Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Account has been permanently banned

Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

So while I'm out working a hacker is obviously using my account to do bad things. I bought the CE why the f*** would I intentionally get banned? I'm livid right now. 

Just got home from work and I log in, this is what it says:

Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error.

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent. 

Yay! I spent 150 bucks to play a game I'm now banned from. I'm so fu**ing pissed off. How the hell do I get my account back?

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    You contact support...
  • TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Enok4Twunni

So while I'm out working a hacker is obviously using my account to do bad things. I bought the CE why the f*** would I intentionally get banned? I'm livid right now. 

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent. 

Yay! I spent 150 bucks to play a game I'm now banned from. I'm so fu**ing pissed off. How the hell do I get my account back?

I dont play GW 2, but I am going to use this thing called common sense that I am gifted with, and say you should contact ArenaNet and explain the situation and ask for them to review your case and hopefully they will see fit to reactivate your account.

good luck !!

• RaevanhawkRaevanhawk Member Posts: 86
    Contact customer support and try and act like an adult about it.
  • Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207
    So why call it a permanent ban if you can just talk to someone to get it lifted?
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Oh crap.

Are you certain you were hacked?  Did you receive any password change emails or anything?  It could be a mistake on their part.

Regardless, you should contest the ban by sending a ticket to their customer service.

Account security seems exteremly bad in this game, that and Anet are very trigger happy when it comes to bans.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Log onto MMORPG.com and rage. That usually works best.

Oh nevermind, you already did that. Ok, second course of action would be to contact them. But ONLY after you rage on MMORPG.com's forums!!

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192
    So why call it a permanent ban if you can just talk to someone to get it lifted?

dude, just contact Anet and explain what happened so they can reactivate your account (assuming you are innocent).

Oh and also, I can't log in to any of the Arena Net Official stuff to create a ticket because I'm banned. I'm trying, and it's not working.
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

I don't know... maybe because it is a permanent ban unless or until you can convince them that your account was in fact hacked and you are in fact the "real owner" of it?

It completely sucks to get hacked. I feel your pain. But your hatred is misplaced - don't be mad at ANet, be mad at the hacker.

• tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73

First, you cool down.

Then you write to Anet here; http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

There has been a lot of accounts compromised by RMT. Anet bans your account once they discover it, in order to secure your account and deny them further access.

You'll get your account back. Just keep a cool head and be patient. 

Originally posted by Psychow

Oh nevermind, you already did that. Ok, second course of action would be to contact them. But ONLY after you rage on MMORPG.com's forums!!

Dude, when something happens to you that's unfair and really pisses you off you don't rage? I do. Especially when I put a lot of money towards something. I'm a huge fan of this game and I've played since the second BWE. Yes I did express anger, and I'm still angry, don't come into my thread if all you can do is act like I have no reason to be mad. I have a very good reason to be pissed. 

So I'm at the account management screen and it shows 4 people logged into my account right now. One in CA, one in IL and two in TX. How the heck is this possible?
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Psychow

Dude, when something happens to you that's unfair and really pisses you off you don't rage? I do. Especially when I put a lot of money towards something. I'm a huge fan of this game and I've played since the second BWE. Yes I did express anger, and I'm still angry, don't come into my thread if all you can do is act like I have no reason to be mad. I have a very good reason to be pissed. 

No, I'd rage too. I was hoping you'd laugh and maybe calm down a little to think straight.

Good luck...and next time try a better password than Password1...:-P

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    So I'm at the account management screen and it shows 4 people logged into my account right now. One in CA, one in IL and two in TX. How the heck is this possible?

My guess is those are the locations that your account has recently be logged in from, not where it is currently logged in.

That was part of the security they recently added. It tracks login locations and if it is noticeably different they lock it down. Unfortuneately for you the hackers used your account to do "bad things" before that went in place.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Oh yeah I see what you mean. Take a screen shot of that and give it to customer support. They should have an email for that department.

I did calm down, I just had a much longer day at work than I'd have liked and I got home with my food and drink, plopped down to swing my greatsword and *BAM* BANHAMMER!!!! Just really threw a stick into my spokes.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

ArenaNet stopped sales of the game due to lacking server power...

You really think they will have a working customer support service ? 

lol :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Same thing happened to me, actually.

I'm wondering if someone screwed up somewhere, tbh. I've contacted customer support (and am still waiting), but I've been on pretty regularly since launch, trying to get some time in before my next gig. I was banned earlier today while doing DEs, haven't had much gold on any of my accounts, haven't been using the mystic forge at all, and haven't even sent people money in any way, except to trade for 1 adept manual someone was selling for 5silver.

I'm trying to be an adult about it, but if I don't hear back from them within another hour I'm going to be pretty pissed. I've had my account since the early BWEs of GW1. They really need to be a lot more careful with their bans.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    I did calm down, I just had a much longer day at work than I'd have liked and I got home with my food and drink, plopped down to swing my greatsword and *BAM* BANHAMMER!!!! Just really threw a stick into my spokes.

Is it possible you could post regular updates on your progress to get your account back?

I would be interested to know how they handle your case, and if they indeed do anything about it.  Thanks.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Hopefully you learn something about account security.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Stx11

My guess is those are the locations that your account has recently be logged in from, not where it is currently logged in.

That was part of the security they recently added. It tracks login locations and if it is noticeably different they lock it down. Unfortuneately for you the hackers used your account to do "bad things" before that went in place.

I'm not sure if that's even the reason, tbh. Myself and a few friends of mine got banned, but no one but us have successfully logged into our accounts. We all got emails from Arenanet saying that people tried to access our accounts from other areas, but we used their link to block the IPs.

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Hopefully you learn something about account security.

Yea I have, it's lacking.

I got screenshots of my Account Management/Security section. It shows all the people that logged into my account today. I've been working my ass off and some idiot with no life and no heart is ruining what I paid for. It show's the IP address, I wanna post the pics publicly and get friendly hackers to hack them. lol..../sigh
    What these people did to my account is not much different from vandalism.
  • twitch242twitch242 Member UncommonPosts: 177

I think theres a lesson to be learned from this clip...

...do hope you get things resolved though.