Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things you must know about guild wars 2

WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

No mounts.

Instant travel.(no sense of world)

No tank, healer.(ALMOST no tatics in dungeons)

No raids (you just have world bosses to zerg no tactic)

No progression past 80(gear, stats, abilitys...), you play more just because you want to, nothing invitig you to.

Cash Shop(potions +xp,+xp crafting, bank slots, bag slots)

Regards

Comments

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by WARCRYtm

No mounts.

No tank, healer.( almost no tatics in dungeons)

No raids

No progression past 60(gear, stats, abilitys...), you play more just because you want to.

Regards

So all my +vitality armour suddenly turns into +power armor? All by itself? Wow!!!

And I can't think of anything worse than playing a game because I want to. I need to feel forced to feel alive in a game.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

No sense of world? No tactics in dungeons, and no progression past 60? Have you actually played the game past 60? Have you done difficult dungeons?

It's not enough to simply have all characters run in and mash buttons. You do actually have to figure out how to get things done with the tools you have. After 60, you get your grandmaster traits and orange legendary gear and gear sets. It's nuts.

And I'm *still* exploring the world at lvl 80. Sure I can zone quickly - I can in most other games as well - but it's bloody expensive, so I tend to stick to my zone and do quests, WvW, etc.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

No mounts.

No raids

No progression past 60(gear, stats, abilitys...), you play more just because you want to.

Regards

1. I suppose they could make destination points farther apart and then add mounts, would that make things better?  I never understood this argument, is it just to have a mount, or get from A to B faster?

2. Don't use the insta-travel?

3. haven't done a dungeon yet, so i can't comment.

4. Awesome.

5. yea, "playing because i want too" is terrible, i hate that.

6 As opposed to what game these days?  I hate it too, but options are limited.

GW2 has problems, but the ones you mentioned don't really bother me much.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

No mounts.

No raids

Regards

1. I don't have an opinion on this.

2. Waypoints that you have to find first by exploring the world. So yeah, no need for travelling the same road over and over again to sell to a merchant.

3. No trinity does not mean that there are no tactics. Holy trinity usually means the most basic of tactics actually. Tank and spank.

4. Depends on what you mean with raids. Raiding strongholds/big ass mobs with loads of players. Yes GW2 has that. Raiding as mandatory vertical gear progression, no it hasnt.

5. Not true. Might want to check up on the armoursets and how to obtain them for lvl80. There is even grind for stats in GW2. Just no mandatory.

6. Yes. XP buff. Makes the lvling even faster then it already is. But then it was never supposed to be slow lvling.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

things you should know about GW2

people that havent played like to start misleading threads

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

No mounts.

Which is a good thing if we consider your second point...

You still have to discover the travel points first, and then run to your destination. It's not different from jumping on a gryphon and then going AFK for 5+ minutes, except that you don't have ot wait.

If you had done a dungeon in the game, you would know this is not true. If you charge in like a braindead chicken, you will be ripped in pieces by the trash mobs.

No raids

Good riddance - and there are still massive open world bosses which require raid sized praticipation to complete.

I think you mean 80 (another hint that makes me wonder if you ever played this game), and god forbid people play a game... for fun, you know, that thing games are made for.

None of which are necessary to enjoy the game.

Regards

I'll add one fact to your list, but a real fact this time, to counter your cash shop "fact":

no subscription.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by DMKano

The game would be better with mounts and minimal portals IMO as well.

the default run speed is dreadfully slow, but having insta-travel portals everywhere helps a ton. The personal story has lots of running back and forth which is annoying.

Still I would increase the default run speed or add mounts and take out 80% of the portals.

You know, i'd love for a general sprinting ability. Mounts can be a double edge sword, but i do agree runnign feels slow, so sprinting would be cool in my book.

To the OP, i completly disagree with your points. I don't think that the sense of world is destroyed at all, and it's most when i was running into loading screens, not instant travel, for example.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

You know, i'd love for a general sprinting ability. Mounts can be a double edge sword, but i do agree runnign feels slow, so sprinting would be cool in my book.

You already run faster when not in combat.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267

And every class has some sort of swiftness boon to help a bit. OP go back to WoW.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

No mounts.

No progression past 80(gear, stats, abilitys...), you play more just because you want to, nothing invitig you to.

Regards

You just now read the GW2 wiki page?

Who would have thunk it, ehh?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

You do but it still feels slow. With my run faster when dual wielding trait and horn run boost it feels about right *as default run speed*. 

All run speed boosts are either far too short lived or provide far too little boost.

It feels like game moves in slow-motion without any run buffs.

My theory is that mounts will be added via cash shop for $20-$30 

Yeah, that sums it up. I don't it even needs to be perma-sprint at all. It could have a timer that needs to recharge. And of course, it doesn't have to be Sonic level running speed, but, something to move from point to point without having instant travel.

But, whatever, it's a big deal IMO.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

The game would be better with mounts and minimal portals IMO as well.

the default run speed is dreadfully slow, but having insta-travel portals everywhere helps a ton. The personal story has lots of running back and forth which is annoying.

Still I would increase the default run speed or add mounts and take out 80% of the portals.

To the OP, i completly disagree with your points. I don't think that the sense of world is destroyed at all, and it's most when i was running into loading screens, not instant travel, for example.

Swiftness... Quite a few ways to get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a consumable from cooking for swiftness, even.

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109

this guy must really hate GW2 because he doesnt know what he is talking about.Not gona try to explain as previous people did.

One of the worst trolling atemps i have seen in a while.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Seems alot of WoW fainbois are running scared of GW2, making posts like this makes me lol irl

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

You do but it still feels slow. With my run faster when dual wielding trait and horn run boost it feels about right *as default run speed*. 

All run speed boosts are either far too short lived or provide far too little boost.

I'd love to see mounts too, it's about the only thing I dont like in this game atm, no mounts. Less waypoints with mounts added would be great. I dont mind if mounts get introduced in cash shop as long as all your chars get access to every purchased mount. People forget that everything in cash shop can be bought with ingame gold anyway, like the OP.

• ShiftytShiftyt Member Posts: 24

Things about guild wars two.

I like it.

It's  oddly the same as (place name here) but different enough to be interesting.

There are no Dwarfs.. (hate dwarfs).  woops there is one, i forget.

Its a grind without feeling like one.

they have hot female toons. (but i guess there is no shortage of these in other games either.)

Shiftyt

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I am only level 20 and i can tell a difference in mob action from the starting zone to the second tier zone. I find the zones entertaining but i am a bit unpeased at how closed off they eventually feel after you have completed the zone. I do find it better than most games but I am just not a fan of Instancing regardless of the reasoning behind it. Lol. The hidden events and jump challenges have been a blast. I wish I could WvW but our server is getting deciimated, the world is covered by one color lol. I know this is our fault but it still makes it hard to log in to get facerolled. Anyway, i garentee i havent made it through either of the zones i have played and found all the events. The group world bosses havent been very tactical but then again i wonder how tactical you can be when you are getting turned in to a chicken or lizard hahaha.
  • RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

No mounts.

Not necessary because you can teleport to every place you previously have been to.

Nonsense. Before you can teleport to a place you need to discover it first. Before you can get back to a place you need to find it first in the world by exploring it. Same system as Skyrim; I heard no one complain about no sense of world in that game.

No tactics huh? If you don't use tactics in dungeons you can't even beat the first boss in the first dungeon in story mode. I'm not even talking about explorer mode, which is much harder.

In the early level areas this is true, but in the later level areas you definately need to pay attention to tactics. Technically there are not raids, however the Island of Orr can be seen as a permanent raid, where you have to team up with a group of 10+ ppl to conquer parts of the island, each having their own bosses to get to the final boss. However, the undead reclaim previous conquered areas if you don't hold it. If that happens you have to conquer it again.

After level 80 you still level, every level you gain you get a skillpoint just like in GW1, which you can use to unlock all your skills or save to craft legendary weapons. Then there's crafting. Dungeons. Mini-games. sPVP which unlocks new skins for your armor and gives you titles. Achievements which give nice items. WorldvWorld. Completing areas. Treasure hunting. Jumping puzzles that you missed the first time. Enough to do after lvl 80. However if you need a gear-threadmill as an incentive to keep playing you are right, then GW2 isn't for you. GW2 is all about looks and having fun.

All stuff in the cash shop can be obtained in the game itself by doing various tasks. Having a cash shop allows the game not to have a subscription, so once you buy the game it is yours forever (almost). You can leave and jump back in any time you want.

Regards

Regards

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

No mounts.

Regards

Could you please post a pic of your level 80 character wearing some explorable dungeon gear? Thanks!

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

No mounts.

Regards

You have probably not played the game.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Are you by chance playing Norn or Charr?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

It's not the second coming of MMOs, granted. But the fact that it runs like butter, lets you dodge, tumble, cast while running and without a target and have a lot of AoE give it a visceral and responsive feel. Plus I absolutely love the fact that there are no heal-queens and tank-smugs. You little f***s can now play regular classes like everyone else. No rock-star attitude for you, good sir. You'll die just like anyone else when you've got 0 skill. I love it. 

M

• 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I stoped reading at no difficult dungeons as it is clear you have not done any in this game.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Nadia

things you should know about GW2

people that havent played like to start misleading threads

QFT

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26

HOW DO YOU DARE PLAYING GUILD WARS 2 !!!        *shakes hands to the sky*

GIEF MOAARRR MONEYZZ TO BLIZZY !!!   NAO !!!   

This discussion has been closed.