Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I am SICK and TIRED of the "more difficult" crowd

ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon

Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta, but a few people whined with Esports mentality, some 16 year old action zergers asked for more hardcore, and now beyond level 16 both my Mesmer and my Thief are unplayable. I HATE those people. Why must they always cater THEM? While the world is fully crowded you get along, but play on irregular times, and those classes are a DAMN CHORE. And worse, the story instances are nightmares! I even took a friend along, and we died several times, even had to just ignore some instances, because even with two we simply could not do it, and to hell with levelling, because the DAMN GAME levels you down again, no matter.

I am so fed up with developers always listen to this hardcore crowd who ruin every game because they need games to be a dick size contest to PROVE themselves!

Grrrr

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

«13456713

Comments

  • ForumPvPForumPvP KingstownPosts: 871Member

    What happened to WoW,dumbed down to the bottom,this post doesnt make any sense.

    Edit:Even so called hardcore game DF is getting dumbed down.

    Let's internet

  • stringboistringboi Atlanta, GAPosts: 394Member
    I dont think the games difficult....you do need to plan your attacks and use your skills wisely (even more so on squishy characters)  I personally love the challenge....keeps the game from being too easy and getting boring.  You actually have to READ what each of your skills do and use them correctly to win.  It truly is much easier if you know how to plan your attack.  I had a hard time playing my elementalist at first...but then I started to look at all the defensive/utility skills and started to map out my attacks more thoughtfully....it has helped tremendously!
  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

    What happened to WoW,dumbed down to the bottom,this post doesnt make any sense.

     

    Dumbed down is good. Dumbed down is GREAT, because it makes me feel the HERO and not the useless twat I am for free in RL 24/7 already thank you very much.

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • paroxysmparoxysm Nowhere, INPosts: 437Member
    Originally posted by Elikal

    Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta, but a few people whined with Esports mentality, some 16 year old action zergers asked for more hardcore, and now beyond level 16 both my Mesmer and my Thief are unplayable. I HATE those people. Why must they always cater THEM? While the world is fully crowded you get along, but play on irregular times, and those classes are a DAMN CHORE. And worse, the story instances are nightmares! I even took a friend along, and we died several times, even had to just ignore some instances, because even with two we simply could not do it, and to hell with levelling, because the DAMN GAME levels you down again, no matter.

    I am so fed up with developers always listen to this hardcore crowd who ruin every game because they need games to be a dick size contest to PROVE themselves!

    Grrrr

    Others see it the exact opposite.  They find the game boring because people like yourself are always calling for the game to be easier in different ways.  See how that works?  Differences of opinion and perspective.

    Personally, I didn't find TSW to be overly difficult in the least.  Especially in terms of combat.  Only trouble I had was trying to find some quest answers without looking them up and not knowing to look at a certain obstacle from a different angle to see how to pass it.  Which, I felt dumb for not thinking of.

  • druezdruez Kingwood, TXPosts: 27Member

    Is this a joke post?  If anything, I think they could up the difficulty of the events and wilderness areas, just a tad.  I think the difficulty is just about right or a bit to easy.

    I'm a 40 year old gamer and I have to say this game actually takes skill to play.  I like that and it will keep me interested in the game, something an MMO hasn't done in a long time.  

    Not sure, I understand your whine at all, I'm assuming you were trying to be funny?

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by stringboi
    I dont think the games difficult....you do need to plan your attacks and use your skills wisely (even more so on squishy characters)  I personally love the challenge....keeps the game from being too easy and getting boring.  You actually have to READ what each of your skills do and use them correctly to win.  It truly is much easier if you know how to plan your attack.  I had a hard time playing my elementalist at first...but then I started to look at all the defensive/utility skills and started to map out my attacks more thoughtfully....it has helped tremendously!

    Don't talk so arrogantly down to me like I don't READ or plan!

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • KraylorKraylor Chandler, AZPosts: 94Member
    If you feel that the themepark games out on the market right now are too hard, you MUST have some kind of learning disability or maybe you had a frontal lobe resection due to some nasty head trauma or tumor.

    Waiting on: The Repopulation

  • stringboistringboi Atlanta, GAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by stringboi
    I dont think the games difficult....you do need to plan your attacks and use your skills wisely (even more so on squishy characters)  I personally love the challenge....keeps the game from being too easy and getting boring.  You actually have to READ what each of your skills do and use them correctly to win.  It truly is much easier if you know how to plan your attack.  I had a hard time playing my elementalist at first...but then I started to look at all the defensive/utility skills and started to map out my attacks more thoughtfully....it has helped tremendously!

    Don't talk so arrogantly down to me like I don't READ or plan!

    I am in no way meaning for it to sound that way....I'm going from my personal past experience.  I would rush into games stabbing or blowing things up without even reading what each of my skills do or thinking of a specific way to use them.  Once I did READ the skills and use them correctly....things got easier.  

    I like the fact that you cant just rush into a group of mobs and expect to win, things can change very quickly in favor of the enemy and you have to know what to do to win or get away...and knowing exactly what your skills do makes it easier.

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

    Eli. Can I call you Eli?

    Ok, good.

    Eli, here's how it is. The devs know you. All of them. They feed off of your constant forum emotion (mostly the rage). So, because they know you, they intentionally do this stuff just to get a rise out of you. They have to eat too, you know.

    YES! I know it! Ever since I was little, all the damn humans have nothing better to do than make life of others miserable and painful!

    But seriously... I just loathe this game attitude brought into RPGs by action and esports mentality. And worse, people who weren't even BORN when I started playing computer games having the guts to berate me how to play! The audacity!

     

    If you see a smoke cloud: it was me, exploding in anger.

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member

    Not to sound arrogant, but did you need some help with your character? I'm not saying I'm perfect in any way but i have noticed through trial and error with my engineer that if i make the wrong choices in the beginning with skill allocation that it was very much more difficult to both survive and to kill enemies especially when they run up in waves. So I've traveled around alot to get extra beginning skill points to enhance my engineer because i've spent the original points in useless abilities that didn't help me survive initially.

    My theif is the same way tho i'm slowly figuring out what works. I haven't played the mesmer, maybe there's a weapon type that has a few AOE specific abilities that you could use?

    The only other thing i've found extremely hard is the platforming. Some of the early ones have very little to stand on and it's not large enough for a large grumpy charr to stand on a toothpick to get to where I'm going LOL

    I've played the thief and you need signets to be effective, the first one i've chosen is the one that increases damage, there are two others to choose from. Dual wield daggers seems to have a great maneuverability. Also, sword and dagger has been very helpful imo because it lets you escape to a teleport location u setup yourself removing a condition.

    I dunno maybe this could help? Also, if the mail system is up, people are crafting like mad crazy maybe they could give you better weapons which helps a little in dps. 

    Purhaps using duel pistols abilities will help?

  • elvenwolfelvenwolf RomePosts: 139Member

    Mh.. I am not an exceptional player, now i am level 19 with my thief, and if i put some attention at what i am doing, usually end up on top.

    Honestly, maybe that two classes have something that don't coincide with your playing style, try something else. But GW2 don't look to me as.. very difficult,  to me is just about right,  if i pay attention is likely i win, if i rush down the mobs they send me back home in a box. 

    And as i have stated, i am not really a powermonger super expert MMO player.

     

    Same thing wiht TSW, i stopped to play it for other reasons, and still think is a very very good MMO, and the combat there too felt just about right,  i did pay attention to the mobs and usually could walk away from a fight.

     

    Maybe take a short pause from the game, and try it again with a fresh head, sometime one get angered with a thing and start to hammer it again and again, which usually make things worse because everytime one get more and more nervous to the point of frustration.

  • itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member
    Originally posted by elvenwolf

     if i rush down the mobs they send me back home in a box. 

    LOL same here! in pieces in my case.

  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,604Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by stringboi
    I dont think the games difficult....you do need to plan your attacks and use your skills wisely (even more so on squishy characters)  I personally love the challenge....keeps the game from being too easy and getting boring.  You actually have to READ what each of your skills do and use them correctly to win.  It truly is much easier if you know how to plan your attack.  I had a hard time playing my elementalist at first...but then I started to look at all the defensive/utility skills and started to map out my attacks more thoughtfully....it has helped tremendously!

    Don't talk so arrogantly down to me like I don't READ or plan!

    You must be pretty thin-skinned if you think that post was arrogant in any way.

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by itgrowls

    Not to sound arrogant, but did you need some help with your character? I'm not saying I'm perfect in any way but i have noticed through trial and error with my engineer that if i make the wrong choices in the beginning with skill allocation that it was very much more difficult to both survive and to kill enemies especially when they run up in waves. So I've traveled around alot to get extra beginning skill points to enhance my engineer because i've spent the original points in useless abilities that didn't help me survive initially.

    My theif is the same way tho i'm slowly figuring out what works. I haven't played the mesmer, maybe there's a weapon type that has a few AOE specific abilities that you could use?

    The only other thing i've found extremely hard is the platforming. Some of the early ones have very little to stand on and it's not large enough for a large grumpy charr to stand on a toothpick to get to where I'm going LOL

    I've played the thief and you need signets to be effective, the first one i've chosen is the one that increases damage, there are two others to choose from. Dual wield daggers seems to have a great maneuverability. Also, sword and dagger has been very helpful imo because it lets you escape to a teleport location u setup yourself removing a condition.

    I dunno maybe this could help? Also, if the mail system is up, people are crafting like mad crazy maybe they could give you better weapons which helps a little in dps. 

    Purhaps using duel pistols abilities will help?

    I know what you mean. You see, I don't want a 200% power buff! I just want a TAD more oomph, a little bit more durable and powerful characters, just a little bit, so I am NOT standing on my toes and suffocating from adrenaline rush every single fight? Is that so much to ask??

    Sorry. It just aggravates me devs always listen to the nerf crowd. ALWAYS! Why do always THEY have the final say? That's not fair! Just ONCE I wish they cater the games for ME not for THEM again!

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • AconsarAconsar Narvon, PAPosts: 262Member

    I'm actually quite thankful that the game is as challenging as you want it to be.  I generally find myself in areas fighting 3-4 levels higher for a harder challenge a the game rewards me for such (with better drop chances and rewards).  The game allows you to play anywhere and still progress with the level tiering...

     

    You already have super easy games out there and the game even caters somewhat to everyone allowing you to progress how you want to... why must you complain and try to ruin an aspect that gives diversity?  It almost seems like you're trolling because the game itself is insanely easy compared to any remote "challenging" MMO (if you can even call MMOs challenge, they're the special-ed form of skill level games).

  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer LisbonPosts: 415Member

    Because you're fighting enemies?

    It only makes perfect sense to be challenging and difficult. I mean, i go head to head with an elite or champion or whatever boss or mob and don't have a hard times beating him is kind off stupid.

    I love non combat activities to chill and relax, like crafting in sandboxes, or just exploring the world. But when i enter combat, facing a dangerious enemy that keeps putting me down sounds good, IMO.

    Edit: BTW, you're talking about GW2? I'm sorry, but, while the game is, IMO, hard than standart mmos, it's not exactly what i'd call difficulty or challenging.

  • EnerzealEnerzeal WarringtonPosts: 326Member

    Eli, did you play Everquest? 

    Did you play Asheron's Call?

    Final Fantasy XI?

  • TibernicusTibernicus Fall River, MAPosts: 433Member
    Originally posted by Elikal

    Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta

    No... it was just right in early beta.

     

    By late beta I could go to sleep and still win.

    This is a game about coordinating with others, that goes down the toilet if the mobs are so easy. There's already no death penalty so what are you whining about anyway, just play better.

  • CastillleCastillle KhobarPosts: 2,703Member Uncommon

    Didnt really have that much of a problem with my thief or mesmer.  For the thief, I typically ran dagger/gun.  Just time your 3 properly and theyll miss.  Your 4 can interrupt their attacks as well.  And your 5 is used for like...jumping in a big group of enemies clumped together.  As for others, I never really tried them much.   I played and learned all the abilities.

    For mesmer, I usually ran with the staff or dual swords.  For the swords, you have a block ability and your 2 makes you invulnerable for like..2 seconds. Its not that difficult when you get used to the enemies timing on their attacks.

    Aside from that I guess just dodge when you see something flashy coming your way? o.o

    ''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,590Member Uncommon

    @OP, the mode of combat is different in GW2. It's not built to be harder, just built to use different motor skills. Think back to WoW, and pretend that you are in PVP when fighting PVE mobs in GW2. 

    You have to learn to move around, you have to run, learn to kite them. My guardian has the same problem. Characters weren't meant to sit there and exchange blows one at a time. You also have to look at the type of mobs you are opposing and evaluate what your best attacks will be and use that gear.

    I was in the "Rumors of Trouble" instance and fightin gthe Ice Imps, I was like WTF????????

    But they I started really paying attention to the AOEs being laid down and dodging out. I started to run in wide rings around the mob(s) I was attacking, I'd change my movement directions, Etc Etc.

     

    I was able to defeat it, and quite easily I might add...Once I started to get hte hang.

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    We dont want a more difficult game to prove our dick size, we want a more difficult game because its more fun. everything being easy and handed to you is boring, If there is no challange there is no point.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Enerzeal

    Eli, did you play Everquest? 

    Did you play Asheron's Call?

    Final Fantasy XI?

    No, goodness.

    The ideal difficulty for my taste were EQ2 (post year one), WOW or LOTRO, and all three were great successes so I can't be too far off what the majority wants. Everything else is niche hardcore.

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • EnerzealEnerzeal WarringtonPosts: 326Member
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Enerzeal

    Eli, did you play Everquest? 

    Did you play Asheron's Call?

    Final Fantasy XI?

    No, goodness.

    The ideal difficulty for my taste were EQ2 (post year one), WOW or LOTRO, and all three were great successes so I can't be too far off what the majority wants. Everything else is niche hardcore.

    So you played traditional WoW? 2004 ish era?

     

    Which was a significantly more difficult than what it is now, and significantly more difficult than Guild Wars 2?

     

    Or are you post Wrath of the lich king era?

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,978Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elikal

    Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta, but a few people whined with Esports mentality, some 16 year old action zergers asked for more hardcore, and now beyond level 16 both my Mesmer and my Thief are unplayable. I HATE those people. Why must they always cater THEM? While the world is fully crowded you get along, but play on irregular times, and those classes are a DAMN CHORE. And worse, the story instances are nightmares! I even took a friend along, and we died several times, even had to just ignore some instances, because even with two we simply could not do it, and to hell with levelling, because the DAMN GAME levels you down again, no matter.

    I am so fed up with developers always listen to this hardcore crowd who ruin every game because they need games to be a dick size contest to PROVE themselves!

    Grrrr

    Actually computer games are getting easier and easier all the time. It is not 16 year old players that want a higher difficulty, it old players from the C-64 and Amiga era.

    And we haer you complain as well. And guess what, the games are still getting easier. GW1 however was an exception since it usually were pretty challenging.

    If you want easy there are plenty of games for you including TOR, Rift and Wow.To me GW2s difficulty is good, it is challenging so I actually cant sleep while I do a simple skill rotation. I am willing to bet that you can do it too with a little tutoring from someone, join a guild and learn how to play.

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

    OH OH OH i get him. i think i understand why he find them more difficult. Reaction time and Thinking, Both TSW and GW2 require it. The mindless grind of walk in kill enemy walk in kill enemy is a preference. or the idea that if your build isnt up to snuff by the third zone in TSW your going to die alot. These aren't action games, These are games that are supposed to be about planning and strategy to successfully deal with your enemy. if that isnt understood your difficulty rating of the game goes up.

     

    i can't say much about GW2 because i dont play it. but for TSW i could give you a build that would turn everything into a cakewalk until nightmares are run. its just knowing what to take to prior to getting to that build that is required.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

«13456713
Sign In or Register to comment.