Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't Blizzard releasing additional details about Titan?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Because it's the mother of all facebook apps.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by jungleninja

They saw how GW2 ended up and changed the whole MMO world.

::Blinks::

I suppose this is true if your "whole mmo world" is 2 games you've experienced. I... don't even want to discuss this here. Nevermind.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    ... Because Blizz always does it like this. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Heh. people do not seem to remember how they did WOW. 

They worked on it for years with hardly a peep about it. They use a tight friends/family crowd to do the vast majority of their  beta's on games.

Time they start the machine to market it, the game will be 99% done and polished. What Bliz calls beta..takes most other companies a year after release to get to.

the Wired interview about Titan was 4 years ago

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/10/qa-blizzard-ceo/

heres what happened with WOW:

1999: development started

2001: Blizzard announced WOW

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ects-2001-world-of-warcraft-announced-2810134

2002:

E3 Preview of WOW

http://www.ign.com/articles/2002/05/22/e3-2002-world-of-warcraft

Bill Roper was talking about WOW loosely in 2002 stating the game wont be released before 2004

http://money.cnn.com/2002/07/17/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

2003: 

E3 Hands on w WOW

http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/05/13/e3-2003-world-of-warcraft-hands-on

E3 Gameplay Trailer;  Friends and family alpha started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXwVZi4sctY

2004: closed / public beta

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Because a polished sandbox takes time
    /wink

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

I think they know that the overhype can kill or at least seriously wound any product, no matter how good it objectivley is.

The more time people have to drool over the little info released and to create their own versions of how the game is going to be, the more potential for everyone to be disappointed in the final product.

And announcing it now won't hurt WoW, people aren't going to unsubscribe this instant because Blizzard has a new MMO coming out in two years.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    They have no incentive to speak much about Titan until WOW numbers really trail off. We just might be at that day, we will have to see how well MOP does.

I agree. Why potentially hurt MoP sales by introducing Titan early. Blizzard does not need years to build hype, the same day it is offically announced and information is released, it will become the most hyped MMO ever, putting both GW2 and SWTOR to shame.

Im sorry sir, but it sounds like your upset that GW2 and SWTOR does that what WOW doesnt do. Althought WOW still has the most subs, they arent that active anymore. Why would TITAN do anything better? They would have to first get rid of the questing they have in WOW, to be able to get anywhere close to the new mmos. All people can do is, hope that blizzard finally will listen to its fanbase.

Panda's next week everyone! Panda's lol!

Upset? No. But you're lying to yourself if you don't think Titan will be the most hyped MMO ever. Sure WoW is on a downward slope, well at least until MoP, but that is an 8 year old game. If D3 can sell ten million copies, I'm sure Titan will pre-sell more than GW2 and SWTOR have sold combined to this date.

Also, has it been confirmed that Pandas will be in Titan?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

If D3 can sell ten million copies, I'm sure Titan will pre-sell more than GW2 and SWTOR have sold combined to this date.

im no longer a blizzard fan but i agree

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Well why did D3 'sell' so many copies? Well first off, they gave 6 million away. I got mine for free with a sub to a magazine. Others got it, when they took a year sub on WOW. So, actually they cheated the system to make many fony sales. Who thinks that 10 million play d3 is crazy. Only a fraction of those still actually play d3 anymore. Including me. I checked it out, played it and havent been online for 2 months or so. So, see for yourself.

And about those saying I only played a few mmo's. Your wrong. I played many mmo's and have been playing computer games since the atari 2600 in 1979. So.....

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

Amazed we havent heard more intel about this new MMO of theirs.  Surely not because of MoP?  I mean if they said for example that Titan would be coming out in late 2013 or 2014 and would be x y and z it would not have any impact on WoW sales.

Really surprised we haven't heard anything recently about this MMO in development.  I know Blizzard is secretive and games come out when ready, etc. but sheesh....

they are still waiting for some more games to come out with different ideas so they can rip them off and try to make them better. It worked great for them in WoW why not Titan?

It's funny because it's probably accurate. I'd bag them for it if it didn't work so well.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

It got canceled a couple of months ago.

They just dont have the heart to tell us.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

It isn't close enough to being ready.

Often simpliest answer is the correct one.  You can put negative or positive spin on it as you wish but it is what it is.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Foomerang

/wink

Wow, that would blow my mind, the only guys too do something different from WoW, is the people that made it. I wouldn't know what to say lol

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Well why did D3 'sell' so many copies? Well first off, they gave 6 million away. I got mine for free with a sub to a magazine. Others got it, when they took a year sub on WOW. So, actually they cheated the system to make many fony sales. Who thinks that 10 million play d3 is crazy. Only a fraction of those still actually play d3 anymore. Including me. I checked it out, played it and havent been online for 2 months or so. So, see for yourself.

And about those saying I only played a few mmo's. Your wrong. I played many mmo's and have been playing computer games since the atari 2600 in 1979. So.....

Single-player games or games without monthly fee have served their purpose once they have been purchased. What you fail to understand that Blizzard just sold you a Diablo 3 virtual copy + 12 months of free wow game time for 100 bucks. Since World of Warcraft is in decline, now they got more WoW users (potentially increasing the purchases of Mists of Pandarai, since now 6 million people have 12 months of WoW game time). They didn't lose anything, they only gained increased sales in a declning game, a new game and potentially newly released explansion set. Do you honestly believe Blizzard, business wise cares if people play Diablo 3 for 3 months and quit? All they need to do is to release the next expansion and at least half of those people will return by purchasing the expansion set for D3.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They should care.

Also 3 months Is pushing it, I doubt most diablo 3 players managed 3 weeks.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Because its fake, a scheme to keep players interested in their company and their games.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    I have doubts that its even real, looks more like a scheme to keep players interested in Blizzard even after they stop playing WoW.

I'm fairly sure that it is real, my money would be on them trying to decide several key strategies, and probably waiting to see how the RMAH works out for them on Diablo 3 and whether they can implement something similar into a real MMO.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    They should care.

Also 3 months Is pushing it, I doubt most diablo 3 players managed 3 weeks.

Considering you can log on with a character in any level range, on any difficulty, at any hour and get a multiplayer game within seconds... yeah, I doubt anyone really plays Diablo 3. >.>

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    WoW is still very profitable and well-established. They probably wait until the population has declined somewhat more.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Not sure how no one has leaked anything about this game. We had stealth bomber/fighter leaks faster than this. So how is that no one has been able to sneak anything out ... no disgruntled employees . where are you at?

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

titan is planned for the end of 2014, so it will most likely be releaed somewhere in 2015.

so, why should we hear about it now?

so we can hype it till it reaches a status that can't be reached?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by dustyhayes
    Probably they are reconsidering their strategy after the not so desirable reception with D3 & hype is good too image

Yeah, 7+ million sold and a 88 aggregate score is not something to aspire too. Oh, you mean user reviews? Yeah, doesn't really affect the bottom line, does it.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Because critic reviews are to be trusted?

Lol look at swtor never mind d3.

Fact is blizzard pissed a lot of people off with d3.

Which probably explains why mop hasn't quite sold as well as they hoped.

And why they arent going into hype mode over Titan, they need to let the backlash for down.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by william0532
    Originally posted by Foomerang

/wink

Wow, that would blow my mind, the only guys too do something different from WoW, is the people that made it. I wouldn't know what to say lol

Blizzard never released anything even partially sandboxy and never released anything that is not mainstream - so I can even bet some money that it won't be sandbox.

Of course they may put some few very simple sanboxy-similar features maybe but that's max. 

They definately won't release sandbox.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Because critic reviews are to be trusted?

Lol look at swtor never mind d3.

Fact is blizzard pissed a lot of people off with d3.

Which probably explains why mop hasn't quite sold as well as they hoped.

And why they arent going into hype mode over Titan, they need to let the backlash for down.

yea, right, hard not to piss off anyone when the whole world is waiting for your game.

pure statistics, but i guess that's something most in here will never understand.

next statistic: torchlight 2 selling for 20 bucks. 50k players on steam, we do the math, d3 won ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"