Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quest help: Rumors of Trouble

7star7star Member Posts: 405

I am raging now. I can't continue with my storyline quests. Yes, I know it's funny. I just can't get past this level 11 quest on my level 16 character. Now I realize I can't just outlevel this quest and come back and do it later. 

I haven't had trouble with any other pve aspects of this game. I haven't run any dungeons, though. 

I'm a warrior. My heals are limited. I'm dodging to get out of the imp ice attacks. Usually, I die there. 

I have just kept restarting untill all my armor was broken and kept going and made it to the second part of the thing and almost got through it, but I wouldn't be able to take the vet down at the end.

I have been trying to keep my other npc allies alive but there is no time to rez them. My heals are limited. I have tried some defensive buffs, but they don't seem to work well.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice on this? Any warriors make it though this quest that can give me some tips?

EDIT: I hate this quest.

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Which race are you playing?  I'm not sure all warrior quests are the same.  I don't remember this quest and i'm playing a Norn Warrior.  I know how frustrating it can be.  There was a Personal Story quest where i kept dying in Snowden Hills, but i eventually finished by using a Bow.  Try to use a ranged weapon and kite around.  That might help a lot.

If you still can't do it, try asking for help in game, and have someone join you.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by observer

Which race are you playing?  I'm not sure all warrior quests are the same.  I don't remember this quest and i'm playing a Norn Warrior.  I know how frustrating it can be.  There was a Personal Story quest where i kept dying in Snowden Hills, but i eventually finished by using a Bow.  Try to use a ranged weapon and kite around.  That might help a lot.

If you still can't do it, try asking for help in game, and have someone join you.

I'm Norn, too.

I'm totally naked as all my armor is broken and I don't want to go through the whole ordeal again. I will ask for some help if it fails (highly likely). I'm on the veteran Imp at the end. It keeps summoning adds, so I've been trying to take it out with my rifle. It has higher weapon power than the bow, but I will try that.

Thanks for the response.

Here's a viable strategy for warriors doing this quest.

http://guildwarsideas.com/answer/1646/Ok_I_just_beat_this_finally_I_doubt_I_did_it_th

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Heeeyyyy, I wrote this in another thread in response to your frustration, but your best bet is to ask people to come along. Hell, I'll come if you want me to and guesting is working. But just remember that multiple people can do these things together.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by observer

I'm Norn, too.

I'm totally naked as all my armor is broken and I don't want to go through the whole ordeal again. I will ask for some help if it fails (highly likely). I'm on the veteran Imp at the end. It keeps summoning adds, so I've been trying to take it out with my rifle. It has higher weapon power than the bow, but I will try that.

Thanks for the response.

Your best bet is to do it with other people.  Alternatively, you can suicide it like that, just play with no armor.  You will die a LOT, but save time on running back for repairs for armor that is going to break again.  I think that the strategy you found is certainly effective, but it also requires that you play more or less perfectly, because the margin for error with the imps is quite small.  My elementalist was strafing all around in different directions and staying at range, but when you have 6 ice imps on your ass who can 1-2 shot you with their respective overlapping AOEs, you will die eventually.  Much better with a friend or two.  Preferably two.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Oh! I remember this one now.  This was the hardest personal story quest i've ever done so far.  I switched to my bow and was finally able to do it.  I died about 5 times trying it too.
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Heeeyyyy, I wrote this in another thread in response to your frustration, but your best bet is to ask people to come along. Hell, I'll come if you want me to and guesting is working. But just remember that multiple people can do these things together.

Thanks, man!