Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I normally don't complain, but worst communication ever.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by vee41
    If anything ArenaNet communication has been A+. Check Their facebook. Twitter. Reddit posts. They are all over communities informing people of what is going even if it just saying "we are working on it".

They give A+ so easily nowadays? Back in the days, extremely few errors were tolerated if you wanted to get an A+. 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Twitter is their first line of communication.

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

If you care about keeping up to speed with what Anet is doing, for Pete's sake make a Twitter account

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    If anything ArenaNet communication has been A+. Check Their facebook. Twitter. Reddit posts. They are all over communities informing people of what is going even if it just saying "we are working on it".

They give A+ so easily nowadays? Back in the days, extremely few errors were tolerated if you wanted to get an A+. 

Where exactly have they gone wrong? There has been lots of communication from ArenaNet, what else could you ask for?

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

And that is a good thing??

A+

"We dont have own forums ,we have something better,google it"

Let's internet

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Oh my god,

A launch with problems.

Lag mail system not working forum turned off so people dont spam "LAG! "MAIL NOT WORKING!" and all the stuff they ALREADY KNOW!

Yeah I see this is very bad. Cus no other MMO launch had this.

Oh wait. How long did it take before you could  even log into diablo 3? At least its possible to level up atm.

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206

Really, this is extremely poor behavior.

They need forums with news updates (hell, they need forums period!), or they need a section on their website with updates.

I just got kicked out of a dungeon after over an hour, just a random loading screen back to the front. I don't know if this is a "feature" of some kind, or a common issue. Players need official support forums, it's a standard MMO feature that is very important for the health of a game, especially a buggy one such as GW2 currently is.

Twitter is their main line of communication? seriously?

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Where exactly have they gone wrong? There has been lots of communication from ArenaNet, what else could you ask for?

By not updating their main page nearly much as they could have and what is expected of a serious MMORPG company. 

Edit: Not having a somewhat working official forum at this point of the game's lifecycle can also be considered as a major flaw. 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i do understand that social networking sites like facebook and twitter are the wave of the future and everything but still official forums would be nice.  some of us would prefer to get our infos through forums plus forums make it easier to search for info compared to looking through a linear twitter feed.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Oh my god,

A launch with problems.

Lag mail system not working forum turned off so people dont spam "LAG! "MAIL NOT WORKING!" and all the stuff they ALREADY KNOW!

Yeah I see this is very bad. Cus no other MMO launch had this.

Oh wait. How long did it take before you could  even log into diablo 3? At least its possible to level up atm.

Idiot consumers are backing up the system with retarded tickets which they could fix themselves if they JUST FUCKING GOOGLED IT.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    I also think it's lame they only seem to be providing info through 3rd party services, but it does help them keep costs down so that they can keep the game b2p. I guess you have to give a little to take a little.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

The communication on facebook has been pretty good yes, but not everyone uses social networking they should really have forums up and running now even if its just for them to post updates and not let other people post.. at least they would have a central point for people to go..

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Twitter is their first line of communication.

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

you don't need a twitter account to view their twitter page.

Originally posted by itchmon
    i do understand that social networking sites like facebook and twitter are the wave of the future and everything but still official forums would be nice.  some of us would prefer to get our infos through forums plus forums make it easier to search for info compared to looking through a linear twitter feed.

Originally posted by Caldrin

The communication on facebook has been pretty good yes, but not everyone uses social networking they should really have forums up and running now even if its just for them to post updates and not let other people post.. at least they would have a central point for people to go..

ArenaNetTeam

This is the current status of the most important issues we're tracking with Guild Wars 2 live service.

Account security - We're seeing an uptick in reports of account theft and attempted account theft. We believe hackers are using databases of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and pre-existing trojan horses, to search for matching Guild Wars 2accounts which they attempt to compromise. To prevent this, we have temporarily disabled the "reset password" feature, and we're working to bring email authentication online. To protect yourself, please ensure that you use a unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you don't use for any other game, email account, forum or web account.

Email authentication - Email authentication is a feature that notifies you if someone tries to log into your account from a location you've never logged in from before. Thus, even if someone guesses your game password, he can't log in unless he also guesses your email account password. You can make email authentication even more secure by using an email provider that supports two-factor authentication, such as Google or Yahoo, and taking advantage of that. We're currently preparing email authentication and intend to deploy it in a phased rollout, starting on Thursday, August 30.

Parties, guilds, etc. - Parties, guilds, and other social features are periodically failing. This causes issues such as party members not appearing on the map, and party members not staying in the same overflow servers as they travel between maps. This happens particularly during times of peak usage. We're working to fix related problems and mitigate this issue with each subsequent update.

Worlds - Many worlds are filling up. We're keeping the number of worlds constrained so that worlds stay well populated even after the initial surge of high concurrency. However, we will add worlds as necessary. As of Wednesday, August 30, all German language worlds are full and all French language worlds are at high usage, so we're adding two new German language worlds and one new French language world.

Overflow worlds - During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while many characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow maps. If you want to play with a friend, but you’re not on the same overflow map, you can form a party together, then right-click on your friend's portrait in the party list and click "join". Note that this functionality is sometimes intermittently unavailable due to the "parties, guilds, etc." issues noted above.

Trading Post - We're working to bring the Trading Post back online. To help test, we've temporarily made it available to a random 15% of players, while we work to resolve remaining capacity constraints that will allow us to open it to everyone.

Edit: We have completed our live testing of the Trading Post for today and the Trading Post is now in maintenance for all players. Thank you everyone that participated; this test has helped us tremendously.

In-game mail - We detected a potential abuse of the in-game mail system and have temporarily disabled in-game mail to prevent any such abuse. We'll reenable it soon, hopefully in tonight's update.

Edit: The fact that in-game mail is disabled means that it's currently impossible for account hackers to loot stolen accounts, so we're going to leave it disabled for just a little while longer, while we work to ramp up email authentication.

Botting - We'll start substantial banning of bots on Wednesday, August 29. Since we're currently seeing widespread casual, unsophisticated botting, we will start with 72-hour bans for first offenses. In the coming days, as we address the casual botting problem, we plan to switch to our normal policy of permanently banning anyone who runs a bot.

Forums - Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit.

Next software updates - The next update of the game server and back-end server software will take place tonight at midnight Seattle time. The game may be unavailable for approximately 20-60 minutes while we perform the update. We expect this update to have fixes for email authentication and in-game mail. Our continued work on the Trading Post is not tied to game updates, so we will continue to test Trading Post updates throughout the day.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Originally posted by helthros
    I also think it's lame they only seem to be providing info through 3rd party services, but it does help them keep costs down so that they can keep the game b2p. I guess you have to give a little to take a little.

One could argue that the item mall and the gem-for-gold aspect was enough sacrifice. It depends from person to person, how much shit you are willing to take before you say "no". 

• MaraGossepMaraGossep Member Posts: 74
    The game is great, but the lack of communication via their own website about patches and downtime is slightly annoying.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Shubawkss
    the other 90% of the world uses

wow .. not even high enough to be funny.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I dunno why they are being so useless at this. They can do the ingame announcements, I've seen them before. They can update the launcher news with progress info. Yet they don't... It's dead wierd.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by MaraGossep
    The game is great, but the lack of communication via their own website about patches and downtime is slightly annoying.

Do you know how to internet?

How did you find your way here?

www.google.com

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    They've been consistently posting updates on Twitter and Facebook - you know, that thing the other 90% of the world uses, and you are trying to be #1 against? Yeah, that thing - yous hould try it sometime.

So your the type of person that would go "Well 90% of the world has no problem with poverty so the other 10% should get to getting unpoor"

You do realize how bad practice it is to have your news/updates listed off site? Even if you do consider those options, they are so scattered in how they announce stuff and its over-all a mess. They don't even mention those as methods to see whats going on and unless I missed it, there is absolutely nothing about what each patch does. 

The communication on this game is by far one of the worst I've seen. No in game messages (unless your lucky), no news being posted for all to see, no on site information for the users, no links to event help direct them to off site news that they might want to know. I'm sorry, be in denial all you want since you want to desperately love this game and think its the perfect game but its not perfect, nor is ANet handling things perfectly. Such a thing will never happen no matter how much you want to love a game.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by helthros

Totally agree.  The GW2 forums should be up 100% it's THE place people should and want to go to to voice their opinions. 

Pretty naff that's it not.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

I agree that they kinda dropped the ball on the launch.  There are people who don't use twitter and facebook.  It was never stated that in order to play gw2, you needed to have these avenues of communication.  That being said, when the server goes down for a few mins or when the trading post isn't working, I'm mad because I want to PLAY PLAY PLAY this great game.  So is Arenanet doing great on communication? No.  Is it forgivable given they put out a game that's fun to play? For some of us, yes!

Originally posted by Purutzil
    They've been consistently posting updates on Twitter and Facebook - you know, that thing the other 90% of the world uses, and you are trying to be #1 against? Yeah, that thing - yous hould try it sometime.

So your the type of person that would go "Well 90% of the world has no problem with poverty so the other 10% should get to getting unpoor"

You do realize how bad practice it is to have your news/updates listed off site? Even if you do consider those options, they are so scattered in how they announce stuff and its over-all a mess. They don't even mention those as methods to see whats going on and unless I missed it, there is absolutely nothing about what each patch does. 

The communication on this game is by far one of the worst I've seen. No in game messages (unless your lucky), no news being posted for all to see, no on site information for the users, no links to event help direct them to off site news that they might want to know. I'm sorry, be in denial all you want since you want to desperately love this game and think its the perfect game but its not perfect, nor is ANet handling things perfectly. Such a thing will never happen no matter how much you want to love a game.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    It's just a ploy for them to get you to use thier social media. I wouldnt expect them to have offical forums available for quite some time. Yes, it is retarded but the more likes the better right?
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by stayBlind
    Originally posted by MaraGossep

Do you know how to internet?

How did you find your way here?

www.google.com

Try Google guild wars 2 problem

about 31 700 000 hits.

How cool is that.

or error code 42 gives 200,000+ hits.

compared to one site.

but its players fault ? they dont know how to Google ?

Let's internet

Originally posted by smokedogg311
    It's just a ploy for them to get you to use thier social media. I wouldnt expect them to have offical forums available for quite some time. Yes, it is retarded but the more likes the better right?

Yea... likes get them so much money. Those greedy bastards.