Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guild wars 2 CS

rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Anyone received an actual response for a trouble ticket?  I've had one in for a couple days, and haven't gotten any reply other than the auto response.

Comments

• aznxdreadfulaznxdreadful Member UncommonPosts: 21

Why don't you include your problem on your post also, maybe it will help us rule a few things out such as Areananet said that there is a large number of tickets being reported, and they had a few Topics they wanted peopel to avoid using, and maybe it just automatically ignores ticket, until a solution is found maybe, or it is at the bottom of the pile because it isnt as urgent as other tickets.

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Sure.  Maybe someone here can help.

First, computer well above required.  Drivers are latest, installed correctly, etc.  What happens is that, at certain locations the screen goes black, and only cursor and sound remain.  If I wait 20 secs or so, sometimes graphics come back.  If they do, it crashes again as soon as I try to move.  I always end up having to Ctrl alt del out of the program.  Until I reach those locations though, I'm getting 40-50 FPS average.  One such location is the bridge in the human starting area where you go to help defend the garrison.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by rguilbert

Sure.  Maybe someone here can help.

First, computer well above required.  Drivers are latest, installed correctly, etc.  What happens is that, at certain locations the screen goes black, and only cursor and sound remain.  If I wait 20 secs or so, sometimes graphics come back.  If they do, it crashes again as soon as I try to move.  I always end up having to Ctrl alt del out of the program.  Until I reach those locations though, I'm getting 40-50 FPS average.  One such location is the bridge in the human starting area where you go to help defend the garrison.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Try rolling back to aprevious graphics driver. Also if you can, monitor the temp of your GPU - these sort of lockups can happen if the card overheats.

Though I have discovered that there are a few areas that are a bit buggy, the bridge in the human area even with nothing going on will lag to hell sometimes. One spot in the Asura starting area does the same.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    They have their CS staff focusing primarily on resolving tickets from people who were hacked and subsequently banned from the game, and they're a couple days behind on those, so it could be several days before they get to work on the tickets for more typical bug issues. You could always post on their Facebook/Twitter/Reddit feeds in the hopes that someone takes notice, but I'd probably just avoid those areas of the game if it's not a completely gamebreaking issue. Once ANet gets its internal issues worked out and opens up those forums, it should be quicker and easier to get typical customer service issues taken care of.
  • rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Thanks for the responses.

As for drivers, I've tried 4 different ones (and have the one specifically recommended on the log in page for my card).  Temp has been pretty low, so I don't think the issue is there.  I think TDR  may have something to do with it..but since the cards work well for everything else, I don't think there is a hardware issue on my end...though you can never tell for sure.

The locations are pretty frequent, so sadly atm, its game-breaking for me.  Hopefully you are right about the priorities right now and it's just a matter of time before I get a response.  I hate to buy a game and not be able to play it.

Anyway, thanks.  Please don't kill all of the mobs before I can play.