Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't Blizzard releasing additional details about Titan?

1235»

Comments

• iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

While Titan was a game I always meant to play when it eventually is released...after the awful piece of garbage known as D3...I feel like they will have a RMAH in Titan and if they do I won't ever play it.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

This is just conjecture, but I see Titan being a social media driven game.  I think Blizzard sees the money in social media driven content and knows that many attempts have been made but nobody seems to be able to create something truely encompassing.

I think their key points will be:  

• Accessibility.  It is super easy to start playing the game (one click and you are playing, no account or character creation needed until you are some ways into playing.  That way people post a link on their facebook for anyone to join them and everyone is there in the game standing next to them without doing any work at all).
    • Large amounts of people playing and communicating about it via social networks
    Think free realms + WoW + even easier to get into.  WoW was more popular than any mmo because it hit a critical mass that made it part of pop culture.  I am sure blizzard wants to do this with their next mmo and this is how they will do it.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Titan was scrapped when the sweeping layoffs occurred back a year ago to streamline service and focus on WoW. They're now working slowly on Blizzard DOTA.
  • KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Latronus
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

- waiting for another two MMO launches so they have a bevy of ideas to steal

- fighting to convince the suits to greenlight F2P/B2p instead of the sub model

Agree with your first one.  It will most likely have a lot of voice overs and a limited number of abilities, now they are just waiting on a few more games to rip ideas from since they can't come up with any good ideas on their own.

Not sure what you mean by ripping ideas because they can't come up with their own. I mean they found a way to get more people into MMOs by taking other MMOs ideas, which isn't a bad thing. So if they take some other games ideas and improve on them, how is that a bad thing? Sure its annoying when people call games like DAoC, EQ2, heck even EQ1 WoW clones because Blizzard "invented" mmos, but still. 

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by iamthekiller

While Titan was a game I always meant to play when it eventually is released...after the awful piece of garbage known as D3...I feel like they will have a RMAH in Titan and if they do I won't ever play it.

I refused to play my free copy of D3 because of the RMAH.

Originally posted by wormywyrm

This is just conjecture, but I see Titan being a social media driven game.  I think Blizzard sees the money in social media driven content and knows that many attempts have been made but nobody seems to be able to create something truely encompassing.

Is Titan the game that's going to have advertisements (eg. in game billboards) for real businesses?

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by jeffxsee
    Titan was scrapped when the sweeping layoffs occurred back a year ago to streamline service and focus on WoW. They're now working slowly on Blizzard DOTA.

Is this real? According to which source? Do you have a link? How could this news escape so many people?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Until I see evidence of an actual game I will see Titan as a publicity stunt to keep players future gaming prospects focused on Blizzard even if they dont currently play any of their games.
  • deerstopdeerstop Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I'm very surprised to hear that Blizz is making new game! It makes little sense from the financial point of view - why make new game, when they have WOW, the most popular MMO ever? Every expansion for WOW is like world-scale event. I remember seeing the Cataclysm adds in Moscow metro. I was sick of people talking about it ><'

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    If they truly are waiting for other publishers to do something first, then they have nothing original in the works.  Original ideas and innovation waits for no one.
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

Titan probably won't be released for 5 years. They just reset the dev process and took the majority of the team off of the TItan project because what they were doing wasn't giving them the results they were looking for.

So, with Titan maybe 5 years away, that will give plenty of time for Blizz to finish up all of the WoW expansions and let WoW's population die down a bit.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

They are in no hurry.. at all.  They are still making ludicrous amounts of money on their other games, WoW included, and thy can afford to take their time.

They may also have found themselves in a situation similar that SOE did with EQN. If they've been in development for a long time, and now find themselves in a changing market, they likely have had to scrap some of their work and re-think things.  

The main thing is that they have no need to be in a hurry.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• StonyairStonyair Member Posts: 7

#1 Blizzard is a shyte company.

#2 Blizzard is a company for the whining masses of children that cant stand what a true mmo is.

#3 Blizzard WAS a good company before WoW introduced their second expansion and they will never recover. Especially after their butchering of the Diablo series with Diablo 3.

• GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Stonyair

#1 Blizzard is a shyte company.

#2 Blizzard is a company for the whining masses of children that cant stand what a true mmo is.

#3 Blizzard WAS a good company before WoW introduced their second expansion and they will never recover. Especially after their butchering of the Diablo series with Diablo 3.

#1 A company is there to make money. Blizzard is actually really really good at making money.

#2 The market evolved and let you out in a cold niche. Yes that hurts, but lashing out and thinking your way is the true way is not the way to go about it. (hint: niche games)

#3 see #1

Don't misunderstand me, I hate WoW. I also didn't enjoy D3 very much. But I also accept that I am not the center of the universe. 

Seriously, the market gets what the market demands. That's how it works.

You can rant about children having the nerve to invade your personally owned genre of games, but that won't change a thing. They are there now. And screaming. Loud. A lot. And hopping around in circles yelling "PEW PEWPEW!". Oh my.

:)

• tandalovetandalove Member Posts: 6
    This will be awesome! I'd better get my books published before it goes live or I'm going to really have a hard time seeing daylight. 
  • OrinatiaOrinatia Member Posts: 3
    Wow...2016. Guess we'll be waiting a while for that one then!!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Because Titan is Hearthstone. C'mon guys that was too easy.

There never was a Titan mmorpg.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Because they are trying to come up with the next big idea to move the genre forward would be my bet. People can hate on WoW all they want, but thanks to Blizzard MMORPG's became mainstream, even if they game had few true innovations, it was a solid game that attracted a large following.

They don't want to make the GW2, Aion, Rift, etc. mistake, where they sell millions of copies and then 2 months later over half the people have quit. They want to repeat the success of WoW, which means pushing the envelope to new heights while still retaining the simplicity to draw in people who will pay and stay beyond a few months.

I do not envy them, it's a monumental task in a day and age where 90% of MMO's are the same thing with a different name.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.