Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't Blizzard releasing additional details about Titan?

Comments

• safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26

announcement maybe blizzcon 2013 and relase end of 2014

Look at blizz graph, horribly down week after mop release... http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AATVI&ei=OLJpUODoJqrB0QH8_AE

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Than so you don't think

Buying a single player game and
    Being presented with "error 37" every fucking time you wanted to play your game didn't piss people off.

then when you got in it was a shallow money grabbing shadow of its former versions, a grubby little attempt to maximize rmah earning potential first, with game play second.

Glad you brought up Torchlight 2 though. It's at least twice the game Dublin 3 claims to be, because its coded to be a fun game first, not a friggin on going cash cow.

Lots of people bought Dan brown books, tickets to Michael bay films and records from the xfactor, doesn't mean they arent shite.
  • benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    If I was Blizzard, I wouldn't say anything about the game. I would just keep developing and polish. Push out a beta test and then release the game. I wouldn't even put up a "Titan" webpage (Titan is just a production title BTW...I would expect them to announce a real title for it at next Blizz-Con.) They still get criticized over hero classes for a game that they have sold millions of copies of like 8 years later. They don't need hype.
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Yeah, I also find it kinda odd that they haven't released any information at all about Titan. Could be several reasons, it wouldn't be the first project, either game or movie, that has landed in development hell. However, Blizzard can afford to extend the number of years it stays in development.
    Some companies leave things to the last minute. Rockstar and valve don't hype really, they just release a demo a couple of weeks before launch. TESO us another good example mmo wise they only announced a few months back, but its launching early next year (but it had been in development 4 or 5 years beforehand), sometimes less is more.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    My wild guess is that Titan is a multiplatform MMO campatible with the next generation of consoles. I hope it's PC only but I think Blizzard wants in on the huge console market. They've hinted at porting Diablo 3 to consoles, my guess is that it's to pave the way for a console MMO.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Most mmo's are 3 years hidden before you even see a screenshot. Don't take it too personal that a game is under wraps thats just the norm.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

Amazed we havent heard more intel about this new MMO of theirs. 

Blizzard knows MMO gamers and their information release cadence will more than likely avoid the blunders that others have made in the past.

Anything they say this early will be subject to both wild speculation and the prophecies of the doom crowd. They're more than likely waiting until they have something solid enough to follow up with, as a barrage of questions will be inevitable no matter what they put out.

I also would put money on the fact that what they see good and bad in GW2 will affect some of their design decisions over the next couple months.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Fonci:
    There have been rumours this Titan game is a launch thing for the 720. This would also tie into the blizzard / bungie / microsoft halo mmo rumours that were doing the rounds years back.

But given blizzard recent comments on win 8, I now think it unlikely.

Even less likely to me is it being on the next playstation, what with Sony being a rival mmo company, Sony having planetside 2 and everquest next in the works and the rumours Titan is a mmofps which would clash with the former or a more "adult" version of wow, which would clash with the latter.

I also still wonder if the "completely new ip" thing is smoke screen, before they do a bombshell drop last minute marketing approach with a diablo or starcraft mmo. I mean a starcraft mmo in particular would make blizzard a ton of money, just imagine how many copies would fly off the shelves in Korea nevermind anywhere else.
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    StarCraft: Ghost is probably where they learned not to say much about a project until they are 100% sure it's going out the door.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

One thing that I think holds alot of weight is one of the main guys at blizzard (i forget who it was) said at some convention or interview (it was sometime last year) that Titan would not compete with WoW for subscriptions.  While many believe that is because Titan would be for a totally different player than those that play WoW, I believe that's because Blizzard is expecting Titan to take WoW's place.  As much as I've played and loved (and hated) WoW,  all MMOs will eventually come to an end... eventually.  I think Titan will be on the back burner, waiting for it's chance to come to the front and Blizzard will have it ready to go quickly, should anything happen to WoW's numbers.  

The only problem I have with Titan is that Blizzard has said that it will be an original, new IP.  I like to see new IPs, but this is one reason I liked WoW so much.  I've played around the Warcraft Universe since the original game launched (I bought it 2 days after launch, a friend turned me onto it hehe).  I always wanted to get immersed into the universe.  With WoW, we got that chance, and I personally love it.  With a new IP, however, there is no nostalgia factor.  Alot of my love for WoW comes from the fact that it is Warcraft.  I might not like the PvP, I might hate grinding levels on my new monk, I might even hate standing around Stormwind at endgame, waiting for queue...but I absolutely love Warcraft.  I have since the first time I booted up the disk and saw the orcs and humans fighting it out :)

Titan won't have that advantage.  So it will have to be very good to be anywhere near the success of WoW.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by nsignific
    Originally posted by dustyhayes
    Probably they are reconsidering their strategy after the not so desirable reception with D3 & hype is good too image

Yeah, 7+ million sold and a 88 aggregate score is not something to aspire too. Oh, you mean user reviews? Yeah, doesn't really affect the bottom line, does it.

Actually it does in a way and no it not inspiring due to 65% drop-off rate of the player base from Diablo III taken from Gametrics and Xfire and the D3 Backlash reaching as far as MoP sales and user scores.

That set aside what I was stabbing at was actually along the lines of changing their current strategy of implementing cash cowing RMAH's, other gamer unfriendly mechanic's supporting money gouging and resting lazily on their laurels, in favor of a decent high quality MMO and loaded with innovations and being gamer friendly like in the old Blizzard was reminding us why Blizzard is still the champ I don't know about you but I want Titan to be a great MMO relying on SOE's John Smedley to deliver just feels a little scraping the barrel to me.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by arctarus

First  i think they are waiting for more news regarding Archage.

Second, testing more features in the rest of the WoW x-pac.

Once, all tested and done, they will than announce the games feature and what it will bring.

To be able to continue to dominate the mmo scene , they must be very careful of this mmo, and especially given a name like " Titans" they cant afford to flop like the rest.

More planning must goes into this game before anything is announce. Because once announce, even though they can still change it ( but would cost more money and man-power, time ) , there's no turning back about what players think of this game.

And i believe they wouldnt want to make the same mistake as D3

Trust me ArchAge has no bearing on the situation.

For you Sandbox fans just consign yourself to the fact, right now, Titan will not be a sandbox.  There is absolutely ZERO reason, or chance Blizzard would develop a sandbox game.  Blizzard only makes game that millions of players can play which is why all indication points to Titan as being a Faceboox style Social game like Farmville.

Lol at people thinking Blizzard would do the honorable thing by creating a sandbox.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Blizzard takes forever releasing games.  They probably aren't anywhere close to even imagining a release date and won't release info until they are much closer to release.
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by arctarus

First  i think they are waiting for more news regarding Archage.

Second, testing more features in the rest of the WoW x-pac.

Once, all tested and done, they will than announce the games feature and what it will bring.

To be able to continue to dominate the mmo scene , they must be very careful of this mmo, and especially given a name like " Titans" they cant afford to flop like the rest.

More planning must goes into this game before anything is announce. Because once announce, even though they can still change it ( but would cost more money and man-power, time ) , there's no turning back about what players think of this game.

And i believe they wouldnt want to make the same mistake as D3

Trust me ArchAge has no bearing on the situation.

For you Sandbox fans just consign yourself to the fact, right now, Titan will not be a sandbox.  There is absolutely ZERO reason, or chance Blizzard would develop a sandbox game.  Blizzard only makes game that millions of players can play which is why all indication points to Titan as being a Faceboox style Social game like Farmville.

Lol at people thinking Blizzard would do the honorable thing by creating a sandbox.

One can only dream, why take that away from us until Titans Launch image

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I have a theory, blizzard are smart enough to know the themepark tiered model is tired and they have went for a halo/space travelling/in Starcraft universe/action orientated approach. They also know fine well that This is the equivelant to saying wow game play will die out and there is no way on earth they want a message like that hitting their remaining sub base.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Because... the very second they drop ANY information about Titan, the criticism will begin.  It wouldn't matter if the game they are creating was perfect.... the community would still find a way to rip it up.

I'm not a fanboy. 

But I would have to say that I dislike the gaming community more than I dislike most of the games these days.

lol...

sad but true.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Take a business 101 course and your questions will be answered.

You stay sassy!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol I don't think blizzard really cares about small foul communities. If the game is great then great game and marketing > all.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

I also still wonder if the "completely new ip" thing is smoke screen, before they do a bombshell drop last minute marketing approach with a diablo or starcraft mmo. I mean a starcraft mmo in particular would make blizzard a ton of money, just imagine how many copies would fly off the shelves in Korea nevermind anywhere else.

id jump on a starcraft mmo :)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Blizzard

When it's done! 

nuff said i think :)

and since the "new IP" is the only real info we have, no, that'S not a fake, and no, we wont get a sc mmo.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

Amazed we havent heard more intel about this new MMO of theirs.  Surely not because of MoP?  I mean if they said for example that Titan would be coming out in late 2013 or 2014 and would be x y and z it would not have any impact on WoW sales.

Really surprised we haven't heard anything recently about this MMO in development.  I know Blizzard is secretive and games come out when ready, etc. but sheesh....

I've heard in good faith that MOP is suppose to end the WoW franchise december 2013 and titan to start open beta in december 2013. Can't quote my source nor say my source is valid but...what I can say...is that Activision is actively seeking to sell Blizzard.

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I can't imagine Titan being anywhere near done.  We'll probably see another 2 WoW expansions before it actually releases so saying holding off on info to help MoP is just silly.  Other than that fact, releasing any info now when the systems in the game will probably be vastly different at launch then they were in the beginning stages is just going to cause issues with the potential player base.  People want info early but then they get mad when it changes but that's how the development cycle works.  The first cut of a movie can often be totally different than the final cut and games are no different.

Not all who wander are lost...

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    It's quite simple. Titan was by all reports designed as a casual MMOG that wouldn't compete with WoW. However over the last few years WoW numbers have been dropping rather dramatically so it's quite obvious they have changed the focus of Titan significantly. I am 100% sure once it is shown in a few years time, we'll see a non casual MMOG meant to help Activision pad its numbers.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Given the huge changes to all things gaming over the past several years, it would amaze me if they hadn't gone back to the drawing board on the big things at least once.