Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Account has been permanently banned

13»

Comments

• CinderfallCinderfall Member Posts: 13
    Same thing happened to me except I have about 2000 authorize login attempt emails in my inbox from locations in China before I'm assuming Anet termed my account. I'm hoping they didn't get in, which it doesn't seem like they did. I have a ticket in to Anet Support, so we'll see what they can do. I'm not sure how my info got picked up. I've not gone to any sites and registered anything, I'm fairly paranoid about going to unknown web pages.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Teala
    Are accounts really being hacked alot in GW2?

Its not as bad as some naysayers would suggest, but I can tell you the hackers are definately trying. I am in a pretty large guild, no one has been hacked, but I know I and several others have had their accounts spammed with 'authorize login' and 'password reset' notifications.

Do note that the 'authroize login' is a new security feature, and if it had been in place from the start, a lot of ANet's hacking issues could have been precevented.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Cinderfall
    Same thing happened to me except I have about 2000 authorize login attempt emails in my inbox from locations in China before I'm assuming Anet termed my account. I'm hoping they didn't get in, which it doesn't seem like they did. I have a ticket in to Anet Support, so we'll see what they can do. I'm not sure how my info got picked up. I've not gone to any sites and registered anything, I'm fairly paranoid about going to unknown web pages.

Same thing happened to me (though I used Anet's system to block these login attempts. As far as I can tell they never successfully accessed my account (and I'll probably end up changing my email anyway, if that ever gets resolves).

From what I've gathered (from asking around, and reading a bunch of reddit posts), Anet basically ran a script that flagged & termed any accounts with 'suspicious login activity'. That would explain both of us getting caught in that net. I'm hoping that our accounts weren't actually deleted, as I have a bunch of characters, a lvl 60+, and all my HoM stuff tied to that account.

I'm glad they took steps to deal w/ the problem, but I don't think they are handling it well when it comes to communcating w/ their customers. I really think they need to step it up when it comes to customer support. When you get supported they are pretty great, but the response time overall is kinda bad atm.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048

One of the shady my friend wants to know question. My friend wants to know if he works during the week in a place 500 kms away and then during the weekend he is in another place or even during the week he is in another home can he play from both locations if they are confirmed via the ip login and save this network thing for both locations.

Sorry OP for your dilemma and I am sorry for piggy backing here.

Chamber of Chains
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

They do seem heavy handed, verging on unprofessional.

Wouldnt surprise me with they've recruited noob GMs who are banning people for selling gold, due to the amount of trading going on through email.  Since they cant get the auction house to work.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Enok4Twunni
    Originally posted by twitch242

I think theres a lesson to be learned from this clip...

...do hope you get things resolved though.

funny, yet my passwords are never less than 10 characters with numbers and letters.

(ANet linked this earlier in the weak.)

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956

Account Security

Protect your account! We've seen hackers systematically scan email addresses and passwords harvested from other games, web sites, and trojans to see if they match Guild Wars 2 accounts. We've taken steps to protect our players from this, but we need your help too. Make sure that you use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else. For best security, use a unique email address too, and see our blog post for more tips.

Email authentication

We now have email authentication enabled for all players who have validated their email addresses. This feature sends an email whenever it detects a login attempt to your account from a location you haven't played from before, asking you to allow or deny the login.
    We've learned of an incompatibility between email authentication and older versions of Internet Explorer. We're working on a fix, which we expect to deploy tomorrow.
    If you're not receiving account verification emails or account authentication emails, please check your junk/spam folders, and add [email protected] to your safe senders list.
  • supermike27supermike27 Member Posts: 24
    Square Enix did that exact same thing to me on FF14 online. The only thing is when i contacted them they have NO i repeat NO say so in their game the GM company they go through does all the banning and reasoning but guess what? you cant talk to a GM cause ur account is banned so it was a circle of sorry we cant do anything sorry we cant tell you why you got banned (later found out same thing happened to me as you but they said i was selling GIL for real money which is a violation and i was also at work) and they said it was a big mistake said they will get me back on in 3 days the usual 3 day ban so when i got back on in 3 days guess what i was instantly banned for the same reason. I will never buy another online SE game ever again after that mess i wasted 150$ on their CE also but im sure arenanet has contact with their GM's unlike SE so you might be ok to go.