Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you who are saying PvE being too easy

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

You said it in SW:TOR you said it on all other MMOs that came out. That you weren't getting a challenge. Well, that time has come and gone. Because in GW2 if you're lvl 80 you'll get scaled down for all the lower level dungeons and yes they're plenty of challenging. Well you say that storymode is easy. Then try explorable mode then you'll never say anyhing about easy again.

You say Dynamic Events are Hearts are too easy. Well once again, you get scaled down and you can always go to a higher level zone to level for the challenge.

Really a no brainer.

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Okay.
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

a few DE's i found VERY difficult...

The fire ele at thurmanova reactor...... sure we won.... but with the 50 or so players that showed up for the fight.... we all died like around 10 times each... respawn near by..... die again... repeat...

krait queen near divinitys reach.... she is in this little cave surrounded by mobs and she has this aoe that will bring u down to 20% hp.... won that one as well but again died ALOT.

There are DE's you just know not to touch... like when you are the only one in the area and its a vet or champ mob who has lots of allies in the area....you avoid those unless u have help with you. so eazy or hard is relative to the situation.

I think i only seen 2 failures in 48 hours of gaming time spent because the DE required many people to get through and there was only 2 participating...... when the respawn point is so close kinda hard to fail some.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by ellobo29

a few DE's i found VERY difficult...

The fire ele at thurmanova reactor...... sure we won.... but with the 50 or so players that showed up for the fight.... we all died like around 10 times each... respawn near by..... die again... repeat...

krait queen near divinitys reach.... she is in this little cave surrounded by mobs and she has this aoe that will bring u down to 20% hp.... won that one as well but again died ALOT.

There are DE's you just know not to touch... like when you are the only one in the area and its a vet or champ mob who has lots of allies in the area....you avoid those unless u have help with you. so eazy or hard is relative to the situation.

I think i only seen 2 failures in 48 hours of gaming time spent because the DE required many people to get through and there was only 2 participating...... when the respawn point is so close kinda hard to fail some.

QQ Fire Elemental. That Fire AOE is everywhere, and they instagib. ;__;

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Syno23

You said it in SW:TOR you said it on all other MMOs that came out. That you weren't getting a challenge. Well, that time has come and gone. Because in GW2 if you're lvl 80 you'll get scaled down for all the lower level dungeons and yes they're plenty of challenging. Well you say that storymode is easy. Then try explorable mode then you'll never say anyhing about easy again.

You say Dynamic Events are Hearts are too easy. Well once again, you get scaled down and you can always go to a higher level zone to level for the challenge.

Really a no brainer.

IM not really sure this is peoples idea of challenging PvE encounters "autoscaling" but sure whatever floats your boat.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Really a no brainer.

IM not really sure this is peoples idea of challenging PvE encounters "autoscaling" but sure whatever floats your boat.

the whole autoscaling bit for Pve And I heard it exists in pvp as well is why I dont want to play the game.  If I am max level I dont want to be minimized and scaled down if I walk in a low level area.  and if I earned a high level and the appropriate gear I should not be fighting someone who had his level/stats/gear raised, simply so as to make things fair.  war is never fair.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by TyvolusNext
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Really a no brainer.

the whole autoscaling bit for Pve And I heard it exists in pvp as well is why I dont want to play the game.  If I am max level I dont want to be minimized and scaled down if I walk in a low level area.  and if I earned a high level and the appropriate gear I should not be fighting someone who had his level/stats/gear raised, simply so as to make things fair.  war is never fair.

So you prefer to go into low level areas and ruin peoples fun with your max level character?

PvP does not raise the gear or the skills. All it gives a player who is below level is the level 80 stats. Which in no way will make that player as good as a player decked out with the skills and equipment they would have earned by playing to level 80.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

The dungeons are definitely no joke.   These "newbie leveling dungeons" I've done so far are already harder than any 5 man content I did at any stage of WoW.

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

The dungeons are definitely no joke.   These "newbie leveling dungeons" I've done so far are already harder than any 5 man content I did at any stage of WoW.

Where are those dungeons? And what levels are they for?

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I;m level 16 and I'm raging now because I can't get past my level 11 storyline quest, Rumors of Trouble. Seriously....very irritated now. I just don't know how to beat it and I am sick of going through the whole freaking dialog everytime I come back from repairing my armor and spending my meager silver.

It's irritating because I just can't go outlevel the quest and come back and do it. I may never be able to do it. It is enraging me actually. I came here make a post to ask for help/tips...

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by 7star

I;m level 16 and I'm raging now because I can't get past my level 11 storyline quest, Rumors of Trouble. Seriously....very irritated now. I just don't know how to beat it and I am sick of going through the whole freaking dialog everytime I come back from repairing my armor and spending my meager silver.

It's irritating because I just can't go outlevel the quest and come back and do it. I may never be able to do it. It is enraging me actually. I came here make a post to ask for help/tips...

You are doing something wrong, im doing the storyline with pretty much 2 levels over me wihout a single problem.  back to topic, if you make comparisions with other MMOs, yes GW2 is really easy, maybe too easy, at the end is all about a DPS race and the lack of teamwork or a real coordination to do things is what make it easy,.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

You can actually ask people to come along and help. Someone in my guild asked for some help and we went in and crushed it.

They don't keep getting harder after that by the way. It's just that every once in a while they throw in one that can be really difficult for some classes to do solo.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by hikaru77

You are doing something wrong, im doing the storyline with pretty much 2 levels over me wihout a single problem.  back to topic, if you make comparisions with other MMOs, yes GW2 is really easy, maybe too easy, at the end is all about a DPS race and the lack of teamwork or a real coordination to do things is what make it easy,.

so easy compared to what? i haven't died this much in a MMO in i can't even remember how long.. since you are so pro how about some lessons?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The only MMO Ive died a large number of times in recently is TSW..

GW2 u kite,dodge,and youre pretty much win.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    When the swamp behemoth is soloable then pve would be too easy.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by tank017

The only MMO Ive died a large number of times in recently is TSW..

GW2 u kite,dodge,and youre pretty much win.

TSW you sit in front of an enemy and go through a rotation of skills... its very easy to generalize combat.  Its a different matter to guage difficulty based on that.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

The first one is Ascalonian Catacombs. It's a level 30 dungeon and is located in the charr starting zone.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

You are doing something wrong, im doing the storyline with pretty much 2 levels over me wihout a single problem.  

Are you talking about that specific quest?  It certainly is NOT easy for all classes to complete without dying.

@ the person having understandable difficulty with that quest, your best option is to find someone else (or two) to do it with.  It will be very doable with three people.  If you can only do it solo, you can just keep rezzing and dying until you kill off all the mobs -- far from ideal, but at least you won't be stuck.

I've played through the commoner human story to the 30s and there is *nothing* in that storyline that is remotely as challenging as the Rumours of Trouble quest in the Norn storyline.  It's the hardest quest -- solo, DE, or otherwise -- that I've come across in the game so far.

Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

The first one is Ascalonian Catacombs. It's a level 30 dungeon and is located in the charr starting zone.

Thank you.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

so easy compared to what? i haven't died this much in a MMO in i can't even remember how long.. since you are so pro how about some lessons?

I know you're being sarcastic but i have come lessons for you. GW1 was hard, GW2 is a joke, all you need to do is dodge, and run around ur target if u are melee, the AI is not very smart, so if u do that, you pretty much wont die, even better, just get ur range weapon, is all about  ¨run and hit¨, i remember killing a group of 8 mobs in a DE just using the AOE autoatk of my warrior Bow and running around them. If u die that much, then u are doing something wrong, is easy like that. 

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I know you're being sarcastic but i have come lessons for you. GW1 was hard, GW2 is a joke, all you need to do is dodge, and run around ur target if u are melee, the AI is not very smart, so if u do that, you pretty much wont die, even better, just get ur range weapon, is all about  ¨run and hit¨, i remember killing a group of 8 mobs in a DE just using the AOE autoatk of my warrior Bow and running around them. If u die that much, then u are doing something wrong, is easy like that. 

Wait till you get out of the newbie areas. Better yet, I'd love for you to post a youtube video of you doing that in AC.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Sorry but I also have to agree. I have died alot in the game too but only because I aggroed too many mobs. If I am just going around and killing mob by mob all you have to do is move and attack. If I go ranged with my dual pistols its like I am a demi god with no chance of loosing. This is what happens when you have combat that allows you to move and attack at the same time.

Wait till you get out of the newbie areas. Better yet, I'd love for you to post a youtube video of you doing that in AC.

How does it change? Whats different about it? Please post video and show me.

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101

I wonder if you are doing that while drinking potion still.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Mannish

you can look it up on youtube not hard to find.. but basically you are saying because combat is easy early on its easy throughout the entire game? seems like a pretty ridiculous assessment to me.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Mannish

you can look it up on youtube not hard to find.. but basically you are saying because combat is easy early on its easy throughout the entire game? seems like a pretty ridiculous assessment to me.

Its not ridiculous when you cant give any reason as to whats different about it at higher level? I asked 2 solid questions and your answer is to look at youtube? LMAO  Been watching videos of this game for months and now its time to hear from actual players and thats the best you got?