Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is GW2 the game of the decade?

124»

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'm not sure about game of the decade, but I'm 100% sure it's game of the week!!!
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Mephster
    Ok now some are just way out of control. Are you serious, game of the decade ? You'll be lucky if players can hold interest longer than 6 months.

Hey Mephster, which MMO are you playing that is more innovative and fun? Just want to know so we can all hop into whatever that unique game is. /sarcasm off

There Is Always Hope!

• agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64

The game shatters the "Holy Trinity", completely innovates the standard questing system, totally flips the standard class roles and expectancies, offers the first AAA triple faction world PvP system since 2001 (DAOC), floods the zone with exciting and chaotic dynamic events, brings out an innovative skill set system based on a rediculous amount of weapon combinations, and throws out fresh action oriented and skill based combat....

And haters still call it a same ol' same ol' standard theme park rehash...

While the game might not be for everyone (I'm sure a ton of the haters also hate PvP),  bashing it for being a standard theme park rehash is nothing but a sad and pathetic attempt at bringing the game down.

I, like many people, am having blast in an MMO for the first time in a looong time and I'm actually excited about the future of a game for the first time since playing WoW closed beta.

We'll have to wait and see how the end game WvWvW and tournament play stands the test of time, but in my opinion it's easily the best MMO released in this decade so far.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by agriffin85

The game shatters the "Holy Trinity", completely innovates the standard questing system, totally flips the standard class roles and expectancies, offers the first AAA triple faction world PvP system since 2001 (DAOC), floods the zone with exciting and chaotic dynamic events, brings out an innovative skill set system based on a rediculous amount of weapon combinations, and throws out fresh action oriented and skill based combat....

While the game might not be for everyone (I'm sure a ton of the haters also hate PvP),  bashing it for being a standard theme park rehash is nothing but a sad and pathetic attempt at bringing the game down.

I, like many people, am having blast in an MMO for the first time in a looong time and I'm actually excited about the future of a game for the first time since playing WoW closed beta.

We'll have to wait and see how the end game WvWvW and tournament play stands the test of time, but in my opinion it's easily the best MMO released in this decade so far.

I started messing around with it friday and was like Ok, I just wasted 60 bucks, but whatever I drink that a good night at the pub I dabbled with it some more last night and it grew on me some and it may in fact be an ok game, we'll have to see as we play and how end game, or the lack thereof, effects perception.

To say it shattered the trinity is a bit over dramatic. They created a game with 8 utility dps classes, they didn't add depth to the game or team work( I find it to be a single player game with other people running around as well, its like swtor that way) They merely took out mechanics and changed the way agro works a little bit. There is nothing shattering or revolutionary about it, I still feel lke I am very much playing a standard mmo, just one where I have to be a little less ambitious because there are no healers.

This game may be a success, but it is not the epic win I was reading it would be, its merely solid. Now, with that said solid is a lot better than anyone else has managed in quite some time.

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

Surely the game of the decade would at least have

-Face to face trading.

-A duel button.

-No loading screens between zones.

-Enough character slots so you can create one character of every class.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by agriffin85

When did GW2 get open world PvP?

Also Dynamic Events are old news, definitely not something I'd call innovative in 2012.

Skill system isn't as great when you consider you're LOCKED into a certain set of abilities based on the weapon you're using. I'd take a game that gives me the freedom to equip any 15 abilities/traits I want over GW2's weapon system any day. TSW was a step in the right direction, but it was poorly executed.

GW2 is only action oriented compared to more classic MMORPGs like WoW or LOTRO, it's not as action oriented as say, Tera. I laughed at the "skill based combat" comment because there's literally nothing that GW2's combat does that hasn't been done in MMOs before.