Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gw 2 High Threat to all mmo's

13»

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by sugar4free
    Originally posted by tank017
    u should be able to figure that one out yourself without being a smartass

I guess you even didn't get it   xD

naa I got it,which is why I called u a smartass.

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by tank017
     naa I got it,which is why I called u a smartass.

says the internet warrior  xD

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by I_Return

Reading the posts, and seeing the salavation of the anti gw 2 community has really got to be exciting for Arenet. This game is the fastest trolled game in mmo history. Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Like most game released , it is expected to be the troll threads, but the rate and volume that this game is getting trolled is beyond anything I;ve ever seen.

Arenet has done something amazing to the genre to recieve such a high volume of trolling, players seeing friends leave "their" for gw2 and the leaking of populations of "their" games must be so high that all that can be done is a instinctive troll attack on gw2. Bravo Arenet BRAV F'n O !,

I agree with you.

I came to the conclusion that some posters here don´t even like MMORPGS or games in general

or are simply burned out of their lives in gaming....

Reading A LOT of posts you can come to the conclusion they are :

1) totally uninformed & yet willing to see any upcoming game fail hard.

2) they do it on purpose who knows why....$$$...o.O.... :( ... >.<.........

Some people even bash on game genres they have not interest in,just for the sake of bashing.

Sad reality. Forums have become a frustation nest.

These are hard times for Game Companies....very hard times....

Best we ALL players can do is SUPPORT companies that DO make good games....

Or at least doing a constructive criticism.... No game can please everyone..that is obvious...nothing can.

But they are games! And some are really good in their own way !

Mind that if you want to be able to see those companies delivering more & better in the future...

Originally posted by Zzad
    I´m agree with you.

I came to the conclusion that some posters here don´t even like MMOPRGS or games in general

or are simply burned out of their lives in gaming....

Some people even bash on game genres they have not interest in,just for the sake of bashing.

These are hard times for Game Companies....very hard times....

Best we ALL players can do is SUPPORT companies that DO make good games....

Or at least doing a constructive criticism.... No game can please everyone..that is obvious...nothing can.

But they are games! And some are really good in their own way !

Mind that if you want to be able to see those companies delivering more & better in the future...

you didn't mention ppl with their " MY MMO IS BETTER THAN YOUR MOM" threads  xDDD

ppl just don't realize that GW2 is a beast by its own, like it or not, but some PRAISED mmo companies need to review their fast-food mmo production attitude...

GW2 is not the saviour, it won't "kill" WoW or whatever (ppl have invested too much time to farm and grow their lvl 85s chars so they won't give up on them, ofc)  but it's a solid step towards new mmo-market solutions aka buy to play.

Nobody said that Anet doesn't want ppl's money. But let's say it: how many times did we spend money on a mmorpg box just released and then see that after 2 months of sub we won't play it anymore ? I think better pay for substantial expansions than throwing away your money on wasted monthly fees. I got sick of this kind of commercial solution. And maybe so do many others.

There is no best mmo out there, there is only the one you enjoy and the one you can't stand.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

What I don't understand is why all the GW2 fans are still here in force? I thought they would all be playing GW2 by now?

Is posting on these forums and defending the game that much more exciting than actually playing it?

Originally posted by helthros

What I don't understand is why all the GW2 fans are still here in force? I thought they would all be playing GW2 by now?

Is posting on these forums and defending the game that much more exciting than actually playing it?

and I guess you wanna even a reasoned reply to that crap ? 

xD

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Not ALL mmo's. Just hand holding themepark ones. :)

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Meh - I'm waiting for at least a month or 2 before I give GW2 a look - especially after wasting my $$ on SWTOR. If people are still saying this is the ALL TIME BEST MMO EVAR after serveral months...I'll believe the hype.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Reading the posts, and seeing the salavation of the anti gw 2 community has really got to be exciting for Arenet. This game is the fastest trolled game in mmo history. Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Like most game released , it is expected to be the troll threads, but the rate and volume that this game is getting trolled is beyond anything I;ve ever seen.

Arenet has done something amazing to the genre to recieve such a high volume of trolling, players seeing friends leave "their" for gw2 and the leaking of populations of "their" games must be so high that all that can be done is a instinctive troll attack on gw2. Bravo Arenet BRAV F'n O !,

Nice, because those posts COULDN'T be about real problems that players were having, not at all. You posted this even after ArenaNet acknowledged problems? Can't believed I replied to this waste of thread space...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Zzad

Ofc you also have the other side of the debate .. and to many people look at their new " baby " through rose tinted glasses and not with a subjective critical eye .

You can not deny that even if Anet had sent people a Turd in a bag there would be those that still defended it with fanaticism that borders on religious 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

...and not with a subjective critical eye .

Plenty of people all too eager to provide subjectivity.

Unfortunately, with honest/disinterested reviews, objective should be the goal.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Uhh. These issues are real.  It's already been a week since head start.  Things aren't looking so good.  I'm not a hater, but i'm being objective to the issues.
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by DMKano

A better than average mmorpg is a threat to other Mmos? lol 

GW2 is an ok game, but it's not a threat to anything.

Bullshit, it's better than anything out right now. And don't even go saying some POS game like Darkfall or Eve is better.

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by gelraen

I know it's pretty interesting but also depressing.    The game is fantastic, but the haters are out in full force everywhere.  I see people giving 0/10 on amazon.com, on metacritic, posting hate threads here, on gw2guru.    I find it pretty disgusting really, and amazing how many people are so pathetically insecure about their own choice of MMO that they need to bash others.

As a game developer myself, that kind of behavior just makes me want to stop developing at all, as these kinds of people have no repsect for the amount of blood, sweat and tears that go into any game production.  

As for GW2 being a "faceroll", that's completely rediculous.  It's much more difficult than most MMOs I've played over the last 10 years, once past the initial 15 levels.

As an advocate for truth and the preservation of some semblance of challenge in MMOs I have to stop you right there...

GW2 is a fun and solid for a recently launched MMO but the open nature of the quests, DEs and WvW is so painfully easy it is almost insulting.     I have a ways to go but I was shocked that even after 20th level the content doesn't seem to be any tougher.   Being an older gamer that struggles with FPS combat and sucked at Super Mario I can't be ahead of the curve here...

Combat:

1)  Equip Range weapon

2)  Run in circles around target and tap dodge a couple times.

3)  Run to any active DE and stand in the background Pew Pew'ing to get your Silver medal.

4)  MOB leashes are very short,  A simple blast on the Horn and you easily out distance any attacker.

The combat is so easy that I usually don't notice I targetted a Veteran MOB until about 10 seconds into the fight when it should have died 2 seconds earlier.

PvP:

1)  Just ride the Zerg wave.  watch for lots of green dots, hang back a bit and Pew Pew.

PvP does require you that at least pay attention and not go AFK but at the moment it is just a big Chaotic Zerg swapping objectives back and forth.

Exploring:

1) Follow the flashy icons on your map.

The only challenge is when your goal is underground and you need to walk around to find the cave enterance.

Jumping:

The majority of jumping quest don't require you to jump, just walk around the backside of the hill or cliff and run up to the map.  I hear tell that there are complex jumping puzzles later so I will give GW2 the benefit of the doubt that there is some challenge in there somewhere.

Crafting:

1)  Everyone shares resources, no competition or scareity just walk over and grab your reserved carrots, wood and ore.

Discovering formulas is fun and has some challenge to it but it easy enough to keep switching out resources until the "X to be discovered" reaches 0.

Skill Points: 

1)  Since they are open and shared there is little challenge unless you are in a remote area with nobody else around.

I will have to conceed that if you are careful and solo your Skill Points there are some fights that have a small amount of challenge.  But hardly enough to float the whole game on.

Is there some difficultly slider I have set to " Inanely easy" or something ?  

How can I be PRO in this game when so many other people claim it is really challenging ?   

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Just remember, there are always two sides of a coin and the fanatics were praising this game as the next coming of mmo's. To me GW2 is nothing special except it doesn't have a monthly sub. There is nothing really innovating in this title at all that we haven't already seen in other mmorpgs. I don't want to be to hypocritical, but I am only enjoying this game since most of my friends in RL wanted to try out this mmo. I do like how big the world is and WvW is fun at times, but I don't see what the hype is all about. But I am giving the game a chance.

So back to my main statement.. When you got a fanbase telling other players that their current mmo sucks and GW2 is what you should be playing, your asking for trouble. What goes around comes around.  SWTOR, RIFT, Tera, TSW and WoW have been dragged through the mud with GW2 fanatics talking down on that playerbase even before GW2 was released.

Honestly though,  when it comes to a high fantasy game, where do you want to invest your time in?

• aznxdreadfulaznxdreadful Member UncommonPosts: 21

Broken means it doesn't work what so ever...

The game itself is functioning can you not do the dynamic events. heart quest, story quest, vistas, underwater gameplay, all the other fully functioning features of GW2....

People always bash on the bad and never take the time to look at the good.

THe good OBVIOUSLY out weights, not being able to use the aunction house for the first few weeks of release....

Yea the game was just release so you should always expect bugs and glicthest, this game is a big change in the original way you play the tab click wait type of mmos.

everyone has there own gameplay preference so if its the entire gameplay thats not appealing to you then keep going on the search for your perfect game... Don't ruin other peoples fun, and the proudness they have with the MMO that they choose to play.

but... Human Society is just fucked up aint it.

• NikecowNikecow Member UncommonPosts: 31

How can I be PRO in this game when so many other people claim it is really challenging ?   

Don't worry pall, it's indeed very easy :) I hope there will be some real challenges at level 80,

They see me lurkin' they hatin...

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

GW2 is not a threat to all MMOs. Like most MMOs after the honeymoon phase ends everyone will be back to talking about the next big thing coming out. within 3-6 months the posters singing the praises of the game and the trolls hating on it will move on. The cycle will start anew on another game and we will all be on that games forum having the same discussion, only the players will switch teams.

Such is the cycle of MMORPG.com.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by sofakingdumb

Problem is you are just another immature idiot that gets filtered in GW2.

This game is not trolled but REVIEWED with facts. I quit closed beta and tested OB and quit as well because it did nothing well and screwed up several things and well just is not worth the time and effort. I have a way better experience in my current Top 3 F2P mmorpg and this is just another title out there. Nothing special.

It did, however, filter all the nabs out of my mmorpg. All the QQrs, ex wowers, and other fail mmorpgers have migrated your way. ahhahaha; the mmorpg community has actually improved thanks to gaywars 2! 

There wasn't an open beta, and there wasn't a closed beta unless you were family and friends.  You are probably referring to Beta Weekends (keyword: weekend).  I'm just stating this because there's some people lying about playing this game.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Every MMO known to man get's that ... So Gw2 isn't special in that regard ... and I hate to break it to you Sherlock but things are broken or not working :p

I've followed every mmorpg launch since around 2004, and I can say honstely that gw2  all over the web in hundreds of communities, is getting way way more trolls then any mmorpg ever released.

Most mmos don't get trolled until the 1st patch to see if the dev listen and fic issues. With guild wars 2 not even  5 days after the launch, it is getting trolled like it was 5 patches later and things are still broken. A "live" mmo envirnonmet is different then the test environment, with many more issues that can pop up and it usually takes the first 3 months to get enough data on the live system to really pubch out the problems.

SWTOR got over 1 and half months before the trolls hit the escape pods, AoC got to the first patch. But with those 2 games which can be considered failures, those trolls where actually correct.

I;ve tested Gw2 , and can honsetly say, it compares no where near the disaster that was swtor and Aoc.

This why I find it facsinating how fast and the level of hate has come for this game.

not sure how you define troll

but Rift had it worst.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

A better than average mmorpg is a threat to other Mmos? lol 

GW2 is an ok game, but it's not a threat to anything.

Bullshit, it's better than anything out right now. And don't even go saying some POS game like Darkfall or Eve is better.

Better according to whom? Better for you - certainly not better for everybody, unless you are the spokesman for the entire gamer community in the entire world. Get real.

Come PS2, come Archage, heck come some new MMORPGs next year and nobody here will even remember that GW2 was anything but decent.

And that's all it is, a good game... making it into anything more than what it is, that's just pure delusion.

Honeymoon phase will be over soon and folks will get back to reality.

what reality is that? that no game ever made will satisfy people on these boards or in general? that no matter what a dev comes up with no matter how great of a game it is people will bash it to hell and back? Even if it was the best sandbox/themepark hybrid ever it would get bashed to hell.. so curious as to what reality you are speaking of? because mmorpg.com forums is far from the average view of games or what the overall gaming community views as a great, good, or bad game... 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Gamers have gotten so used to MMOs being shovelware trash that lasts 2 months and is tossed aside since 2004, I can't blame them for assuming every game will turn out that way.