Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a CTD like this? Making sure its not on my end

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Seeing as I've had computer problems today...possibly a start of a dying harddrive...or just a weird glitch. I got it fixed though (at least for now). Anyway...

About an hour into the game. I was in underwater combat, and taking quite a bit of damage. So as I was trying to get to the surface, all the sounds in the game went mute (except a couple of them)...but my desktop sound was fine and every other windows program still had sound. So, as I quit to desktop from GW2...the client completely locks up, and I was forced to do close it through the task manager.

Played another hour and a half, and nothing like that happened again. And that was first CTD I had in GW2...which may or may not coincide with my earlier PC problems.

Anyone have that weird CTD? Where sounds stop, but the game is still playable. Then the client locks up on trying to exit? Like title says...just making sure its not on my end.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I haven't heard anything about this, and have never experienced this personally, but I was only underwater very briefly one time. I've found that when I start the game with a new character, the sounds are muted for a short bit, but that's the closest thing to what you had to say -- at least so far.