Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

saw a kid buying gw2 at the grocery store today

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The grocery store by my house has an electronics section. Saw a kid coming out of there with a boxed copy of gw2 in his hands. He looked about 10 or 11 years old and was fixated on the box while occasionally bouncing up and down and looking up at his dad with that look of "thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!".
It reminded me of when i was that age and i went with my dad to the store and he bought me miner 2049er for the odyssey 2.

Anyway, i thought that was pretty damn cool and it put a smile on my face. So i figured id share that here.

Cheers

Comments

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Originally posted by Foomerang

The grocery store by my house has an electronics section. Saw a kid coming out of there with a boxed copy of gw2 in his hands. He looked about 10 or 11 years old and was fixated on the box while occasionally bouncing up and down and looking up at his dad with that look of "thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!".
    It reminded me of when i was that age and i went with my dad to the store and he bought me miner 2049er for the odyssey 2.

Anyway, i thought that was pretty damn cool and it put a smile on my face. So i figured id share that here.

Cheers

Holy crap, I loved  Miner 2049er, had it for my Apple 2e. Go Bounty Bob. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Oberholzer
    Originally posted by Foomerang The grocery store by my house has an electronics section. Saw a kid coming out of there with a boxed copy of gw2 in his hands. He looked about 10 or 11 years old and was fixated on the box while occasionally bouncing up and down and looking up at his dad with that look of "thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!". It reminded me of when i was that age and i went with my dad to the store and he bought me miner 2049er for the odyssey 2. Anyway, i thought that was pretty damn cool and it put a smile on my face. So i figured id share that here. Cheers
    Holy crap, I loved  Miner 2049er, had it for my Apple 2e. Go Bounty Bob. 

Wait you know I think it was Pick Axe Pete for the O2. I had Miner 2049er on ColecoVision

• Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Thats the same way i felt...but i had to buy it myself...

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Cheers

GW2 is designed for all ages. I'm happy for the boy.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Syno23

Cheers

Too bad the box explicitly states that children under 13 years of age are not permitted to play the game XD

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    Originally posted by Syno23

Cheers

Too bad the box explicitly states that children under 13 years of age are not permitted to play the game XD

Is that actually true? Sheesh, I hope the kid doesn't mention his age in chat and find himself on the receiving end of ANet's unmerciful banhammer.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Cheers

I really liked your story and it does bring back memories.   I think we have all had that moment, and if you are old enough you have probably had a child do that very thing - to see their eyes light up and that huge smile on their face - priceless.   :)

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by slowpoke68

Also, there are so many asshats in chat discussing sex and drug usage, its worse than what what they would see and hear on commercial TV, which is bad enough.

Most of that come's from the kid's though .. Should ban the kids to spare us adult's their foul language :P

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Yea being a kid is tough. You eat whatever is handed to you and lovin it. That's how I played every single crap that kept being released out there and wasting tons of $.

It's so much different now thx to all that experience. Last MMORPG I bought on release was DCUO, which came out Jan 2011 and it was only cuz I got special promo for $35 down from $50.

Imo if the majority of players were veterans with high standards the genre would be on a whole new level now. There is no doubt thu that 2012 been best year so far since WOW and its model started going downhill with bigger competiton than ever.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Yea being a kid is tough. You eat whatever is handed to you and lovin it. That's how I played every single crap that kept being released out there and wasting tons of $.

It's so much different now thx to all that experience. Last MMORPG I bought on release was DCUO, which came out Jan 2011 and it was only cuz I got special promo for $35 down from $50.

Imo if the majority of players were veterans with high standards the genre would be on a whole new level now. There is no doubt thu that 2012 been best year so far since WOW and its model started going downhill with bigger competiton than ever.

And of course you come along and crap on a fluffy "put a smile on someone's face" thread with your irrational hatred of GW2.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I remember my dad buying me the original Civilization game. That was a very good day for me. Me and my brother played dual-leader of the Egyptians and ended up getting killed by the Russians on chieftain mode. We had no idea what we were doing, but that day forward I was hooked on computer games.
  • Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Cheers

Yup as you get older, you love less the world is not such a wonder

Now im 37, and im getting much better at getting away from being a grouchy ass

Moon is not as cool anymore, games are not. people are not, I see food not as good but something that makes me think, "Are greedy companies that are looking to make profit putting crap in my food to make it last longer going to give me butt cancer? Probably" blah blah ect ect

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Well like i said in the previous post, Im 37, and the "demographics" for most stuff is geared for the 18 to 35 year olds. Was not always like that in media, when It wasnt everything was better. I mean how many crappy games with big boobs on the box are people going to fall for?