Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why so many sub forums for GW2?

GinazGinaz Calgary, ABPosts: 1,731Member Uncommon
I'm curious as to why GW2 has so many more sub forums than any other game on this site, more than WoW, even.  Is something you're going to do with more new MMOs or is this something you just did for GW2?

image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

  • feroshusferoshus Edmonton, ABPosts: 83Member
    It's so the mods can bury all the uselss threads that are created there. The more pointless and repeating threads created for a game, the more sub-forums will magically appear.
  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,925Member Uncommon
    No official GW2 forums so naturally it tends to cause people to post in other forums for their guildwars 2 chatting needs.
  • MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 5,724Administrator Uncommon
    Our Guild Wars 2 forums are far and away our most trafficked forums at the moment. We decided to create a suite of subforums in order to sort the conversations such that users can find discussions they're looking for or create discussions they are looking to create without having to dig through the clutter.

    Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

  • WoopinWoopin LeedsPosts: 1,038Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    I'm curious as to why GW2 has so many more sub forums than any other game on this site, more than WoW, even.  Is something you're going to do with more new MMOs or is this something you just did for GW2?

    For game releases it is common here to have lots of sub forums on release once the community dies down the forums end up getting merged. Take SWG for example.

    image

  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABPosts: 1,731Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Our Guild Wars 2 forums are far and away our most trafficked forums at the moment. We decided to create a suite of subforums in order to sort the conversations such that users can find discussions they're looking for or create discussions they are looking to create without having to dig through the clutter.

    Ok fair enough.  Its just that I've never seen it done before.  Are you going to do this when the next big thing comes along?  Once the traffic dies down (and it will) and G2 isn't as popular as it is now, are the sub forums staying?

    image

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABPosts: 1,731Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Woopin
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    I'm curious as to why GW2 has so many more sub forums than any other game on this site, more than WoW, even.  Is something you're going to do with more new MMOs or is this something you just did for GW2?

    For game releases it is common here to have lots of sub forums on release once the community dies down the forums end up getting merged. Take SWG for example.

    I've never seen this happen for any other MMO on this site before.  Ever.  GW2 has more sub forums than any other game here, even WoW.  Please show me another game on this site that has gotten as many sub forums as quickly as GW2 has.

    image

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Columbia, SCPosts: 269Member
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    No official GW2 forums so naturally it tends to cause people to post in other forums for their guildwars 2 chatting needs.

    Wait you mean the Official GW2 forums I just made a post in?

    image

  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    No official GW2 forums so naturally it tends to cause people to post in other forums for their guildwars 2 chatting needs.

    Wait you mean the Official GW2 forums I just made a post in?

     

    At the time, the official forums were not avalable. The official forums are active now.

  • samad1samad1 NapoliPosts: 24Member
    its the best mmo out now so it gets the most attention. who cares the past. we had only crappy mmos in the past ;)
  • DeathengerDeathenger atco, NJPosts: 463Member Uncommon
    Because there is just too much awesome to fit in one place
Sign In or Register to comment.