Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, at least is it better than SWTOR?

2»

Comments

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Originally posted by maji
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    GW2 is not F2P, it's actually more like Diablo 3. Which brings me to my next point, what do you consider a fail game? IMO Diablo 3 was the biggest fail I've played in the last 5 years easily. 

It still sold well and made Blizzard a lot of money.

Just because something sells well doesn't mean it's good. I'm pretty sure we can all agree the last 10 iterations of the Transformers are not particularly good movies, yet they still sell well, same with McDonalds, etc.

Diablo 3 sold so well due to a combination of massive hype, its predecessors and the fact that it was made by Blizzard. The sales numbers had very little to do with the actual game itself, which most people can agree was a complete fail when it launched.

First: good doesn't mean %^@! The same thing can be great for bilions of people and I may still consider it a total failure. The opinion of those bilions in meaningless for me. You can say something is popular, that it is financially succesful, that it recived favorable reviews, and all of this statements will be facts (either true or false), but saying something is good expresses nothing beside your private opinion

Second: I like McDonalds and you just made me hungry....

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Using the word "free" to make millions of dollars, genius.

Is GW2 better than SWTOR?  What game isn't? 

Does it live up to the "hype"?  No. 

It's fun(so was D3 the first week) but nothing ground-breaking, it's just another game that tried hard to pretty itself up for launch.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171
    I was able to spend 3 months in SWTOR... lets see how long GW2 lasts for me.  

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    It's only been a few days since the game went live.  Best to wait a few months before comparing GW2 success to any other game.  When SWTOR launched the majority of the posts on this forum was positive towards it.  It's only when people got to endgame and saw how weak it was for the negativity to start.