Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you plan to use Gems for?

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Also will you....

Buy them periodically, as buget allows?

Calculate a monthly buget becuase you don't have a sub anymore?

Grind up gold to buy them

EDIT:

hehe, I guess "all of the above", excludes not buying gems.

Comments

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I choose all of the above even though that includes buying and not buying gems. I bought 800 gems and got an extra bank slot.
  • TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192
    I plan on farming gems and trading them for sex with RL chics.  I doubt the end user agreement saw this one coming.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I bought 600 gems already for ~2 gold. I'm going to use them to extend my bank.
  • pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Right now the only thing I really need is more inventory and bank space, but I might buy other things in the future.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

in most cash shops Ive dealt with 100(cash shop currency)= $1.00

GW2 seems a little more expensive 800gems=$10  or 80g=$1.00

I dont think i like that but I doubt Ill be spending a lot of $ anyway.. i just thought it a bit greedy for them to charge more for less in return than what is the norm.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Needs a 'none of the above' option.

I've bought two character slots, an account bank extension and blew the remainder on a few dyes (rubbish colours mostly *sigh*). Weird that my account feels naked without a few gems?

Throwing a bit of money at this game isn't a problem at all, the fact I don't have to puts me in control (always a positive frame of mind) which makes me feel much better about doing it, it's a great game, easily getting my moneys worth, I like Anet, very happy to support it.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    everything but convert it to gold. Mainly buying bank slots though.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I refuse to support the gem cartel... :-P
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

TOWN CLOTHES! I ALREADY GOT THE PIRATE ONE! ARRRRR~!

And mini pets*

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I bought 600 gems with gold and expanded my bank. I'll try maxing inventory as much as I can.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    If the future expansions are available with gems, I'll use them like that, otherwise, no gems for me

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by colddog04

!?!?

I thought gems were selling for about 25 silver each.. so 150 gold for 600 gems??

Originally posted by Banquetto

!?!?

I thought gems were selling for about 25 silver each.. so 150 gold for 600 gems??

No, you are way off. I think it was 2 gold 10 silver for 600 gems when i bought them.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Banquetto     !?!? I thought gems were selling for about 25 silver each.. so 150 gold for 600 gems??

No, you are way off. I think it was 2 gold 10 silver for 600 gems when i bought them.

OK.. taking a look at it now.. price is low 33s, average 35s, high 36s.

What it doesn't say, but which is apparently the case, is that this is the price for 100 gems, not one. Why they didn't feel that this was a necessary piece of information, I have no idea.

Anyway, yes, 600 gems right now would cost me a shred over 2 gold.

Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by Banquetto     !?!? I thought gems were selling for about 25 silver each.. so 150 gold for 600 gems??

OK.. taking a look at it now.. price is low 33s, average 35s, high 36s.

What it doesn't say, but which is apparently the case, is that this is the price for 100 gems, not one. Why they didn't feel that this was a necessary piece of information, I have no idea.

Anyway, yes, 600 gems right now would cost me a shred over 2 gold.

I'll bet there are a lot of people that think gems are crazy expensive right now because of that little omission. I already knew it was per 100 because I was in the betas and whatnot, but I'll bet a lot of people are misunderstanding that screen.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I've purchased my gems.

I plan to open all teh slots and such.

I will alos trade for gold so I can buy crafting mats.

I'll buy any DLC that comes out.

But I doubt I'll buy frilly stuff.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Judging by how much money I've been getting for my first 12 levels, if gem prices remain at 30-some silver per 100, then I don't think I'd spend any real money on them.  I'd just use in-game money.  If they got more expensive I might do a bit of both.

I'd like to get more bank space and 1 more character slot in the next month or two.  2 more slots and maybe extra bag space sometime after that.  Possibly some cosmetic stuff that's permanent.  Seems like spending real money might be rather avoidable overall though.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Drachasor

Judging by how much money I've been getting for my first 12 levels, if gem prices remain at 30-some silver per 100, then I don't think I'd spend any real money on them.  I'd just use in-game money.  If they got more expensive I might do a bit of both.

I'd like to get more bank space and 1 more character slot in the next month or two.  2 more slots and maybe extra bag space sometime after that.  Possibly some cosmetic stuff that's permanent.  Seems like spending real money might be rather avoidable overall though.

I imagine the cost of gems is going to be relative to the amount of money people have to spend on them (gold) As people become wealthier in game, The cost of gems will also rise.

It will probably stay consistent to the amount of work to get them...Meaning the average player's Gold per hour rate will probably yield the same number of gems.

But that's just my guess.