Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite class so far?

Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
I been switching between my Ranger and Elementalist still can't decide!

What about you guys?

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Really having a blast with my warrior. At 47, I'm specced 20 defense/ 17 arms, with emphasis on defensive stats for the gear, and I'm quite hard to kill. Emphasis on bleeds and crits is fun to play too. Using 5 signets for PVE (+200 precision at my level... =P).
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    Might have to try a warrior now
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I've only played my warrior.  I like to level one character at a time.  My next two classes will probably be a ranger and a necro.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Thief.  Youre nigh unkillable in pve if you have gun offhand and just keep everyone beside you and press 5 every 4 seconds.  Ranged enemies will kill you thouhg....I also like the shadowstepping around.  Shadowstepping around is friggin awesome.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I am loving my dual dagger / bow thief

then I am torn between my ranger and my elementalist.

then my necro and lastly my guardian.

just to clarify, I really love my guardian and he comes in last, should tell you how much I love the rest :)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    ele, but the theif is more challenging.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Ranger, although I tried to stay away from that class and experience the others I still prefer it. I guess it's just my playstyle.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Necro, it's one of its kind and could take a while to grow on you, but once you unlock Lich Form you are changed for life. Veteran mobs don't stand a chance.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Engineer.  Really the only class in this game that has interested me thus far, although I may try a Mesmer or Necro later on.  Having a bomb kit in one of your utility slots so you have the Big Bomb on your utility belt is pretty fun.  Nothing like dropping a glue bomb in the middle of a pack of mobs during an event, running in and setting up a big bomb, then watching bodies flying everywhere as it explodes.   

Engy takes a little while to get fun, but once you start earning enough skill points to buy various kits to fill out that tool belt, it gets pretty good, I have to say.

• OnoriaOnoria Member UncommonPosts: 25

Currently have a 32 Thief... Never played a rogue or anything before... But this class is SO exciting to play. Dag x2 / Bow... nothing beats all the shadowstepping around and the hard hitting backstab. The jumping around took some getting used to though. I would heartseek into groups of mobs (before I learned not to spam buttons) at lower levels accidentally haha. Can definately prove to be pretty squishy if you don't watch your step and heal when needed (But i think thats GW2 more-so than just the Thief profession).

I love this game. 

That is all

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    lol that poll is BS backwards!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    I am surprised the Elementalist is coming in last; half of the server I am on is filled with them
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Thief is by far the best class. If you want to play alts I highly suggest you keep the thief for last...because once you go thief...

The mobility and control is where they really shine. 

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I can not, for the life of me, get pulled away from my Necromancer.

He's an Asura, and i'm in Gendarren fields, I got a new helmet and some cool looking armor, he seriously looks like a ritualist type guy. The look on him I absolutely love, it's the best looking character I think i've ever had in any game. it's not even flashy at all, it's just down right dirty. He looks mean.

No chance of me leaving him for anything else.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Thief and Engineer but since i can only vote for one, engineer wins by small margin.

Bite Me

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Warrior for my main, I may make an elementalist after I get to 80 with the warrior. Those will my only 2 classes. Thought I'd like the thief but really only worth playing for battlegrounds.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
     can't really decide although just started warrior and loving it.. just the sheer number of weapon options is great

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    All i ever see are thieves, rangers, elementalists, and engineers, every other class is occasional with necro being the most rare.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

I like my Ele -- I love switching skill sets on the fly with the four attunements and different emphases.  

I also like the Guardian and Engineer.  Guardian is quite versatile, but also weak health-wise, which provides a bit of a challenge, which can be fun.  The Engineer is all around fun and different from traditional classes, so I like that as a "take a break" class.

Currently my Guardian is my highest (30), but I'm now focused on leveling my Ele (different race and different crafts).

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by tank017
    All i ever see are thieves, rangers, elementalists, and engineers, every other class is occasional with necro being the most rare.

Interesting.  There are certainly quite a few of these, but I also see a lot of warriors and guardians -- at least as many as I do Engineers.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
     can't really decide although just started warrior and loving it.. just the sheer number of weapon options is great

Do greatsword/ 2H mace. Greatsword has so much catchup and mobility in it, with a hard hitting combo thou the ult is kinda lacking in damage with an ok buff. 2H mace has massive CC and aoe, can stop an attack for over 5-7 seconds and has an aoe CC that looks amazing, what I use my adrenaline on. Then just mess around with other skills, love the charge one for more cc, endure pain for survivability then its basically preference for the rest. Fear is nice too.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Knightblast

Originally posted by tank017

Interesting.  There are certainly quite a few of these, but I also see a lot of warriors and guardians -- at least as many as I do Engineers.

Yeah, must be a server thing,i see the ones i listed more than any of the other classes.
  • heavy3p0heavy3p0 Member Posts: 16
    When i play my warrior: "oh man! I love this class! I will never play my ranger again!"

When i play my ranger: "woohoo! Rangers are awesome! why am i wasting time with that dumb ol warrior?"
  • GolbezaGolbeza Member Posts: 62
    So far, Guardian! I'm having a blast! Not a fan of all the weapons though but I'm in love with Greatswords, spin to win! <3
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I rolled Guardian as my first class, though I said I would roll Warrior.  I'm having a lot of fun with her.