Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy MoP?

124»

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Cata was bad enough, MoP is the 1st step to attract 8 year old kids, iam not 8 year anymore, so i ended my sub 2 months ago.
    Dont miss anything now GW2 is around, its game heaven for me :)

Ashame tough as i had many many years of fun and epic moments in WoW, but death servers and blizzards unending greed turned me away as a loyal fan for 2 decades.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Went with no, but not because of GW2.  I suppose we're calling ourselves victims of Cataclysm, eh?  Meh...

It's funnny though, GW2 - um...I'd be more likely to buy MoP.  Outside of GW2 appearing all over the place in the forums here, it never crosses my mind nor do I give it any thought in the least.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

I 'might' have bought it but as I've not yet even bought WotLK and Cata that would mean it would cost me:

WotLK = £12

Cata = £6

MoP = £28

Total = £46 to catch up...

...and then have to pay a subscription??? lol

Totally overpriced and pure greed by Blizzard!

When theres an excellent alternative in GW2, WoW is just not worth it anymore.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I've always said I won't buy WoW expansions. But I've always bought them.

Wouldn't be suprised if I get this after I burn through Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Compared to GW2, WoW is really hard and challenging game Oo

• SpongeglobSpongeglob Member Posts: 2

I'm sure the 10 day free trial they'll eventually offer me will be more than enough to see the whopping 5 levels of quest content.

In Cata there was the excuse that Azeroth had been updated but unless 85-90 is way longer than 80-85 it isn't worth it.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

I voted "Not sure" because my recent line of thinking when it comes to MMO's is that I'm better off just playing a single player RPG or online lobby PvP games as when I did play WoW and other MMO's I simply solo'd or I just qued for pvp battles. Single player RPG's do the "solo" part better than MMO's can & PvP games do the "PVP" side better too.

The only real reason to play MMO's is to play with other players and for me personally I don't think the time investment vs. the time I did actually play with others in MMO's is worth it.

In WoW I finally started feeling like I was playing with bots. I'd que for a random battleground, most of my team would run around like bots with crappy A.I. (Not to mention it was the same 6 or so maps on rotation & gear>skill)

Then in the dungeon finder it was me and 4 other people who might aswell be bots since they didnt talk most of the time. 

Then when I logged into LOTRO the other week, I read someone spamming the channel to run the Barrow Downs dungeon (1st dungeon in the game). I found myself thinking I could /w this player, ask to join them, probably spend the best part of the next hour waiting for others to join the party, then watch as these players who probably know the instance rush through it. Again it seemed to me if I did, I might aswell be playing with a bunch of bots. What was the likelyhood of me befriending any of them and maybe starting to level up together or anything like that? Probably very slim. So I decided to just continue on my own soloing and that's pretty much when it hit me that I shouldn't bother with these MMO's.

Again, voted "not sure" cause my mind is still thinking over this problem I have with MMO's.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by donaldduck

I 'might' have bought it but as I've not yet even bought WotLK and Cata that would mean it would cost me:

WotLK = £12

Cata = £6

MoP = £28

Total = £46 to catch up...

...and then have to pay a subscription??? lol

Totally overpriced and pure greed by Blizzard!

When theres an excellent alternative in GW2, WoW is just not worth it anymore.  

WotLK = £5 (Sainsbury entertainment)

Cata = £6 (Amazon)

MoP = £24 (Argos)

Total = £35, so based on your catch up figures you have saved a months sub and then some there :)

If it aint your bag, then it aint your bag, for me it is still offering good value for money and having been in MoP beta i can see that is going to offer even more for a while yet, foe me anyway.

For sponge, the levelling in MoP beta at least has been a little more challenging than in previous releases, it is the first time in a long time that i have seen bodies strewn around PvE areas having been ambushed by a hidden MoB or crowded when you least expect it, but whether that will change on final release i have no idea. This expansion for me though has been about the personal phased areas and dailies that actually have some meaning to them now, as well as the changes to the cooking craft.  **SPOILER** I especially had fun with the Halfhill farm quests where you actually get your own little plot of land to build up, not to mention growing your own baby dragon or collecting mats to finish the trinket you just dug up and so on.

Some will like it, some won't, each to their own.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    No, went back a few months ago to help a friend get a mount. Leveled up for a bit through all the same areas again then didn't want to raid x50 to get stuff. Last time I checked wasnt WoW supposed to have 14-15 million subscribers by now? I keep seeing a few posts about 9 million...

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I won't be purchasing.

WoW has ceased to be an MMO that give's me entertainment for quite some time. The direction they took the game over the year's is not one that appeal's to me for many different reason's.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

nope

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    already bought
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• suchafreakshowsuchafreakshow Member Posts: 2
    Sadly, I took a flyer on TSW.  Bought the big deluxe package and everything.  Ended up being really disappointed with the game.  $280 down the drain.  Bought MoP the next day and can't wait for it to go live.
  • AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Nope. I already bought collectors edition so not buying another in the future. I will be happily playing my ce edition.
  • macrowowmacrowow Member Posts: 26
    I'm really looking forward to it. I've played since vanilla. I think they've got a great subject matter this time and they don't have to redesign the entire world like last time, they focused on just the new expansion.
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

No way, Blizzard isn't getting one single cent from me again, they made WoW a kiddie game...

And certainly not after the very dissapointing D3..what a hell...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

No, but not because of GW2.

Cata was horrible for me and making an expansion revolving around Pandarens just doesn't make any sense to me.  There's a good chance I won't return to WOW as long as there is a sub.  It's also lame that buying an expansion doesn't give you a free month.

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

I fully intended to not buy MoP.  I purchased two copies of GW2, one for me and one for the wife, and believed that would be what I'd be playing for a long time.  Sadly, GW2 is not the savior of MMO's and now I'm highly considering picking up MoP.  I'm still not 100% sure, but it's a definite possibility.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

No, but not because of GW2.

Cata was horrible for me and making an expansion revolving around Pandarens just doesn't make any sense to me.  There's a good chance I won't return to WOW as long as there is a sub.  It's also lame that buying an expansion doesn't give you a free month.

I'll agree that Cata wasn't the best expansion ever, but I think alot of that had to do with redesigning the entire old world. I'm excited to see what they can do when all they have to do is just focus on the new content for max level.

• Species5021Species5021 Member Posts: 44

I liked the quests in MoP and had a lot of fun with them on my warlock on the test server, but the dungeons still have the old static WoW feel which is really disappointing. I know you cant fix them up a lot but they did not even try all that hard :(

I'm thinking of getting it, maybe not right now but maybe when the human models get updated.

I know the old vanilla feel wont come back thats for sure, or even the burning crusade for that matter. Wotlk and Cata really took the game in the ass and im not sure i trust blizzard enough not to pull off another quickie.

Originally posted by Species5021

Wotlk and Cata really took the game in the ass and im not sure i trust blizzard enough not to pull off another quickie.

Epic line haha. 

It won't ever feel like vanilla again because they made things not matter. You know in 2 years you start over again. In vanilla there was true progression. Who cares now if you raided the first Nax? Back in vanilla if you raided Nax that was a big deal because you couldn't do it unless you invested lots of time.

I love stepping foot into those new zones for the first time - that's the closest feeling you will ever get to that first time you played.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Already bought it.  Just resubbed too after a year and a half  absence from the game.  Going to start over as a Level 1 Monk with a new account.  No heirlooms or money.  Hopefully it provides me with a little more of a challenge.

I'm also doing exactly this. I'm starting on a new server, though, instead of a new account. All of my friends have quit as of this point, so it's time to make a fresh start and make some new ones!