Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am SICK and TIRED of the "more difficult" crowd

1789101113»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

Give the guy a break if he wants to play a thief.

I had a mate who would always play some sort of thief or assassin. In the early days of MMO’s being a different class meant you could have a different PvE experience, a thief was tough to level. I can remember him complaining about his sequences being interrupted and having a glass body rather than a glass jaw. :)

These days you can play what you like for style, in PvE and often PvP it makes hardly any difference. So style over substance in ezMMO’s once again, but at least my mate is happy!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Pumuckl71

And now your pointing your finger at us , the ones  who enjoy a challenge ...who study  encounters  to create  builds  that are more  effective and most likely result in success. And trust me  there a  90% solution to all ingame encounters.

That is obviously not true. No amount of thinking can get pass hard mode raiding without hours of wiping to practice maneuvers.

Spending 2 hours to learn a fight .. sure .. that is over-coming a challenging.

Spending 2 months to get through a boss .. please .. that is overkill.

No, that is a challenge you are not up for

.. and 98% of the player population .. such as in Sunwell. It is pointless to make it so difficult so only 2% of the players can do it.

Can YOU?

• DanerilDaneril Member Posts: 41
    I couldn't disagree more. I want things i've done in a game to feel like an achievement, not that i just pushed some buttons. Anyone can master something thats easy and dumbed down. And besides, almost every game these days are easy and dumbed down compared to older Mmorpgs. Gaming companies never listen to people who want harder games.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

These two pics are from the Xbox Live homepage. This is where they want the market to expand too. Look at the Social section of the site, this is part of their stratergy to will expand into a family market.

Now most gamers do not fit the family demographic, we are a subset of that. But gaming companies do not want a subset they want to sell to everyone. That means the more difficult games you love have been phased out over the years and are still being dumbed down. As the CEO of EA said “our games will be so easy to play your mum could play them”. He said that because he wants your mum to play, your eight year old brother to play and if your dog could pay for the game then your pooch as well.

Hardcore gamers started the gaming genre, but casual gamers have inherited it. The irony is the casual gamers think it stops here, where they want it too. But mum can’t play everything yet so the process of dumbing down is set to continue. Today’s casual gamer will look back in five years time and ask himself what happened?

Well you helped let the genie out of the bottle mate and it is not going back in. If old school games can be remade for a larger player base casual school, do you think they will stop there? If 80 million people on a social network will play Farmville then social networks have a lot of people who can be persuaded to play the next game from EA. It just needs more dumbing down and good marketing.

Originally posted by Daneril
    I couldn't disagree more. I want things i've done in a game to feel like an achievement, not that i just pushed some buttons. Anyone can master something thats easy and dumbed down. And besides, almost every game these days are easy and dumbed down compared to older Mmorpgs. Gaming companies never listen to people who want harder games.

You are confusing "takes lot of time" and "hard".

Hard mode raiding is hard. Diablo 3 is hard out of the gate (nerfed now but hard core inferno is still hard).

There are still challenging games. Now if leveling the first 10 level in WOW is not hard .. well .. that is true. But you can't claim there is no hard game out there.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

It's not a "Dick Sized Thing" as you say. Difficult=challenging=fun.  I enjoyed wow's raiding a lot- because it was more challenging and I think TSW is a great game because its new, innovative, and challenging. There are several parts of that game that i have to come back to after I get some better gear and fiddle with my spec because their too challening.  If it was easy, then I would quickly become bored ... and so would hundreds of thousands of people. These games are made as difficult as they are because having some difficulty to it makes it more fun. How do I know that? Because because of the shear number of people who play MMO's. Think about it. Zynga Games, the creator of many many popular FB games, is in a lot of financial trouble because they made very simple games that people didn't feel were worth paying any money for. If making these games retarded simple (the hardcore players will say they already are) made the companies more money- they would do it in an instant. I think that, considering you are having a lot of difficulty in themepark mmo's, you might want to try something a little simpler:

http://mmohuts.com/browser-games/family-guy-online

http://mmohuts.com/browser-games/the-sims-social

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

https://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/

https://apps.facebook.com/ab_in_adventure/

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    The "more difficult crowd" have been around since the days of the ZX Spectrum 128 & Commodore 64 when they used to take games back to the store and ask "tell Ocean make the game more difficult please" plus refund, their just part and parcel of gaming world like haters and fanboys.
  • YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51
    I'm sick and tired of people that want everything handed to them without putting in any effort. Back in my day games required hard work and thinking, but Blizz has introduced so many lazy and mindless people into MMO gaming that other MMO's end up having to dumb down their games because people that play WoW can't handle playing a game hat reqyuires thinking and work.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

Originally posted by Yaoiman
    I'm sick and tired of people that want everything handed to them without putting in any effort. Back in my day games required hard work and thinking, but Blizz has introduced so many lazy and mindless people into MMO gaming that other MMO's end up having to dumb down their games because people that play WoW can't handle playing a game hat reqyuires thinking and work.

Really?

The reason i quit WOW raiding is because it is too much like work. For god sake, a commited weekly schedule just to play a game. LFR solves that problem.

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

Really?

The reason i quit WOW raiding is because it is too much like work. For god sake, a commited weekly schedule just to play a game. LFR solves that problem.

I don't want a good discussion to drop of the front page  :)

So you quit WOW raiding becuase it was too much like work due to a committed weekly schedule to play a game ???

So I assume you have never tried to play any other group games that involved lots of other people ?

Like a  Bowling League,  Softball League, Dart League, Poker night the guys, etc ????

Why do you find it so shocking that it takes a schedule to bring together lots of people a the same time to play together ?

Originally posted by rutaq

Really?

I don't want a good discussion to drop of the front page  :)

So you quit WOW raiding becuase it was too much like work due to a committed weekly schedule to play a game ???

So I assume you have never tried to play any other group games that involved lots of other people ?

Like a  Bowling League,  Softball League, Dart League, Poker night the guys, etc ????

Why do you find it so shocking that it takes a schedule to bring together lots of people a the same time to play together ?

The point of a computer online is that you do NOT need to have a comitted weekly schedule. Not shocking .. just not my thing.

And no i don't play bowling, any sports, or poker night. If i want to play poker (which i don't), it is MUCH easier to do it online without the hassle of actually getting people together.

When i can find someone to play with at any time through LFD, why should i bound myself by a schedule? It is not like i want to make friends online. I have more than enough in RL.

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

So because you lack social skills an industry built around socializing in the game needs to go away? Maybe you need to go get some time around other people, and emerge from yoru basement once in awhile.

You got it opposite. I have too many friends/family that i simply don't have time for online people.

I don't want more time with people .. i want to play games. If i want to spend time with people, i will go out ...

And btw, i have no complain when game devs understand this, and make games that cater to my needs.