Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

The reason I believe theres still room for performance optimisation

shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 98Member Uncommon

Weather I play on high, or lowest settings there are still the same framerate dips. The game is overall smooth - on average - but they are definitly spots, frequent spots, where framerate dips do occur.

I am running on a 980x, 580 sli with 6GB Dom III ram and as stated wether I stick the settings on lowest or best apperance (which looks beautiful) the game performs the same. 

Performance improvements aren't essestial, its not game breaking as I said the game does run mostly smooth, I just feel there is room for some polish in the performance area if the developers choose to tackle it : ) 

Comments

• eAzydamaneAzydaman UmeaPosts: 218Member
    Originally posted by shenfrey
    Weather I play on high, or lowest settings there are still the same framerate dips. The game is overall smooth - on average - but they are definitly spots, frequent spots, where framerate dips do occur. I am running on a 980x, 580 sli with 6GB Dom III ram and as stated wether I stick the settings on lowest or best apperance (which looks beautiful) the game performs the same.  Performance improvements aren't essestial, its not game breaking as I said the game does run mostly smooth, I just feel there is room for some polish in the performance area if the developers choose to tackle it : ) 

I agree, i get the same framerate on low and medium settings. 

• grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member Uncommon
    You can tell there's room for improvement simply by GPU temps.  GW2 runs a lot hotter.
  • PigozzPigozz CPosts: 842Member
    I agreee, Im still fighting with 15-25 FPS with almost any setting I choose with a rig that should run the game smooth as a butter and Im really getting desperate :/

MMOs played chronologically:
    Runescape,Lineage II, WoW,Tabula Rasa, AoC,Eve Online,Guild Wars, Rift(beta only),SWTOR(beta only),Star Trek Online
    Most fun: Tabula Rasa

• tyfontyfon OSLOPosts: 240Member Uncommon
    Definitivly. The old DX9 gfx in this game should run at 100+ fps on my gtx 670. I'm currently running the 306 NVIDIA driver but I'm still running at 30-40 fps with severe dips when something happens. I find it very odd that they have not put more effort into the optimization.