Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I normally don't complain, but worst communication ever.

Comments

• EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Having a million plus people playing your game with no in-game support, no phone number to call, no forums, no live chat on your website is a big setback for a MMORPG.  Especially one as huge as GW2 is.  They should of known what was coming and been better prepared to handle the massive influx of players/support tickets.  There's no defense for it.  none.

Third-Party social networking sites as the main resource to communicate with your customers is not acceptable.

That said.  The game is awesome.  Love WvW.  IMHO - I accept that I'm on my own (at least for a few days) if I have a major issue, that's what you get with a no sub MMORPG.  

Youre just going to have to get over that, bud. It's the new norm. Why pay tons of money to set up a dedicated support center when you can do it all yourself and keep contact with facebook. That and it is quite acceptable and very intelligent on their part. Everyone has a facebook, but not everyone visits their homepage. Some people even have FB set as their browsers homepage. So it makes it easy for players to see updates on fixes and things in the works. It's much more work to update your own website with updates than it is to update a facebook page and more feasible. People check their FB more than they check anything else...and younger people live on FB.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Eberhardt

Having a million plus people playing your game with no in-game support, no phone number to call, no forums, no live chat on your website is a big setback for a MMORPG.  Especially one as huge as GW2 is.  They should of known what was coming and been better prepared to handle the massive influx of players/support tickets.  There's no defense for it.  none.

Third-Party social networking sites as the main resource to communicate with your customers is not acceptable.

That said.  The game is awesome.  Love WvW.  IMHO - I accept that I'm on my own (at least for a few days) if I have a major issue, that's what you get with a no sub MMORPG.  

Youre just going to have to get over that, bud. It's the new norm. Why pay tons of money to set up a dedicated support center when you can do it all yourself and keep contact with facebook. That and it is quite acceptable and very intelligent on their part. Everyone has a facebook, but not everyone visits their homepage. Some people even have FB set as their browsers homepage. So it makes it easy for players to see updates on fixes and things in the works. It's much more work to update your own website with updates than it is to update a facebook page and more feasible. People check their FB more than they check anything else...and younger people live on FB.

First, don't call me bud.  Second relying solely on Facebook and Twitter is irresponsible and stupid.  You have no control over it.  What if something happens and that site is down for a day, or two or a week?  Is ANet going to complain to Facebook when/if that happens?  Is it unlikely?  Yes, but putting your chief communication tools up to third party sites you have no control over is not intelligent.  Using Facebook in addition to other tools at your disposal is.

Facebook is a fad and it's starting to die out as we speak.  Look at its over inflated stock that people took a bath on when it went public.  There will always be a new Facebook, just like MySpace was the thing before.

And no it's not acceptable to require your customers to visit/subscribe to third party websites to find out up to date information on what's going with the game they just purchased.  It's the new norm?  No other AAA MMO company does this.  none.

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I also think it's completely unacceptable for such a hugely anticipated MMO to use third party networking sites as the primary way to communicate with their players, so much so that, along with the reports of widespread hacking and heavy handed suspensions being tossed around, it's enough to make me consider waiting to pick up the game until I read that their site is running efficiently and some of the kinks have been worked out. A dev/publisher that intends to maintain and support a AAA MMO needs to have a professional-looking official site with moderated forums, a server status page and regular communication with the players. Sure, ANet's Community Managers should use Facebook and Twitter to relay info to players and reach out to their community, but there's no way it can be their primary source if they want to stay among the top of the genre.   
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by darwa
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Twitter is their first line of communication.

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

Nope, though it may make it easier.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

OP: You mean best communication ever, right?

This is kinda ridiculous TBH. One is now expected to scoll through reems and reems of tweets to find an "Oh by the way" message from them?

Come on! I don't live on GW2's Twiiter page. I'm not going to see these.

Or you could have simply looked at the news section on your launcher. Anet communicates with the community frequently, they are actually one of the best. You can't blame them for your mistake lol. FB, Twitter, Reddit, News on launcher... do they need to phone you personally for it to be adequate?

• DalanoDalano Member Posts: 116

I love the game.

But if Blizzard or Bioware pulled this stuff (no easily locatable patch notes, forums conveniently down, email validation errors), they'd be getting excoriated.

Just sayin'.

Playing: FFXIV, EVE

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Dalano

I love the game.

But if Blizzard or Bioware pulled this stuff (no easily locatable patch notes, forums conveniently down, email validation errors), they'd be getting excoriated.

Just sayin'.

No way, the Blizzard fanbase are some of the most caring, easy going, lovable bunch of characters you've ever seen. They wouldn't mind in the slightest and would openly applaud Blizzard for "doing their darndest!" to make things better for them. <3 <3 <3....

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by bonzoso21
    I also think it's completely unacceptable for such a hugely anticipated MMO to use third party networking sites as the primary way to communicate with their players, so much so that, along with the reports of widespread hacking and heavy handed suspensions being tossed around, it's enough to make me consider waiting to pick up the game until I read that their site is running efficiently and some of the kinks have been worked out. A dev/publisher that intends to maintain and support a AAA MMO needs to have a professional-looking official site with moderated forums, a server status page and regular communication with the players. Sure, ANet's Community Managers should use Facebook and Twitter to relay info to players and reach out to their community, but there's no way it can be their primary source if they want to stay among the top of the genre.   

Totally agree. I don't use facebook any longer for various reasons, and if a game practically forced me to start using it again just to stay updated on launch issues and payching, I would stop supporting the game in question.

Overall, I find these "everyone use facebook" arguments disturbing. It's not 2007 anymore, time to wake up and smell the napalm. Facebook is NOT used by everyone anymore. As a matter of fact, it's becoming a thing of yesterday as more and more people realize how fucking worthless, controlling and greedy it really is.

It's simply not acceptable for an AAA title launching in 2012 to force its players to use facebook or any other third-party software for that matter. I mean, this is like the most anticipated launch in years, and they can't even afford an official forum? Shit like that just sends out the wrong signal, honestly.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Dalano

I love the game.

Just sayin'.

No way, the Blizzard fanbase are some of the most caring, easy going, lovable bunch of characters you've ever seen. They wouldn't mind in the slightest and would openly applaud Blizzard for "doing their darndest!" to make things better for them. <3 <3 <3....

I lol'ed.

ANet probably saw what the Blizzard forum looked like during Diablo 3 launch and that's probably the reason they're keeping their forum closed.

I'd use Facebook or Twitter if I were a teenage american girl, but I'm not, so I don't. Is a little professionalism too much to ask from video game companies now days? In the words of Jay Wilson, f@#$ these losers.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by darwa
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Twitter is their first line of communication.

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

Nope, though it may make it easier.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

OP: You mean best communication ever, right?

This is kinda ridiculous TBH. One is now expected to scoll through reems and reems of tweets to find an "Oh by the way" message from them?

Come on! I don't live on GW2's Twiiter page. I'm not going to see these.

Or you could have simply looked at the news section on your launcher. Anet communicates with the community frequently, they are actually one of the best. You can't blame them for your mistake lol. FB, Twitter, Reddit, News on launcher... do they need to phone you personally for it to be adequate?

Or they could be responsible and just post the updates on their own website like every other company does. Why on earth would (or should) I expect to go to FB or Twitter? Who would know that? I buy their game and go to their site for support. That's what is expected. Not this kind of nonsense. Why do I have to follow Reddit to find my official GW2 news? Did you really just tell me that? Really?

Your Hyperbole is unnecessary. And BTW, there is no notice in the launcher about taking down the inter-player mail system. So not only is your exaggeration unneccesary, it's not even correct.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Some of the devs are very active on http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2 and post updates there. While I do agree that they need to communicate better either through the launcher or through their own website, Reddit is probably the next best thing.

Also, if ANet posts something on Facebook or Twitter, the users on that subreddit will post it for all to see, so you never have to bother with that social media garbage.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Not eveyone has a Facebook account. A lot of people might, but not everyone. Specially those of us whos job is fixing issues caused by peoples Facebook accounts and other poorly secured social networking sites. You might not want to think about it, but there are a lot of us out there that know better...

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    Liars gonna lie.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    So let's recap. They've posted on FB and Twitter and because OP can't find it it's the worst communication ever even tho they are using both of the major and most used communication tools available to tell people what's happening. hmmm.
  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

This is a very amatuer thing for any AAA game to do. All this does is just makes it look like a way to install damage control to keep people from being discouraged from buying the game. People looking to buy the game will go to GW2 website and read about the game except there is nothing to read. They will not go to Facebook, Reddit or Twitter for their information. 

This is just damage control at its finest and sounds like a cash grab to me since its a game with no sub all they need to do is get as many people as they can to buy in and then why should they care. They already have your money. Hell you need to buy the damn game just to even read the forums anyway when they were there. 

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    So let's recap. They've posted on FB and Twitter and because OP can't find it it's the worst communication ever even tho they are using both of the major and most used communication tools available to tell people what's happening. hmmm.

It's true that these are major communication outlets. But it doesn't make it acceptable. Not everyone followed Arena Net from the beginning. There are people who are buying this game even as we speak, who have no prior experience with Arena Net. They have no way to know this is how they get their information. Using 3rd party tools to relay official information is being irresponsible IMO.

I didn't expect, nor should I expect  that I'd need to go to Reddit, FB or Twiiter. Having not known this before, why is it my responsibility to try and find out how and where ANet will release information if not on their own site?

• EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Originally posted by bonzoso21

Totally agree. I don't use facebook any longer for various reasons, and if a game practically forced me to start using it again just to stay updated on launch issues and payching, I would stop supporting the game in question.

Overall, I find these "everyone use facebook" arguments disturbing. It's not 2007 anymore, time to wake up and smell the napalm. Facebook is NOT used by everyone anymore. As a matter of fact, it's becoming a thing of yesterday as more and more people realize how fucking worthless, controlling and greedy it really is.

It's simply not acceptable for an AAA title launching in 2012 to force its players to use facebook or any other third-party software for that matter. I mean, this is like the most anticipated launch in years, and they can't even afford an official forum? Shit like that just sends out the wrong signal, honestly.

Pretty sure facebook is still quite huge. Everyone and their grandmother has a facebook. If it werent still huge would politicians have facebooks to communicate info to their followers? Would large corporations have facebook pages? Would game devs still make facebook and twitter pages to instantly deliver info to their player base? Hmm...everyone is using facebook there must be something to this facebook thing. Honestly, to ignore a medium for communication is to stay in the dark ages. Anet is just taking advantage of the resources available. you are not forced to make a facebook page to view their facebook page, seriously get a grip, man. They took down the forums to avoid bandwith issues with the game. Would you rather have an official forum and laggy gameplay or smooth gameplay with a hiccup here or there and still be in constant, instant contact with the devs via facebook/twitter. Honestly with their own homepage they have to do alot of extra work to make an update to it (add something to the news) granted its not moving mountains but more work is involved.

If you wanted to let THOUSANDS of people know about a problem you just discovered with a medication you released yesterday how would you do it? Through your official website, that not everyone visits, OR facebook that 90% of the population visits daily to keep in contact with friends and family. I'll pick........my official site and ensure mass casualties!

Of course major updates will be delivered via their homepage's news section, but small things like saying "we just finished fixing the bug on quest X" isnt worth the effort of posting it on the Homepage. So twitter it so players see it instantly. People seem to be missing the key term in all this..which is " INSTANT" . From the time it leaves 'O Brien's lips to the time intern number 34 types it on his keyboard theres about a what...1...2 second delay before you see it?

From the time O' Brien says update the homepage with A B and C and intern number 27 makes the page creates the stylesheet, adds a section to the XML ream and uploads it to the server theres what....45 minutes to maybe an hour and a half? Not very instant to me. By then players already know about the issue and are saying "Why isn't Anet working on this" or "Why are we in the dark about this issue's resolution"

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by itgrowls

It's true that these are major communication outlets. But it doesn't make it acceptable. Not everyone followed Arena Net from the beginning. There are people who are buying this game even as we speak, who have no prior experience with Arena Net. They have no way to know this is how they get their information. Using 3rd party tools to relay official information is being irresponsible IMO.

I didn't expect, nor should I expect  that I'd need to go to Reddit, FB or Twiiter. Having not known this before, why is it my responsibility to try and find out how and where ANet will release information if not on their own site?

I actually agree that all this info should be listed in real time on their own web site. Absolutely. A Twitter feed would do.

Buuuut... saying that... I personally don't cut myself off from all modern avenues of internet information delivery so i don't feel the pain some might.

I personally fully understand, as a gamer on the modern internet, that this is how it is done now. ANet are hardly the first... I have followed numerous launches that used these forms. I personally understand, from previous experience, that if I choose to not participate in these delivery streams then I am choosing to cut myself off from the information. There comes a point where I have to realise that cutting myself off from these sources is no reason to moan at someone else.

Adapt or spend your time whinging. Thats just the reality.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Shubawkss
    They've been consistently posting updates on Twitter and Facebook - you know, that thing the other 90% of the world uses, and you are trying to be #1 against? Yeah, that thing - yous hould try it sometime.

The other 90% who aren't gamers?

Face it Facebook is simply another take on AOL which was abandoned because we didn't need two internets. Don't worry, people will finally figure that one out.

This isn't GW1's launch, that's for sure.

To me the official web site is the place we should go to get official word. And no Facebook is not an official site for any serious product. That's just the way it is.

Pretty sure facebook is still quite huge. Everyone and their grandmother has a facebook. If it werent still huge would politicians have facebooks to communicate info to their followers? Would large corporations have facebook pages? Would game devs still make facebook and twitter pages to instantly deliver info to their player base? Hmm...everyone is using facebook there must be something to this facebook thing. Honestly, to ignore a medium for communication is to stay in the dark ages. Anet is just taking advantage of the resources available. you are not forced to make a facebook page to view their facebook page, seriously get a grip, man. They took down the forums to avoid bandwith issues with the game. Would you rather have an official forum and laggy gameplay or smooth gameplay with a hiccup here or there and still be in constant, instant contact with the devs via facebook/twitter. Honestly with their own homepage they have to do alot of extra work to make an update to it (add something to the news) granted its not moving mountains but more work is involved.

If you wanted to let THOUSANDS of people know about a problem you just discovered with a medication you released yesterday how would you do it? Through your official website, that not everyone visits, OR facebook that 90% of the population visits daily to keep in contact with friends and family. I'll pick........my official site and ensure mass casualties!

Of course major updates will be delivered via their homepage's news section, but small things like saying "we just finished fixing the bug on quest X" isnt worth the effort of posting it on the Homepage. So twitter it so players see it instantly. People seem to be missing the key term in all this..which is " INSTANT" . From the time it leaves 'O Brien's lips to the time intern number 34 types it on his keyboard theres about a what...1...2 second delay before you see it?

From the time O' Brien says update the homepage with A B and C and intern number 27 makes the page creates the stylesheet, adds a section to the XML ream and uploads it to the server theres what....45 minutes to maybe an hour and a half? Not very instant to me. By then players already know about the issue and are saying "Why isn't Anet working on this" or "Why are we in the dark about this issue's resolution"

Sorry, but throwing random percentages and estimates around doesn't make you right.

First of all, which population are you refering to? The world population? Please show the numbers indicating that 90% of humanity use facebook on a daily basis.

Or perhaps you are American, and really mean "citizens of the US" when you refer to "the population". If so, you may be right about the 90% (doubt it though) but that still doesn't support your stance - not everyone who bought GW2 live in the US.

Secondly, using phrases like "staying in the dark ages" when talking about individuals who don't use every available information channel on the net is very short-sighted. Perhaps some people don't enjoy having to sort through constant spam updates from multiple social media services just to get info on a game they paid for? Perhaps they prefer using the company's own site and forum once in a while, like they do with every other game they play?

It's so bizarre that you people defend this unprofessional conduct with some sort of "social media is the future, stop living in the past" arguments. Of course it's good that a developer uses every information outlet available - but not having a functional, informative site of your own with all information in one place and a moderated forum for community interaction is just bad.

It gives the signal that Anet either prefer that players don't discuss their product publicly, can't afford/are too cheap for a professional site, or can't manage to run the site/forums properly. Neither of which is a message they will profit from.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by Fendel84M Anet seems to be going out of their way to keep players in the dark. Still no official forums, they are constantly patching without any notes, trading post has been down for 5 days now without any word(at least not that i've seen).And now mail doesnt work either, so there is effectively no way to trade between players. I checked their Twitter but that just seems full of players looking for tech support(since there  are no forums) and the twitter response sending them to contact support. Facebook just seems to have pictures of cake and posts about launch parties. I really don't normally complain, but I just thought it was worth mentioned that i've played many MMOs at launch and never has one left their players so in the dark about major features being turned off.

They are keeping their player base update via twitter, facebook, and reddit... Just because you choose to not look at these as a means of communication doesn't mean others dont. Also, the patches are SERVER SIDE FIXES. Do you really want to see "fix stability issue 12894743257810"

Originally posted by Eberhardt Pretty sure facebook is still quite huge. Everyone and their grandmother has a facebook. If it werent still huge would politicians have facebooks to communicate info to their followers? Would large corporations have facebook pages? Would game devs still make facebook and twitter pages to instantly deliver info to their player base? Hmm...everyone is using facebook there must be something to this facebook thing. Honestly, to ignore a medium for communication is to stay in the dark ages. Anet is just taking advantage of the resources available. you are not forced to make a facebook page to view their facebook page, seriously get a grip, man. They took down the forums to avoid bandwith issues with the game. Would you rather have an official forum and laggy gameplay or smooth gameplay with a hiccup here or there and still be in constant, instant contact with the devs via facebook/twitter. Honestly with their own homepage they have to do alot of extra work to make an update to it (add something to the news) granted its not moving mountains but more work is involved. If you wanted to let THOUSANDS of people know about a problem you just discovered with a medication you released yesterday how would you do it? Through your official website, that not everyone visits, OR facebook that 90% of the population visits daily to keep in contact with friends and family. I'll pick........my official site and ensure mass casualties! Of course major updates will be delivered via their homepage's news section, but small things like saying "we just finished fixing the bug on quest X" isnt worth the effort of posting it on the Homepage. So twitter it so players see it instantly. People seem to be missing the key term in all this..which is " INSTANT" . From the time it leaves 'O Brien's lips to the time intern number 34 types it on his keyboard theres about a what...1...2 second delay before you see it? From the time O' Brien says update the homepage with A B and C and intern number 27 makes the page creates the stylesheet, adds a section to the XML ream and uploads it to the server theres what....45 minutes to maybe an hour and a half? Not very instant to me. By then players already know about the issue and are saying "Why isn't Anet working on this" or "Why are we in the dark about this issue's resolution"
    Sorry, but throwing random percentages and estimates around doesn't make you right. First of all, which population are you refering to? The world population? Please show the numbers indicating that 90% of humanity use facebook on a daily basis. Or perhaps you are American, and really mean "citizens of the US" when you refer to "the population". If so, you may be right about the 90% (doubt it though) but that still doesn't support your stance - not everyone who bought GW2 live in the US. Secondly, using phrases like "staying in the dark ages" when talking about individuals who don't use every available information channel on the net is very short-sighted. Perhaps some people don't enjoy having to sort through constant spam updates from multiple social media services just to get info on a game they paid for? Perhaps they prefer using the company's own site and forum once in a while, like they do with every other game they play? It's so bizarre that you people defend this unprofessional conduct with some sort of "social media is the future, stop living in the past" arguments. Of course it's good that a developer uses every information outlet available - but not having a functional, informative site of your own with all information in one place and a moderated forum for community interaction is just bad. It gives the signal that Anet either prefer that players don't discuss their product publicly, can't afford/are too cheap for a professional site, or can't manage to run the site/forums properly. Neither of which is a message they will profit from.

Or, as they said, they don't want the extra work load both on servers and staff to run the forums? Unlike other game companies, ANET hosts everything themselves to have complete control and keep upkeep cost down.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher

Or, as they said, they don't want the extra work load both on servers and staff to run the forums? Unlike other game companies, ANET hosts everything themselves to have complete control and keep upkeep cost down.

You make it sound as if this is a small indie company working with limited resources, when in reality we're talking about one of the biggest and most hyped up/anticipated AAA launches of all time.

Surely they could afford a working forum, claiming otherwise is either ignorant or insane.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by xpiher

You make it sound as if this is a small indie company working with limited resources, when in reality we're talking about one of the biggest and most hyped up/anticipated AAA launches of all time.

Surely they could afford a working forum, claiming otherwise is either ignorant or insane.

Theyre not actually a huge company, especially in comparison to Blizz, Bioware, etc. Theyve made one game, which was failry succesful, and have approx 250 employees (pretty damn small considering the work theyve done and the popularity GW2 has gotten). Blizzard has approx 7500-8000 employees, Bioware has about 1k to themselves, not to mention the massive staff & resources under EAs umbrella (SWTOR - most expensive MMO ever made by a lot).

250 is a really small number to be working with in undertaking such a big MMO releasing worldwide. Hell I work for a fairly small university with only a couple thousand students and we have twice the staff Anet does, thats our own internal staff, not counting professors.

Anyway as i posted in another thread, they werent even going to have official forums a couple months ago. They were going to let that aspect be run by the commmunity, just like with GW1, through sites like GWguru. After some debate and large demand for it they caved and said they will have official forums. So its still kind of a work in progress, and theyve got much bigger issues to worry about, like things in the actual game to fix, rather than focusing on forums. Forums and stuff will be up soon, but theyre hardly a top priority when they have been using other methods of communication throughout the entire development of the game.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Anet seems to be going out of their way to keep players in the dark. Still no official forums, they are constantly patching without any notes, trading post has been down for 5 days now without any word(at least not that i've seen).And now mail doesnt work either, so there is effectively no way to trade between players.

I checked their Twitter but that just seems full of players looking for tech support(since there  are no forums) and the twitter response sending them to contact support. Facebook just seems to have pictures of cake and posts about launch parties.

I really don't normally complain, but I just thought it was worth mentioned that i've played many MMOs at launch and never has one left their players so in the dark about major features being turned off.

I don't blame Anet at this point.  They gave us a good mmo.  I'm absolutely sure they are trying very hard to fix everything.  They gave us a lot of open bata time and stress test to ensure a good launch.  Sure things went bad but THEY BENT OVER BACK WORDS TO TRY !!!.

Forums would be negative bitching...........They already know everything wrong, they don't need anyone telling them stuff they already know. They also know what they are changing in patches, like every mmo they are not looking for players advice right now...........That will come later....Right now they are fixing stuff.

They don't need 500 topics of " where is the auction house ? "..............Untill then go to work, go to school, go out side and relax instead of sitting around in you under garments.  Maybe even take a shower !

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

ArenaNetTeam

This is the current status of the most important issues we're tracking with Guild Wars 2 live service.

Account security - We're seeing an uptick in reports of account theft and attempted account theft. We believe hackers are using databases of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and pre-existing trojan horses, to search for matching Guild Wars 2accounts which they attempt to compromise. To prevent this, we have temporarily disabled the "reset password" feature, and we're working to bring email authentication online. To protect yourself, please ensure that you use a unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you don't use for any other game, email account, forum or web account.

Email authentication - Email authentication is a feature that notifies you if someone tries to log into your account from a location you've never logged in from before. Thus, even if someone guesses your game password, he can't log in unless he also guesses your email account password. You can make email authentication even more secure by using an email provider that supports two-factor authentication, such as Google or Yahoo, and taking advantage of that. We're currently preparing email authentication and intend to deploy it in a phased rollout, starting on Thursday, August 30.

Parties, guilds, etc. - Parties, guilds, and other social features are periodically failing. This causes issues such as party members not appearing on the map, and party members not staying in the same overflow servers as they travel between maps. This happens particularly during times of peak usage. We're working to fix related problems and mitigate this issue with each subsequent update.

Worlds - Many worlds are filling up. We're keeping the number of worlds constrained so that worlds stay well populated even after the initial surge of high concurrency. However, we will add worlds as necessary. As of Wednesday, August 30, all German language worlds are full and all French language worlds are at high usage, so we're adding two new German language worlds and one new French language world.

Overflow worlds - During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while many characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow maps. If you want to play with a friend, but you’re not on the same overflow map, you can form a party together, then right-click on your friend's portrait in the party list and click "join". Note that this functionality is sometimes intermittently unavailable due to the "parties, guilds, etc." issues noted above.

Trading Post - We're working to bring the Trading Post back online. To help test, we've temporarily made it available to a random 15% of players, while we work to resolve remaining capacity constraints that will allow us to open it to everyone.

Edit: We have completed our live testing of the Trading Post for today and the Trading Post is now in maintenance for all players. Thank you everyone that participated; this test has helped us tremendously.

In-game mail - We detected a potential abuse of the in-game mail system and have temporarily disabled in-game mail to prevent any such abuse. We'll reenable it soon, hopefully in tonight's update.

Edit: The fact that in-game mail is disabled means that it's currently impossible for account hackers to loot stolen accounts, so we're going to leave it disabled for just a little while longer, while we work to ramp up email authentication.

Botting - We'll start substantial banning of bots on Wednesday, August 29. Since we're currently seeing widespread casual, unsophisticated botting, we will start with 72-hour bans for first offenses. In the coming days, as we address the casual botting problem, we plan to switch to our normal policy of permanently banning anyone who runs a bot.

Forums - Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit.

Next software updates - The next update of the game server and back-end server software will take place tonight at midnight Seattle time. The game may be unavailable for approximately 20-60 minutes while we perform the update. We expect this update to have fixes for email authentication and in-game mail. Our continued work on the Trading Post is not tied to game updates, so we will continue to test Trading Post updates throughout the day.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    If anything ArenaNet communication has been A+. Check Their facebook. Twitter. Reddit posts. They are all over communities informing people of what is going even if it just saying "we are working on it".