Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A short, hate-free summary by a current level 80.

VatroxVatrox Member Posts: 6

Got a small problem out there guys. I really enjoy the game and I do want it to succeed, but it feels like I am certainly missing something.

After 97 hours I managed to get 80. As you may already know, the storyline is bugged at level 75 (and it's been like that since beta, some say), so the only way was to keep farming events for the last few levels. Hit the level cap, so obviously I wanted to try dungeons - however, getting some proper max level gear first seemed like a good idea.

The only affordable set is the storyline order armor, so obviously I went off to get it. To my surprise, the vendors had been taken offline today - without any explaination whatsoever. Whatever, stuff happens (not really...), I will try to get a decent weapon off the trading post.

Wait. What trading post? Offline, for maintenance, why. I guess I will try to buy some gear from people in LA - for the old times sake. However, there is no trading nor c.o.d mail system, so it looks like I will be forced to trust random strangers. So be it.

Dang! Mails are currently unavailable as well. Okay then, time for PvP I guess. 

Whoa there, not so fast! Apparently, PvP Browser seems to be bugged as well - all the servers are down, 0/16, nothing seems to work. So are tournaments - and people say it's been this way for a couple of hours already.

I've got an idea! Let's create an alt and experience the story from a different perspective. Sure, why not... 

I will tell you why not. Because - wait for it - apparently, the character creator got disabled again. So it looks like I am unable start over with a new toon, too.

What's left for me? I could try farming for a while, but there's been so much hassle about all the anti-farming game mechanics I doubt it's even possible. WvW? Awesome, 2-3 hours long queues, just to be kicked few minutes after due to "Invalid password." or some other purely random asscrap. 

Just don't tell me to get a life, play other games, walk my dogs, comfort wife or call parents. I have already done all of that. Simply explain what's left for me in the game itself.

I just want to play what I paid so much for. Before everything hits the fan again and there's another login server crash and emergency maintenance. Or more mail verification issues.

Cheers.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, they need to fix some shit. Hopefully sooner than later.
  • TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

Today definitely does seem like the worst day since launch. Everything is broken or breaking / coming back online / breaking again. I am overall enjoying the game despite some of its shortcomings, but I am glad it is free to play because it definitely wouldn't be something I would personally resub to.

The story is very good, but there is really nothing new in the game that has gotten me excited to log in (besides vistas, I LOVE vistas lol)

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

It's been a long time since an MMO had such a horrible launch.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I thought you said this was a "hate-fee" summary?  Sure sounded like bitching to me.  Funny, I'm level 67 and haven't had these issues you are whining about except the obvious one of the Trading Post being down.  I never crash, I never find content I can't complete, I'm always able to PVP, make characters and so forth.  Maybe...you entered the twilight zone or something when you hit 80.  Take a break, come back later, or just go play something else and leave those of us who don't mind these roadbumps in peace.  Isn't like it's the first great MMO to have issues at it's birth.
    Originally posted by elocke
    I thought you said this was a "hate-fee" summary?  Sure sounded like bitching to me.  Funny, I'm level 67 and haven't had these issues you are whining about except the obvious one of the Trading Post being down.  I never crash, I never find content I can't complete, I'm always able to PVP, make characters and so forth.  Maybe...you entered the twilight zone or something when you hit 80.  Take a break, come back later, or just go play something else and leave those of us who don't mind these roadbumps in peace.  Isn't like it's the first great MMO to have issues at it's birth.

Gotta love the honeymoon phase.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'd suggest crafting, dungeons, and map completion.

Afaik none of those 3 things are broken atm. I'd also suggest not powerlvling, but it's really up to you. The game does reward people who stop & smell the roses, though. However if all you care about is having max lvl and the best gear, then you're probably not playing for the experience, so maybe it's not worth it for ya.

It is getting rather annoying how many things are broken, and they still haven't recovered from any of the other issues they've been having. Really must suck to be Anet right now, they have a good game but everything's going wrong atm.

Originally posted by Vatrox

Got a small problem out there guys. I really enjoy the game and I do want it to succeed, but it feels like I am certainly missing something.

After 97 hours I managed to get 80. As you may already know, the storyline is bugged at level 75 (and it's been like that since beta, some say), so the only way was to keep farming events for the last few levels. Hit the level cap, so obviously I wanted to try dungeons - however, getting some proper max level gear first seemed like a good idea.

The only affordable set is the storyline order armor, so obviously I went off to get it. To my surprise, the vendors had been taken offline today - without any explaination whatsoever. Whatever, stuff happens (not really...), I will try to get a decent weapon off the trading post.

Wait. What trading post? Offline, for maintenance, why. I guess I will try to buy some gear from people in LA - for the old times sake. However, there is no trading nor c.o.d mail system, so it looks like I will be forced to trust random strangers. So be it.

Whoa there, not so fast! Apparently, PvP Browser seems to be bugged as well - all the servers are down, 0/16, nothing seems to work. So are tournaments - and people say it's been this way for a couple of hours already.

I've got an idea! Let's create an alt and experience the story from a different perspective. Sure, why not... 

I will tell you why not. Because - wait for it - apparently, the character creator got disabled again. So it looks like I am unable start over with a new toon, too.

What's left for me? I could try farming for a while, but there's been so much hassle about all the anti-farming game mechanics I doubt it's even possible. WvW? Awesome, 2-3 hours long queues, just to be kicked few minutes after due to "Invalid password." or some other purely random asscrap. 

Just don't tell me to get a life, play other games, walk my dogs, comfort wife or call parents. I have already done all of that. Simply explain what's left for me in the game itself.

I just want to play what I paid so much for. Before everything hits the fan again and there's another login server crash and emergency maintenance. Or more mail verification issues.

Cheers.

Look at the bright side.

There are people who can't even play the game, they got banned for no reason.

-Seinfeld

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Sure sounded like bitching to me.  Funny, I'm level 67 and haven't had these issues you are whining about except the obvious one of the Trading Post being down. 

I haven't seen it so it dosen't exist right?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I love the game - I really do. But the amount of bugs isn't at a tolerable level anymore.

The OP mentioned the serious bugs already so I will name 2 >minor< bugs that lower the fun instead:

Dragon fight today - everyone waiting for Shatterer. Finally he pops; fight goes as usual. My char will stop his auto aim after a while and the dragon although he is right in front of me can't be targetted. Skills take 30+ seconds to go off.. if they go off at all.

Maybe it's just me? No. After the fight I score bronze since for obvious reason I couldn't deal much damage. Grab my prize from the treasure box and hear how about 50 of the 100 participants complain that they didn't get any kind of reward at all because *surprise*  they couldn't attack the dragon.

I also encountered a bug of the storyline at 53 today where a cutscene just wouldn't trigger. I was able to carry on because it would show me my next mission objective but I would still have liked to know why I even had to go to this deserted cave.

Ok that one is really minor but for someone loving story and immersion it does spoil the fun.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

As you may already know, the storyline is bugged at level 75 (and it's been like that since beta, some say), so the only way was to keep farming events for the last few levels.

What on earth are you talking about? There are 2 level 75-80 zones to level in and you dont need to complete any of the personal story to access them. Plus, you can level 'anywhere' in the game... and you obviously havn't done the whole game cos your post leads me to believe you just followed the personal story and never left that rail track

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VatroxVatrox Member Posts: 6

It is not bitching, just an observation. Please do not try to tell me, that during last 48 hours mail system was working fine for you, guild chat had no 5-minute delays and that you are able to enter any pvp mode right now. 

Yesterday I couldn't access any of the dungeons, because for some reason whenever we tried to enter, we were getting separated on different instances of the same zone, and for 2 or 3 days already I am unable to clear 3 maps due to waypoint contest events being stuck/bugged, resulting in unaccessible skill points/no task spawns. 

And while definitely it is not the first mmo to have issues, it's one of the biggest launch flops I can remember. AoC obviously comes to mind, but in Age of Conan the content was simply missing - all the stuff that was already implemented in the game worked fine, in Guild Wars 2 everything seems to be bugged. 

It is still a great game however, and I'd recommend it anyway. It's strange, really.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by kol56

Cheers.

Look at the bright side.

Nobody gets banned for no reason, lol. Gimme a break champ

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

What roadbumps? you just stated you never  had any of the issues he has encountered minus trading post. He explained what he tried to do in game and was stopped at every option.  He is whining because he put in more time on the game and hit 80 and now has nothing to do? He hasn't cleared all content but rather the content is locked or removed from the game.  He isn't complaining about there being a lack of option in GW2 but rather a lack fully functional options.

I feel for the OP  but I suggest you pass your time in another game because I'm almost certain you are in for a long wait. (2-3 weeks before all this non-sense goes away)

• gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    ok wait 97 hours and your level 80 ...i have 85 hours and i only have a lvl 38 .
    Originally posted by Deathenger

Cheers.

Look at the bright side.

Nobody gets banned for no reason, lol. Gimme a break champ

First do some research, there are people who are getting banned for no reason, there are threads about it on THIS forum.

Before talking about something, you should know what you are talking about.

Saying "LOL NO" is just... well.... pointless.

-Seinfeld

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Fortunately for us the actual gameplay and mechanic design is top notch. 

I'll take bad launch, good game over good launch, bad game(e.g. Swtor)

Originally posted by Clocksimus

What roadbumps? you just stated you never  had any of the issues he has encountered minus trading post. He explained what he tried to do in game and was stopped at every option.  He is whining because he put in more time on the game and hit 80 and now has nothing to do? He hasn't cleared all content but rather the content is locked or removed from the game.  He isn't complaining about there being a lack of option in GW2 but rather a lack fully functional options.

I feel for the OP  but I suggest you pass your time in another game because I'm almost certain you are in for a long wait. (2-3 weeks before all this non-sense goes away)

It's the same user who said he was going to play SWTOR for years.

Rift was also the greatest MMO ever.

Some people just get too excited and never learn.

-Seinfeld

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

It is not bitching, just an observation. Please do not try to tell me, that during last 48 hours mail system was working fine for you, guild chat had no 5-minute delays and that you are able to enter any pvp mode right now. 

Yesterday I couldn't access any of the dungeons, because for some reason whenever we tried to enter, we were getting separated on different instances of the same zone, and for 2 or 3 days already I am unable to clear 3 maps due to waypoint contest events being stuck/bugged, resulting in unaccessible skill points/no task spawns. 

And while definitely it is not the first mmo to have issues, it's one of the biggest launch flops I can remember. AoC obviously comes to mind, but in Age of Conan the content was simply missing - all the stuff that was already implemented in the game worked fine, in Guild Wars 2 everything seems to be bugged. 

It is still a great game however, and I'd recommend it anyway. It's strange, really.

It almost sounds like your scenario was to take everything that is messed up for the couple of hours it was today and make it out to sound worse than it was by portraying the game as one big roadblock. The mail is working, just used it, the character creation issues were fixed in short time, and the pvp is working as intended.

I'd also like to add the that dungeon complaint has a work around if you bothered to try. Have someone enter the dungeon and invite the members from inside. The game has a lot of problems, although many I can overlook conciddering the fun I am having. I can't speak on the end game comments because after all the hours I have put in I am nowhere near it. I do have a guildmate who is 77 as of today and hasnt had the issues you had because I asked him. Doesn't mean they dont exist, just not experienced by all.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• VatroxVatrox Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

I'd also like to add the that dungeon complaint has a work around if you bothered to try. Have someone enter the dungeon and invite the members from inside. The game has a lot of problems, although many I can overlook conciddering the fun I am having. I can't speak on the end game comments because after all the hours I have put in I am nowhere near it. I do have a guildmate who is 77 as of today and hasnt had the issues you had because I asked him. Doesn't mean they dont exist, just not experienced by all.

Oh why didn't I think of such an obvious solution... Honestly, are you trying to tell me that such issues are nothing important, because you can overcome them by doing something random?

As I already said, I had a great time playing the game and I do not regret buying it. I just wish I could play it the way I want. And the way I was, well, supposed to.

• They are definintely having some problems and many, but not all, seem to be of a character inconsistent with Beta.  They also seem somewhat different than typical launch problems.

I am really curious what is causing them problems.  My guess is a combination of extremely rapacious hackers and changing some infrastructure over for release and really high volume.

/snip

First do some research, there are people who are getting banned for no reason, there are threads about it on THIS forum.

You think 'research' means reading random posts from random people on the internet using fake tags instead of their real name with no discernible authority governing whether or not the information they give is truthful or even fact? I think you are the one that should figure out what you are talking about, do you just take everything you read on the internet as truth? You definately wouldn't get a job as a researcher.

• Originally posted by Vannor
    /snip

You think 'research' means reading random posts from random people on the internet using fake tags instead of their real name with no discernible authority governing whether or not the information they give is truthful or even fact? I think you are the one that should figure out what you are talking about, do you just take everything you read on the internet as truth? You definately wouldn't get a job as a researcher.

Actually this is a phase/type of research.  Its just requires a bunch of other research to validate using more reliable sources.

There are many types of sources.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I could try farming for a while, but there's been so much hassle about all the anti-farming game mechanics I doubt it's even possible. 

I didn't know about this.  Can someone explain?

Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Vannor
    /snip

Actually this is a phase/type of research.  Its just requires a bunch of other research to validate using more reliable sources.

There are many types of sources.

I'm not saying the claims arn't true.. I've no idea. I don't even care about what was being discussed. Just thought it was pretty rude for them to act like what they were saying was fact, when it is obviously speculation at this point, and berate someone else for their interpretation of it in an insulting way.