Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account problems!

VoltjeVoltje Member Posts: 20

I just got the game and while i have everything installed and such, my problem is the password.. i have been getting a error: pasword invalid. However as with every game i use a masterpasword : always the same. My question is , since ive been spamming passwords on this client , how to solve this? and when is pass recovery getting back up?

Ty for your time ^^

[CENTER]image

Comments

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

You should not use the same password for different services.

When you get compromised on one, all the others are also affected.

• VoltjeVoltje Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by TalRasha

You should not use the same password for different services.

When you get compromised on one, all the others are also affected.

and yet it could not been hacked in 2-3 min right?

[CENTER]image

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    On Reddit they posted last night that they disabled the password reset for now.  The reason is hacking.  A poster on this very site correctly deduced that hackers are spamming email databases that they got from third party and other games to see if they work on Guildwars 2.  They are basically laying down the groundwork for phishing attempts in the future.  They first want to see if your email is a valid GW2 account.  Email IP verification is coming.  Hold tight.  ANet is on it.
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    On Reddit they posted last night that they disabled the password reset for now.  The reason is hacking.  A poster on this very site correctly deduced that hackers are spamming email databases that they got from third party and other games to see if they work on Guildwars 2.  They are basically laying down the groundwork for phishing attempts in the future.  They first want to see if your email is a valid GW2 account.  Email IP verification is coming.  Hold tight.  ANet is on it.

now that is what i was looking for ty! :)

[CENTER]image

Still not up , anyone has an update on this?

[CENTER]image