Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo.. how many of you with 60fps?

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

i2500k

gtx560ti

Lowest I've seen it go is 45ish in a heavy wvw battle, typically 60+.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

AMD phenom II x6 1055T stock

NVidia GTX 550Ti

8 GB Corsair DDR3 1066 MHz

pretty "mid ranged" PC..

http://upload.slike.com/slike/T7xN.jpg

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Does GW2 use all four cores OP?

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

Running GW2 with all maxed out on a gtx470. Make 50-65 fps even in crowded areas. Using 1920*1200. Other specs: 8gb ram 1600 cas 7, core i7 860, WD black 1tb. 

Game is running good .....much better than Tera or Aion. No down spikes here in GW2. All time quite stable. 

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• darkcrevicedarkcrevice Member UncommonPosts: 5

Drop your resolution and youll play with 60 fps 

1440x900

i7/ATI Radeon 4670 HD  50-60 FPS  High Shadows off

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by thekid1

Does GW2 use all four cores OP?

Nope, that's what I wanted to know BEFORE I bought the game, but damn mods deleted the entire thread.

On average it uses about 1,6 cores.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by darkcrevice

Drop your resolution and youll play with 60 fps 

1440x900

i7/ATI Radeon 4670 HD  50-60 FPS  High Shadows off

Nope.. Even with 1024 resolution I don't get any increase in fps. Maybe 1-2 higher, but hard to notice such small change it.

I've noticed that the amount of objects on the screen (players/spell effects and such) doesn't affect my fps much, but the current view affects a lot more.

Soo.. when I'm staring at the wall I might get a decent 40fps, but when I can see further my fps drops rapidly. Certain areas are much more laggy than the others, for example that lake area in Sylvari forest in one of the laggiest.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

If I want to run the game at 60fps with everything maxed, I can simply turn off one of my 2 ATI5870 2gig cards and half of my 16 gigs of ram.

Joined - July 2004

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Zyllos

i7 3820

Radeon HD 7970

16gigs of DDR3 memory

I run at 1440x900 @ 75hz (vsync on) and I usually get around 40 and up with it being an average of 60.

I run all settings max except for reflections off, shadows set to low or medium, and FXAA off. I am really surprised I do not just always get 75 FPS due to the hardware I have.

You should indeed get much more. I play on highest possible settings with same results as you (my average could even be higher than 60), with a much weaker PC:

processor: AMD 1055T

GPU: radeon 6850

4GB of memory

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

GW2 is one of the most fluid and optimized games I've ever played.

But to answer your question, if I want to run the game with max settings at 60fps, all I'd have to do is shut off 1 of my ATI5870 2gig cards, half of my 16gigs of ram, and shut off 2 of my 6 unlocked cores on my CPU.

What I'm trying to say is, the game runs great, even if your hardware is less than stellar. Your card is a bit tired (I ran Rift on a 4850 and had issues, even on medium settings).

Joined - July 2004

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

i7-930 @ 4.00 GHz

AMD 7970

80+ FPS @ 1920 X 1200

If I choose the option to overscan (or whatever they call--I forget-- running at a higher resolution and downsampling to 1920 X 1200) the FPS are halved to ~ 40 FPS for very little gain in eye candy...everything else max settings.

AMD CPUs don't seem to fare well with GW2 from what I've seen but the latest generation AMD graphics cards fare extremely well: this is the only game I know of where the AMD 7970 seems to outperform the nVidia 680.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Pretender00

During the BWE's I got about 10fps -30fps on this system:

Athlon X2 250 3.0 Ghz

3 GB ddr3 1333

AMD 4770 HD

windows xp sp2

I decided to do a little upgrade just to get a bit more fps and now get 30-55'ish fps.

Athlon X2 250 slightly overclocked from 3.0 to 3.2 ghz

12 GB ddr3 1333 ram

Sapphire 7770 HD OC'd edition

new 128 GB Adata SSD hard drive

Fresh new Windows 7 64bit  with only GW2 installed on new SSD

What I've seen is that the game is still VERY cpu dependant. My GPU has only been operating at about 35 %  while at the same time my CPU is going at 70% and up.

Next upgrade will be a new CPU unless Arenanet optimizes more for GPU utilization.

Final thought is that while I was on a budget I still bought the HD7770 because even though it doesn't preform great under Direct X 9, I have hope that soon GW2 will run DX 11 which should run much better with my card.

EDIT: The top results were on med settings, bottom results are on high settings with no post-processing and shadows on low.

Update **

I've gotten my CPU to stay stable overclocked to 3.5ghz and I am seeing better fps ... Now I bounce around from 40-70's in pve but in WvW it goes as low as 20 fps during battles. Stil playable so I'm happy.

I still think the game is very CPU dependant as even overclocked @3.5ghz my cpu stays above 70% and my gpu never really hits over 35% usage even in WvW battles. I'd really like to see some more balance so that people with older Cpu's can enjoy decent framerates in PvP. I really don't want to spend $450 bucks to upgrade the cpu/mobo just to play this game.

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

my 3 year old PC runs fine in PVE pretty much 60 fps all the time, only in a few places drops down to 50 or 40 when theres many ppl doing an event or something, on WvW well.... with 2 zergs drops down to 30s and if theres really many ppl iv see my fps droping to 15 or less but thats just pretty much for every1 in general, unless ur cpu is at 5ghz lol xD.

its a i7 920 @ 3.6ghz + hd5850 oc'ed + 6gb ram

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Masa1                 

In the end I trusted fanboys, ArenaNet and NCSoft and THIS IS WHAT I GET. A SHIT DAMN UGLY GAME WHICH IS BARELY UPDATING THE SCREEN WITH IT'S VOMIT GRAPHICS HECK EVEN WOW HAS BETTER! OH MY GOD IT'S SO UGLY!

It's to bad you are new to gaming online.

Often most people who can play games at high settings is what I would consider GAMERS, we gamers know we need to upgrade our systems unfortunaly to often, we know tech will keep pushing us to get new hardware.

We know older games will run allot better then newely released games.

So who's to blame, well it's very obviosuly you yourself.

Minimum System Requirements*

* Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time, and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

• Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
    • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
    • 2 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
    • 25 GB available HDD space
    • Broadband Internet connection
    • Keyboard and mouse

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Sorry didn't mean to sound too harsh but you might want to consider updating (if possible) your system. Since the game is very pretty on the eye's you just miss out allot on how the game actually looks.

But then again I am more of a graphics whore, I mean if I have to look at something on my screen it better be looking good, graphics should be equel to it's gameplay. Being a gamer for lets say 35 years out of 40 I already had my share of gameplay over graphic games and don't feel that is needed anymore.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by sammyeli
    Speaking of SWTOR, even it ran with 60fps on my PC.

See now you are jsut going too far LOL, I know you troll GW2 a lot but that made me LOL

lol so true.

I run between 30-50(depends on the battle) fps on WvW on my laptop.

Above that in PVE.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Knightsaber2Knightsaber2 Member Posts: 31

My i5 and GTX 570 seem to like GW2 just fine.  Get around 71-75 standing still, about 50-55 if I spin in circles in a city and about 40 some when there are dozens of other people around.

Can't complain.

Playing:SW:TOR
    Played: A lot.
    Beta tested: Freaking everything.
    Looking forward to: Nothing.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    30-50 fps on an i5 Dell laptop
  • UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

I bounce between 50-60 fps with everything turned on and the game looks beautiful. Even in WvWvW where there's TONS of particle effects and zillions of objects, very very good framerate. SOME video lag. But I think that's more network/client related than horsepower on my end.

I have an nVidia GTX 570 OC.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am sporting an i7-3770 8M Cache up to 3.9 GHz, Geforce GTX 690 and 16 GB Ram and the game runs at 10 FPs on Low?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by Homitu

I maintain a solid 45-55 fps in outer zones and about 35-40 in Lion's Arch.  I have most settings on max, even shadows on Ultra.  Shaders on medium.  Post processing is on.  My specs are very modest:

I7 860 clocked to manufacturer settings at 2.88Ghz

Radeon 5770

8GB DDR3

But you don't really care what specs I or anyone else have.  You just wanted to vent.  There there.  

Wow why shadows on ultra? unless you really like it its not advisable xD

i got my shadows on low and reflections off rest maxed and im capping 60 fps in pve xD with a system similiar to that

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

They wanted money fast so they released the game. They milked customers out of their money already so there's no more need to please those who bought the game, but can't run it well enough. GW2 is finished. At least for those with not super computers.

I'm runining it at 30 FPS on medium settings on my $600 HP laptop I bought 8 months ago... I'll even send you a screenshot if you don't believe me.

There is something wrong with your system or system settings, end of story.

Originally posted by cahenderson

I bounce between 50-60 fps with everything turned on and the game looks beautiful. Even in WvWvW where there's TONS of particle effects and zillions of objects, very very good framerate. SOME video lag. But I think that's more network/client related than horsepower on my end.

why did u only mention ur gfx card when the key part here is the CPU xd?

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I have a pretty amazing system that keeps me from even glancing at 'recommended system specs' (in my profile) on games over the past couple years. I play Guild Wars 2 with everything customized to max settings and windowed fullscreen just because my video card chips in a lot on the quality when anything is windowed. I get a consistent 30fps and it's perfect in my opinion. I never noticed a difference between 30fps - 60fps, so I couldn't be happier. I think it could be optimized a little though since I probably should be getting 60fps+.

edit: I forgot to mention I have everything in my video card's settings set to max quality over performance too, so I'm sure I could tweek that as well to get 60fps. I don't see the point though. I rather see the improved quality if it stays stable at 30fps.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Depends what I'm doing but I have between 50 and 90 fps.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Hyp47
    Originally posted by cahenderson

why did u only mention ur gfx card when the key part here is the CPU xd?

Because I brainfarted

i5-2500 OC'd @ 3.6Ghz, 8G RAM