2 has some of the most boring PVE i have come accross for quite some time.. Also the PVP side of things would have kept me playing a bit longer but the queues are stupid and PS2 is just so much better when it comes to pvp even in its current closed beta state..

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Poorly worded there.

None the less, Yes. Honestly, GW2 isn't all that impressing. Sub wise I'm not saying it would fail, but it wouldn't likely be all that successful. It feels really lacking, and its the fact it is F2P that actually inspired me to play, and truthfully I will continue to play it occasionaly... just not all that much. 

Its one of those games I found myself bored of after a few hours. This is pretty rare considering new games pump me up usually and I can be found playing nearly 24/7 the first few days. GW2 I played for 2 hours and I'd go off and do something else. It just felt... uninspiring to me I guess to put it. If it wasn't for the fact I payed money at all for it, I would be actually more tempted to just drop it and stop playing, one of those types of f2p games I just can't get into. 

In some ways, its good its B2P, it successfully kept my attention on it enough shelling out money to keep me around... even if its something I can't get really deep into without finding myself bored and wanting something else.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

My GF was beeing annoyed with me because pre-launch I was just talking about "GW2 this. GW2 that".

She played some of the BWE with me, but she was getting upset I just wanted to play it.

Then comes release.

We have spent the last 5 days of our holidays playing some 12 hours a day and she has been really enjoying it.

So, this just goes to show that people really have different tastes.

The results are what I expected, almost 50-50 split since this is a MMORPG forum that will have loads of people that will call themselves MMORPGers instead of gamers.

It is fun that people like to say $15 is nothing but then say having or not that $15 fee mean something (considering the amount of games with a sub fee that failed or have a very small player base it should be obvious that a fee doesn't mean quality).

GW2 is a big budget game and you can see the quality there.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders