Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't Blizzard releasing additional details about Titan?

TalonsWingTalonsWing Member Posts: 33

Amazed we havent heard more intel about this new MMO of theirs.  Surely not because of MoP?  I mean if they said for example that Titan would be coming out in late 2013 or 2014 and would be x y and z it would not have any impact on WoW sales.

Really surprised we haven't heard anything recently about this MMO in development.  I know Blizzard is secretive and games come out when ready, etc. but sheesh....

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

Amazed we havent heard more intel about this new MMO of theirs.  Surely not because of MoP?  I mean if they said for example that Titan would be coming out in late 2013 or 2014 and would be x y and z it would not have any impact on WoW sales.

Really surprised we haven't heard anything recently about this MMO in development.  I know Blizzard is secretive and games come out when ready, etc. but sheesh....

they are still waiting for some more games to come out with different ideas so they can rip them off and try to make them better. It worked great for them in WoW why not Titan?

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

First  i think they are waiting for more news regarding Archage.

Second, testing more features in the rest of the WoW x-pac.

Once, all tested and done, they will than announce the games feature and what it will bring.

To be able to continue to dominate the mmo scene , they must be very careful of this mmo, and especially given a name like " Titans" they cant afford to flop like the rest.

More planning must goes into this game before anything is announce. Because once announce, even though they can still change it ( but would cost more money and man-power, time ) , there's no turning back about what players think of this game.

And i believe they wouldnt want to make the same mistake as D3

RIP Orc Choppa

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Even the initial discussions when the game was announced put release at no earlier than the second half of 2014, so it's still at least 2 years away, and I think SW:ToR is a pretty good indication of how much anticipation can get out of hand if you talk too much about your game when it is still a long way off. It always seems to go a lot better for the developer/publisher if they wait to show off the game until some convention a year or so before their release target, when they have some parts of the game in a fully playable state.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

One thing that really confuses me is why we are assuming Titan isn't another WoW xpac.  My boyfriend says it is because Blizzard "confirmed" that Titan will not be an x-pac to WoW (yeah, just like they confirmed Cataclysm was not the next x-pac when the site was found in the Blizz directory)...

Titan is a name that would fit comfortably within the WoW lore.  Perhaps the Titans return in full force and we go full Xena on their butts.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    They have no incentive to speak much about Titan until WOW numbers really trail off. We just might be at that day, we will have to see how well MOP does.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by bonzoso21
    Even the initial discussions when the game was announced put release at no earlier than the second half of 2014, so it's still at least 2 years away, and I think SW:ToR is a pretty good indication of how much anticipation can get out of hand if you talk too much about your game when it is still a long way off. It always seems to go a lot better for the developer/publisher if they wait to show off the game until some convention a year or so before their release target, when they have some parts of the game in a fully playable state.

Yeah...I was reading my "Making of Guild Wars 2" book I got from my CE and Arenanet was apparently really concerned about how early they started releasing information.  They just felt like they owed it to the GW1 community since they were shelving Utopia.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

One thing that really confuses me is why we are assuming Titan isn't another WoW xpac.  My boyfriend says it is because Blizzard "confirmed" that Titan will not be an x-pac to WoW (yeah, just like they confirmed Cataclysm was not the next x-pac when the site was found in the Blizz directory)...

Titan is a name that would fit comfortably within the WoW lore.  Perhaps the Titans return and we go full Xena on their butts.

Because Blizz have said that Titans will be a new I.P

http://www.blizzmmo.com/

" Titan will be based on a brand new IP
    So, not a World of Warcraft expansion, not a Starcraft expansion, not a Halo MMO. Actually, nothing we’ve ever came across IP wise "

RIP Orc Choppa

Originally posted by arctarus

Titan is a name that would fit comfortably within the WoW lore.  Perhaps the Titans return and we go full Xena on their butts.

So, not a World of Warcraft expansion, not a Starcraft expansion, not a Halo MMO. Actually, nothing we’ve ever came across IP wise "

I know what Blizzard said but Blizzard has lied every single time information was leaked.  In the past they said "No, it's not X"...and we aren't falling for it anymore...so perhaps a new tactic of "Yes, it's Y"...when it's really X.  I don't blame Blizzard for lieing about leaked information, just stating they have in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing it here too.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    I have doubts that its even real, looks more like a scheme to keep players interested in Blizzard even after they stop playing WoW.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by arctarus

I know what Blizzard said but Blizzard has lied every single time information was leaked.  In the past they said "No, it's not X"...and we aren't falling for it anymore...so perhaps a new tactic of "Yes, it's Y"...when it's really X.  I don't blame Blizzard for lieing about leaked information, just stating they have in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing it here too.

Titan wasn´t "leaked" though, it was them who commented about the new project.

There is absolutely no reason to lie on this one.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    I have doubts that its even real, looks more like a scheme to keep players interested in Blizzard even after they stop playing WoW.

I agree Vaporware

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Titan is being played internaly http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/blizzards-titan-mmo-already-playable/ .  it's real time and time again blizzard have mentioned it telling us who is working on it etc. 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Why release solid, quotable information when not doing so increases speculation and hype?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    Why would Blizzard release info about Titan? Any hype created now would hurt WoW at least a bit, they don't need to impress investors, and releasing PR material to public doesn't help the developers in any way. Better for Blizzard to keep quiet about it until it's nearly done. They can create hype quickly when it's time for that.

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Vrika
    Why would Blizzard release info about Titan? Any hype created now would hurt WoW at least a bit, they don't need to impress investors, and releasing PR material to public doesn't help the developers in any way. Better for Blizzard to keep quiet about it until it's nearly done. They can create hype quickly when it's time for that.

They dont really need to create hype, we will do that ourselves....

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Wow would get a massive boost if Titan was a natural progression form wow. If a wow fan could get this reassurance I'm sure they would happily play on in wow, knowing where their future lay. Blizzard are not stupid they know this, and yet they release nothing. My guess is because titan is going to be a total depart from wow. It would not surprise me if Titan was a fps on multiple worlds in the starcraft universe with a mmorg element, kind of like what they done with Diablo - a game genre with wow elements grafted on top.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    Blizzard is smart enough to realize that hyping a new game for 3+ years is a surefire way to kill interest and annoy your playerbase. They'll probably announce it at the next Blizzcon and get it out mid to late the following year.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Anticipation makes the hype grow stronger
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Probably they are reconsidering their strategy after the not so desirable reception with D3 & hype is good too image
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Heh. people do not seem to remember how they did WOW. 

They worked on it for years with hardly a peep about it. They use a tight friends/family crowd to do the vast majority of their  beta's on games.

Time they start the machine to market it, the game will be 99% done and polished. What Bliz calls beta..takes most other companies a year after release to get to.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

I believe Blizzard annouces things a little too early if you ask me. They announce a game and it isn't even close to being release for another 2-3 years. With that said if Blizzard annouced Titan like 6 months ago you should look for more good information on it in about a year or so, maybe longer. Example Development of Diablo 3 started in 2001, announced they were working on it in 2008, released 2012.

Peace

Lacer

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    They have no incentive to speak much about Titan until WOW numbers really trail off. We just might be at that day, we will have to see how well MOP does.

I agree. Why potentially hurt MoP sales by introducing Titan early. Blizzard does not need years to build hype, the same day it is offically announced and information is released, it will become the most hyped MMO ever, putting both GW2 and SWTOR to shame.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

My two cents would be this: They saw how GW2 ended up and changed the whole MMO world. Now they have to stop their dev on TItan and change everything. They have to redo many things, so they dont want anyone to know whats going on. This will delay the game for another year or two.

Nah, just kidding. They mostly keep quiet just so they can change either way they want, but I guess like said by others here, they want to see how the new mmo's workout.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I agree. Why potentially hurt MoP sales by introducing Titan early. Blizzard does not need years to build hype, the same day it is offically announced and information is released, it will become the most hyped MMO ever, putting both GW2 and SWTOR to shame.

Im sorry sir, but it sounds like your upset that GW2 and SWTOR does that what WOW doesnt do. Althought WOW still has the most subs, they arent that active anymore. Why would TITAN do anything better? They would have to first get rid of the questing they have in WOW, to be able to get anywhere close to the new mmos. All people can do is, hope that blizzard finally will listen to its fanbase.

Panda's next week everyone! Panda's lol!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by coretex666

I am convinced that they will release information related to this project on Blizzcon 2013 if there is one.

I cannot believe that there are people so unintelligent that they actually claim that Blizzard lies about it to keep people interested in their brand or that it is not real despite the fact that they have already mentioned many times that it is in playable state.

Do you think that a company would be making a reputation for decades and the compromise itself with pure lies?

I agree, Blizzcon 2013 will be when they announce information on Titan. We know they won't be releasing three games in one year (D3, MoP, SC2:HoS), so there isn't much of an excuse to not have a Blizzcon next year.

We will get info on a D3 xpack (probably), WoW's next xpack (maybe) and Titan (probably).

I also imagine that there will be yet another Annual Pass incentive tossed in as well.