Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did head start, went back to WOW.

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Sometimes life lets you down. Some times you wait 3 years for something that you watched grow from an idea, to a concept, to an alpha, then beta, then a game only to be disappointed. When this happens you have a few options, you play it despite is being sub par because you have already invested so much time into it. Maybe you rage quit, uninstall, and go on a forum campaign to bring it down. Some times you go back to old games, others you abandon the genre itself. But, enough about SWTOR, lets talk about GW2.

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. With some proper patching and additions, maybe, doubtful, but maybe. For now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

Comments

• SvarcanumSvarcanum SthlmPosts: 341Member Uncommon
    I lol'd:D
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott BristolPosts: 433Member
    Droll

• PoufPouf St-hyacinthe, QCPosts: 341Member
    And here i was about to troll you...
  • xposeidonxposeidon Sandston, VAPosts: 384Member
    Good riddance o.O

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• viturinoviturino Bangkok, AKPosts: 7Member
    Gj sir.
  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member Common
    best post on this forums in a long while

• RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    Mannnn I really want Blizzard to get a hint from some of the newer games. I hope they make Titan B2P and build on gw2's features. Blizzard has the money and the talent to lead us in a new generation of gaming... if they could only take their heads out of their own (add colorful word here) long enough to do it.image
  • Stx11Stx11 West Hills, CAPosts: 415Member
    Well played sir... very well played 
  • dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

This sir was the best misguiding thread I have ever been

+1

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• trenshodtrenshod charlotte, MIPosts: 128Member
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Mannnn I really want Blizzard to get a hint from some of the newer games. I hope they make Titan B2P and build on gw2's features. Blizzard has the money and the talent to lead us in a new generation of gaming... if they could only take their heads out of their own (add colorful word here) long enough to do it.image

In all honesty I wish Blizzard would listen less to the community and do its own thing than they do now. Its the QQing that the community does that bring about crap changes. As far as implementing features from GW2 for sure that would be wise. However, there is allot more that Blizz can do to put it way above the offerings in GW2. I'll hand it to Anet they put together a good product that will most likely see great success over the years.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita montreal, QCPosts: 500Member
    +1

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Rio de JaneiroPosts: 461Member

This was pretty good indeed.

Made me go from berserk to chilling mode in a few secs.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• ipekaipeka hamburgPosts: 222Member
    News for you : Diablo3 likes to watch you & gw2 make sweet sweet love ,it's one of those fetishes.
  • jpnolejpnole Tampa, FLPosts: 1,656Member Uncommon
    Had to read the OP 3 times before I could tell it was a positive, pro GW2 thread. Tricky writing there!
  • reichtreicht Austin, TXPosts: 41Member

Well written words, well layed trap, and well played trick sir!

*golf claps*

Alright enough shenanigans, getting back on my Charr Warrior.

• redman875redman875 illinois, ILPosts: 230Member

Its always fantastic news to see the hardcore wow players falling in love with another game.

May you be happy here many, many years!

• GamefunGamefun Mesa, AZPosts: 290Member
    Nicely played out. ;)
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Wise choice. Why pay subscriptions to other games if you are playing GW2 100% of the time. You should have deleted all of your characters in WoW and Eve to show your true support...
  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

Got me too. Many kudos.

I uninstalled WoW and Eve many months ago waiting on GW2. Haven't missed 'em a bit.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Psychow
    Wise choice. Why pay subscriptions to other games if you are playing GW2 100% of the time. You should have deleted all of your characters in WoW and Eve to show your true support...

I agree, although I deleted my World of Warcraft character's long ago. I'll never go back, although I do miss the vanilla days and BC days. =o

• beb2592beb2592 Towaco, NJPosts: 59Member Uncommon
    Brilliant post. I did the same exact thing. Stopped my subs and deleted my other MMOs. I KNOW I will not be playing them so why keep them on my HD? Waste of space image
    Originally posted by beb2592
    Brilliant post. I did the same exact thing. Stopped my subs and deleted my other MMOs. I KNOW I will not be playing them so why keep them on my HD? Waste of space image

I could never play more than one game at a time. I don't know what it is, but when I play a game, I like to play it and it alone until I feel the need to change to another game. If I have more than one game, I tend to get burned out much faster, especially these days with all the mmo's that recently released over the years. I only keep two games on my computer, GW2 and Bf3. It's enough for me. lols

• mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 AkliaburgPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Sometimes life lets you down. Some times you wait 3 years for something that you watched grow from an idea, to a concept, to an alpha, then beta, then a game only to be disappointed. When this happens you have a few options, you play it despite is being sub par because you have already invested so much time into it. Maybe you rage quit, uninstall, and go on a forum campaign to being it down. Some times you go back to old games, others you abandon the genre itself. But, enough about SWTOR, lets talk about GW2.

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. With some proper patching and additions, maybe, doubtful, but maybe. For now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

so much win :)

(still have EvE on my pc though... I just love the game so much)

5 thumbs up on a nice bait and switch :)

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/ you're not the only one

http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow ; went down from 50k hours and 10k players to 20kh and 5k players in 3 days

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2 ; 83k h played  13k players

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Montreal, QCPosts: 1,803Member

i see what you did there....

did the same thing,

i only have TF2 (for a fun quicky)

Blacklight: retribution (for a more serious quicky)

and GW2 for my main game 

GW1 is also still installed so i can go finish my HoM, but honestly i would probably reach 22 for that Ithas longbow (since im a ranger at heart) and thats pretty much it. unless they add other fancy stuff to the game only attainable by GW1 i dont think ill be paying it after i reach 22 points in HoM

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 londonPosts: 274Member
    Originally posted by Grunch
    Lol nice! I sense many angry WoW drones out there reading this.

Would those be the same kinda drones as GW2, Tera, Rift have or different one's  ?