Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MMORPG to end all MMORPGs.

If you sit back and think about what Guild Wars 2 is.   If you break down everything it offers, everything it has, and the fact that they do not ask for a single red cent after purchasing it, to play it - you have the greatest MMORPG ever made.

There is nothing that offers such immersion, such fun, and innovation.   Everything we-the-players have asked for and complained about in other games has been fixed.   What makes this game so great is not just the talent behind it but the philosophy.

For the first time, in this industry we have a company that TRULY listens to its playerbase.   They do not pretend to, they do not ignorantly avoid us, they allow us to help them make this game - to make us happy.

Sure, we have some launch issues ( I have experienced none, aside of the AH but I can remember countless games with similar problems at launch and its also wise - could crash economy: AOC had this same situation ).  

But at the end of the day, this game, is the balls of the MMORPG world.  

Thank you Anet, you've made it.   You've made the greatest MMORPG, possible one of the greatest games, ever made.

If there ever was a game worth paying a subscription for, it would be this one.   I would happily pay in excess of $14.99.

Comments

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I like your enthusiasm. Tho for me, it's just a good game. Like swtor. Good for awhile. Hopefully a long while.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

What I like most about it is that they listened.  They listened to us, and they listened to each other, and basically cut out a lot of the things that make playing MMOs a chore.  For that I and many others are thankful.  That's mostly what I wanted anyway.

Instanced resource nodes FTW.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Will depend on speed of release and size of Expac's 

• Free2012Free2012 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Will depend on speed of release and size of Expac's 

+1

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226
    Yeah, ok.  Sure.  

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I completely agree.  It's about damn time that a developer took a step back, looked at the genre as a whole and thought "What do people hate about MMOs?" and took it out.  "What do people love about MMOs?" and Improved on it.  And "What kind of amazing ideas of our own can we add in?" and then added them.  "Now let's make everything, especially the little things as detailed as humanly possible." and did a fantastic job.  It really is a hell of a game.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by gieger808
    I like your enthusiasm. Tho for me, it's just a good game. Like swtor. Good for awhile. Hopefully a long while.

Well said.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367
    OP: Your enthusiasm is admirable, but yeah, GW2 is not even remotely close to being "the MMORPG to end all MMORPGs". It's a decent game that's fun for a while, but it will fade like all the rest.
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Maybe we should wait until it's been out at least two weeks before making statements like this.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Agree, lethal, sometimes enthusiasm is just better than unfounded scepticism don't you think? Life is too short :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Beyond some relatively minor issues, GW2 is pretty much everything I've wanted in an MMO.  Not that I don't see directions future MMOs could go to improve on a lot of the core concepts GW2 displays.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Judging from what you previously have said about Guild Wars 2 I have to say I think either you spent a couple days in it and had a change of heart.  Or just as likely this is an elaborate way of posting tongue-in-cheek based on your previous posts.

So far it's a good solid game for me and I'm likely to keep playing for a long time, as I did with GW1.  Did I have to change my pants after trying it out?  No.  For which I'm actually quite grateful!

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Drachasor
    Beyond some relatively minor issues, GW2 is pretty much everything I've wanted in an MMO.  Not that I don't see directions future MMOs could go to improve on a lot of the core concepts GW2 displays.

+1

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

seriously  this is beyond normal . when i like a game i like it period....i dont get in a orgasm state , the whole GW2  masturbation is just redicule.

Its ok to celebrate an successfull  release , but whats going on right  now is beyond sanity. The 'get a life '  never applied

more than on the GW2 example. I just dont get why ppl freaking out like this...its kinda sad

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Well, GW2 falls short for me, I mean they couldn't add first person views and what is an MMORPG without mounts?   GW2 is a good game as far as themeparks go, but in my opinion it falls short from being the MMORPG to end all MMORPG's.  
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

It's a nice game. Not the MMO messiah like many here proclaim. Hopefully it will remain relevant after it's been out a few months.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yet people wonder where all the "MMO messiah" comments come from... it's only "haters" who say things along those lines...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

In three months everyone will be off chasing the next "savior" and the next one to "end all MMORPGs".

History is a difficult thing to learn from if you're not paying attention.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Based on your previous comments I'm glad to see you converted OP,  I used to be like you and now my veiws are the same.   I can't see how anyone with an open mind couldn't absolutely love this game.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Distopia

Yet people wonder where all the "MMO messiah" comments come from... it's only "haters" who say things along those lines... 

Of course. Anyone who is not a rabid fanboi is deemed a hater. It couldn't possibly be that they are trying to be a little more realistic in their praise of the game. It also couldn't be that maybe not every decision the developers make is "teh bestest evar." 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Distopia

Of course. Anyone who is not a rabid fanboi is deemed a hater. It couldn't possibly be that they are trying to be a little more realistic in their praise of the game. It also couldn't be that maybe not every decision the developers make is "teh bestest evar." 

"If you're not one of us, you must be one of them..." :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Pumuckl71

seriously  this is beyond normal . when i like a game i like it period....i dont get in a orgasm state , the whole GW2  masturbation is just redicule.

Its ok to celebrate an successfull  release , but whats going on right  now is beyond sanity. The 'get a life '  never applied

more than on the GW2 example. I just dont get why ppl freaking out like this...its kinda sad

I think it's because we all love the type of game an MMORPG is, we're all on this site after all, but the same model has presented itself in a lot of the major releases in the last few years.  Some play them anyways because it's a fresh story, different mechanics or we are just bored.

GW2 does something different.  I'm not talking about one feature or another but the game when played as a whole is a serious breath of fresh air for a fantasy MMORPG.  I personally hadn't played an MMO for about a month before GW2 release because for the amount of time they take at night it just wasn't worth it.  Will GW2 slide into it's natural position with people in time? Sure but that won't take away what the game is.

I rather like seeing positivity around here.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I think your reaction to this game is as personal as any other game.  Bound to be bunches of people who aren't happy with it, same as every other title.  The op's praise is over the top, just as most of the criticisms are.

Will not miss the griefers though, that much is for certain.  The other titles are welcome to keep them.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Zekiah

In three months everyone will be off chasing the next "savior" and the next one to "end all MMORPGs".

History is a difficult thing to learn from if you're not paying attention.

WoW was a savior for a while to many.   Guild Wars 2 is along those lines.   For example, when is the last time you've heard of a game banning sales, due to too many players? 

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Yay you!  Feel better now?