Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn?

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    I personally can't try a game that doesn't offer a trial, so I answered MAYBE. In the meantime I'll indulge myself on gameplay videos.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'm one of the few people who bought the game and didn't hate it at launch.

I mean, there were plenty of things I didn't like about it, but there were tons of things I loved about it too.

I managed to have fun for a while.

Since I already own it, I would certainly try it when 2.0 goes live.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I will try it.

But I still have issues with the lie that they told us regarding Final Fantasy being "final" - it never ends! :P

• LickitungLickitung Member Posts: 35

Nope, I wouldn't play it...

After years of devotion to FFXI, PlayOnline seriously screwed me over on subscription fee overcharges and Squenix did nothing except "take it up w/PlayOnline".  After that, I was heartened by the fact that Squenix didn't use PlayOnline for the FFXIV, so I dropped the cash and tried it.  After days of trying to find a good server, and days more trying to find a good guild, it turned out the were a bunch of uptight a-holes :/  Toss in the fact that the game was a horrid trainwreck and I was regretting dropping the cash I did on the game and regretting the prepayment of subscription I made for the game.  Then, when they announced the redesign work, I was heartened again.  The promises they made of the game being free for those that had paid until they were done making the changes was a nice feeling.  So I watched.. and waited... and waited.. and waited...

I guess I was expecting to see "hey, here's the progress so far, come check it out!" to come along.. but it didn't.  All I got was a email from out of the blue saying "We're done and btw, you need to pay again."

Yeah, they sapped the prepayment I had made while they were doing this "it's free while we work" period and I couldn't get in without dropping yet more cash.  Sorry Squenix, I've been with you since FF2 and you've been one of my all time fav companies for a long time... but I can only take so much.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I never really played Final Fantasy XIV but I know it failed to be the game that people wanted. So my question is will you try Reborn when it comes out seeing is that its supposed to be the game that the original should have been.

Nope, Nil, Nada, Negetory.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I voted Maybe, then I remembered it's another sub game.  So probably not.
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

If they get around to fix what is broken and makes the game unplayable to me,
    AND stop ruining what wasn't broken

So yes, i will try it and judge it. Will i stay and play? Depends on the FREE trial :)

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    If they ll offer me some kind of trial version and I ll like it so absolutely yes.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372

Unless the revised release has an endgame centered around castle sieging, territory control and PVP, probably not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

I've voted Yes since i enjoy the current game but i'll keep playing the game if they manage to fix the issues that keep me away from considering this game as my main MMO.

Those issues is the UI, Performance and Account management.

If they managed to fix those things then they will have my sub for years.

• gatogrottogatogrotto Member Posts: 2
    They'll be having free access for the first 2-3 month of launch for an "open beta test" so give it a try its looking like its going to be amazing. Been playing  for about 5 months(collector edition buyer, stopped playing a week after launch due to how bad it was) the game really shaped up Yoshi-P is doing an excellent job.
  • VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80
    Yes, as long as I can try out the open beta first!
  • Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well to bad, because out of all the mmorpg's the best ones are sub based, so in other words, sub = better. There are a few logical reasons as to why this occurs, the first would be that subscription based mmorpgs have more of a solid cashflow behind them, therefore more content being pressed out. Oh and cant forget another of the many reasons is that any game that has been released as a free two play model, or even buy two play aswell, just feels really low key and average to play, worlds arent as immersive, stories arent as deep and content is alot more shallow then any pay to play game that is out.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

If I can step away from GW2 for a few months then maybe. I am very curious about the changes that they have made in the past few years. I played the game on it's original release and it was total crap though so I wouldn't expect to much to begin with.

Also, if ARR turns out to be a great game those people who choose to stay with FFXI can basically kiss the long term support of this game goodbye. I really doubt if ARR becomes a massive success ← Which I do not think will happen ← that this game would have to many players remaining. I would go as far as saying that if ARR does everything right FFXI would immediately  take a HUGE hit in subscribers. 

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    I didn't try it first time around because (thankfully) I waited for reviews/ player feedback first.   This time I'll probably give it a go, afterall it nice to see a firm admit their product is crap and take real steps to improve it, not that they had a great deal of choice in the matter. 
  • Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    I ll try it, but I ll get to free as I got the CE. That said, the little beta for FFXIV 2.0 I had time to try, felt too far from XI and more like the MMOs now, I ll go in without hype for sure. I will admit I didn t beta much at all so I could be wrong, but initially it felt so much like the MMOs now, i m not sure I can get excited.
  • BademBadem Member Posts: 830
    Originally posted by Seillan

I'll definitely be giving it a shot. I still have my old collector's edition collecting dust (my old FFXIV authenticator is still on my keychain, as a matter a fact heh), so I'll be there once they get it finished.

From everything I've read, and the videos I've seen, Reborn looks to be what the game should have been from the start.

Same here,

I kept subbing while Yoshi worked to fix the game, was there when servers were turned 'OFF'

My Security key is an chain with my USB containing the important stuff in my life (Wedding Photo's, Holiday pics, Dwarf Fortress)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Now taking preorders. image
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I sense a Necromancer! 

I answered Maybe and I really mean that.  I am fairly close to wanting to find a different MMO to try out.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    I voted no, but should there be a free trial I would try it out for a day or two.
  • duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112

Anyone who played 1.0 can play ARR without purchasing the 2.0 software.

Also, they have mentioned a 2 week "welcome back" campaign so that anyone can check it out for free.

I have Collecter's edition and Legacy, and have pre-ordered PS3's Collecter's edition as well. Totally worth it.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Yep, I'll be playing it. :D
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Yes cuz i love final fantasy its the series i grew up with
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Stimos8
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well to bad, because out of all the mmorpg's the best ones are sub based, so in other words, sub = better. There are a few logical reasons as to why this occurs, the first would be that subscription based mmorpgs have more of a solid cashflow behind them, therefore more content being pressed out. Oh and cant forget another of the many reasons is that any game that has been released as a free two play model, or even buy two play aswell, just feels really low key and average to play, worlds arent as immersive, stories arent as deep and content is alot more shallow then any pay to play game that is out.

Problem with that statement, is I think there's only 4 P2P games left. FFXI FFXIV Eve and WoW. And technically Eve is P2W anyways with all the Plex you can buy.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    So to the people that actually tried the game how did that work out for you?