Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy MoP?

KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
The poll concerns mainly  WoW subscribers, ex or active ones

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Yes, I am going to continue the collection until they stop making them. I know that most people are unhappy with the Panda thing, but I have no problem with it. Besides, I want to try a monk! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Already bought it.  Just resubbed too after a year and a half  absence from the game.  Going to start over as a Level 1 Monk with a new account.  No heirlooms or money.  Hopefully it provides me with a little more of a challenge.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Already bought it.  Just resubbed too after a year and a half  absence from the game.  Going to start over as a Level 1 Monk with a new account.  No heirlooms or money.  Hopefully it provides me with a little more of a challenge.

That's a great idea.  I've thought WoW was easy mode for years, but maybe if I'd have done that it would have increased the challenge and value.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    bought it, im all in for mop ,................gw 2 was a snooze fest
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    No, Cata was my last hurrah for WOW

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by papardelios

LMAO Every new MMO that comes out will be Successful just because player want to chk out the flavor of the month. I can not imagine why you would even want to add the words GW2 in your OP for that matter in this forum. The GW2 forum is over that way -------->

But seriously Every MMO that comes out will be successful look at TOR when it first came out. Now look at it. There is a good chance that GW2 could end up like TOR given time. WoW is here to stay.image

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

Bought it.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by MrNo

LMAO Every new MMO that comes out will be Successful just because player want to chk out the flavor of the month. I can not imagine why you would even want to add the words GW2 in your OP for that matter in this forum. The GW2 forum is over that way -------->

But seriously Every MMO that comes out will be successful look at TOR when it first came out. Now look at it. There is a good chance that GW2 could end up like TOR given time. WoW is here to stay.image

i boughted already too because while i dont mind pandas (maybe i like them tbh) i like all the changes in content. i also speak about gw2 because as it seems its the only game it hurts wow (until now) and it has passed little time from its release to MoP future release. i think wow will be new and fresh at last after a long time

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

"No, but not because of GW2"

I am playing GW2 very actively now, but as said, it's not the reason I'm not gonna by MoP. I have played it on the testing server, and I really don't like the expansion at all. Blizzard seems to dumb down things even more after Cataclysm with MoP. More railroading, more silly quests, more of the same... Though my main is not yet 85 (but very close), I really do not like the idea of hitting new cap soon and do the same instanced dungeons over and over again. Not worth the €35 of the expansion and €13/month in general.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Kyleran

cata left me extremely disappointed in WOW too

but i know ill buy MOP someday -- just not this year

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Kyleran

cata left me extremely disappointed in WOW too

but i know ill buy MOP someday -- just not this year

as many others :)

• Going to buy it. Planning on reaching max level, probably on a Pandaren, play the dungeons a bit and evaluate whether to quit again or keep playing. It depends on whether they've made the end-game more enjoyable for me than in Wrath/Cata.

I was hoping to play GW2 and was getting caught up in the gargantuan hype wave of ultimate destiny, but fortunately was able to get into one of the BWE where I found the game to be mediocre at best (my main compaint being the awkward, cumbersome basic gameplay/combat). So yeah, going to buy MoP. Main reason probably the Pandarens, as I've been whining for those on the WoW forums since the game was released ;)

• mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 Member Posts: 92

no one said WoW wasn't staying.

but MoP will be the first expansion that is focused solely on bringing new players into the game, not old ones back or keep veterans.

pokemon and fluffy pandas / kung fu panda and farm ville are directed at younger gamers.

WoW will survive, but there is little reason for people who suffered through Cata and got burnt out to come back.

how do I know?

read the charts. most of mops changes are patched in. and people were expecting more.

image wow looks really bad

and the competition looks healthyimage

why should people who don't do heroic raiding (the majority) play a gear grind MMO?

and why should younger gamers, which MoP is directed at, not play a game that is actually FUN TO PLAY, like GW2, instead one that destroys old content once you outlevel it.

why should new players of the genre pay a sub or grind gear when they could grind amazing looking gear that does not make their gameworld irrelevant?

Originally posted by Axxar

Going to buy it. Planning on reaching max level, probably on a Pandaren, play the dungeons a bit and evaluate whether to quit again or keep playing. It depends on whether they've made the end-game more enjoyable for me than in Wrath/Cata.

I was hoping to play GW2 and was getting caught up in the gargantuan hype wave of ultimate destiny, but fortunately was able to get into one of the BWE where I found the game to be mediocre at best (my main compaint being the awkward, cumbersome basic gameplay/combat). So yeah, going to buy MoP. Main reason probably the Pandarens, as I've been whining for those on the WoW forums since the game was released ;)

let me guess: you stood around, and played it like WoW at level 85 and cursed the game for only giving you 2 abilities

stupid guild wars! I get 50 abilities in WoW and only 2 in GW2! and this is juts button mashing and so on...

if you play it like WoW, you simply do not play how it is intended.

and the combat and gameplay is about a hundred times more complex, deep and diverse than WoWs.

watch this: it's titled: GW2, where is the skill? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgfVZZkgsZI

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    I have no plans to buy it, but may break down and get it eventually. Like some others mentioned, Cata left a bad taste in my mouth.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Nope....No monthly fees so really....there wlll be noway to tell.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Originally posted by ZigZags

Nope....No monthly fees so really....there wlll be noway to tell.

essentially every player who bought gw2 is subscribed for life

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by mmojunkie5000

Going to buy it. Planning on reaching max level, probably on a Pandaren, play the dungeons a bit and evaluate whether to quit again or keep playing. It depends on whether they've made the end-game more enjoyable for me than in Wrath/Cata.

let me guess: you stood around, and played it like WoW at level 85 and cursed the game for only giving you 2 abilities

stupid guild wars! I get 50 abilities in WoW and only 2 in GW2! and this is juts button mashing and so on...

and the combat and gameplay is about a hundred times more complex, deep and diverse than WoWs.

watch this: it's titled: GW2, where is the skill? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgfVZZkgsZI

Good God, this thread isn't about GW2.  GW2 fans are raving lunatics.  Say one thing about the game, even on a thread that isn't about GW2, and they can't let it rest.  

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    yes, i already did.  GW2 wasn't a factor, I would have even if I enjoyed guild wars, but in fact GW2 was a total waste of money for me-  I didn't think it would be my thing, but i thought i would enjoy playing it for a few weeks at least.  Instead I was to bored with it to continue by level 6.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Good God, this thread isn't about GW2.  GW2 fans are raving lunatics.  Say one thing about the game, even on a thread that isn't about GW2, and they can't let it rest.  

yeah, I've complemented the game once and had like 10 of them come after me with pitchforks.  I was at a friends and said it was good, except when you're in WvW and you enter an area with huge battles the game freezes up for a sec.  My friends computer is one of the best you can get right now, he built it himself just for GW2.  They took that as a "omg gw2 sux bbqsauce pewpewlazerz" and bashed me lol. 

As for OP, I pre-ordered the collectors edition (box) like I have for everything warcraft.  Warcraft and Rift are the only games I'll pre-order or buy asap.  Everything else has to wait for my "release + 1 month" rule.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Yes, because mmorpgs are a hobby and interest of mine and I want to see MoP for myself since it's a big deal in this field whether you like WoW or not.

I can have fun with WoW, TSW, and GW2 all at the same time.  I'm a major altoholic, so it kind of translates into being a gameoholic, too.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

I find DCUO far more entertaining and cheaper in the long run than WOW or GW2 at the moment. I'm glad  to see how far DCUO has come since launch.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Of course I bought MoP image

Even despite the Kung Fu Panda expansion, I got 8 years vested in that game.

Originally posted by Gravarg

yeah, I've complemented the game once and had like 10 of them come after me with pitchforks.  I was at a friends and said it was good, except when you're in WvW and you enter an area with huge battles the game freezes up for a sec.  My friends computer is one of the best you can get right now, he built it himself just for GW2.  They took that as a "omg gw2 sux bbqsauce pewpewlazerz" and bashed me lol. 

As for OP, I pre-ordered the collectors edition (box) like I have for everything warcraft.  Warcraft and Rift are the only games I'll pre-order or buy asap.  Everything else has to wait for my "release + 1 month" rule.

never had that problem and my hardware is 3-5 years old.

how about watching the video and commenting it?

it clearly shows that there'S no lag in sPvP and how much lag would screw up the game.

watch any streamers doing WvW. no freezing.

watch TB or yogscasts old vids from early beta: no freezing

pls do not assume, just because your friend spent a lot of money, he might have software or hardware issues that have nothing to do with the game.

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

NO i will not this time.

WoW is done for me and blizzard does nothing to change that , plus my last experience a few months ago my brother ressed my account was horrible .

I wish lot's of fun to those who love it though.

Currently enjoying GW2 whenever i have time.