Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Had The Worse Launch?

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    D3
    Because it shouldn't have need servers and what have you, they only exist to moneytize the players with the real money auction house
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The worst launch I experienced was wow (the eu launch), god knows how bad it was for the yanks months earlier
  • UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Creslin321

D3

But only because it never should have had any "Error 37" issues in the first place because it shouldn't have been online only.  Diablo has always been a single/multiplayer RPG, NOT an MMORPG.  So I was extremely critical of any online-only related issues it had.

GW2 on the other hand is a full blooded MMORPG and I almost expect some server issues at launch.

I haven't really had any problems. I got in THE MINUTE they opened the servers up 3hrs early Friday night. Yes, the store was down, but that doesn't REALLY affect 99% of the game play. I've had a grand total of ONE disconnect. The only real criticism I can make about the launch is the overflow situation, and even there, it wasn't  preventing me from playing so much as it was preventing me from playing with my friends. Everyone was popping in and out of story instances and getting put in different overflow servers. Again, though, I'm content to let that shake itself out.

As I was telling a grumbling friend, any frustration we're experiencing right now is adjusting to the gameplay. GW2 does a TON of things differently and those of us who've lived with the Skinner box for 10 years now are having to re-adjust.

• Showing my age here. But neither hold a candle to worse launch than Anarchy Online, followed by Vanguard, and I guess FFXIV should be honorably mentioned since they are completely rebuilding it. 
  • raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by everland

I pre-ordered. Started Today. Logged in the first minute it was avaliable for pre-orders. Was online for 14 hours, 0 disconnections, 0 lags, 0 problems, was running smooth with high-ish settings on my 3yo PC, only problems were in Sylvari land (more fog maybe, more complex models of plants, don't know).

I know people had problems for the first few hours of pre-purchase launch. But for me it was 10/10. Even with the problems from 25th, it would still be pretty ordinary launch. Calling it worst or comparing it to worst is something I don't understand.. why in the world?

Why in the world? Because for months people that have formed a negative opinion against GW2 are having to eat huge piles of crow, so they are grasping at the silliest things they can.  

Who are these people that have had a negative opinion of GW2?!?!?

I think most of the negativity surounding GW2 is directed at the holier than thou segment of the player base who bashed every other game that wasn't GW2 or wasn't catering to the people who looked forward to it and not the game itself.

further most of these posts aren't coming from the few people who formed a negative opinion of the game because they aren't playing the game so wouldn't waste time forming an opinion about a game they aren't interested in at this point.

These posts are coming form people who for one reason or another have not been able to fully utilize the time they thought they would get in a head start and as usual those who didn't have problems

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

/sarcasm on

right, because if someone doesn't like something there's clearly something "wrong".

/sarcasm off

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

D3 hands down. the terror of error 37 will never be matched by anything Anet does. 

Regarding other replies in this thread hating on GW2, your bias is showing in your history, that is of course not true for the many who have decided to make an alternate account from only a week ago to try to mask their history and the bias towards their other titles. Two titles keep showing up as being praised by the very same people posting and replying to these GW2 threads with hateful responses, SWTOR and TERA. Sorry your games didn't work out the way you planned but trying to spread nonsense about this title isn't going to bring them back. I hope you all have learned that by now. In the mean time I would suggest relaxing and playing something you would like to play and allowing the rest of us to enjoy what we enjoy. Thanks.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    How did GW2 not have a good launch?'  As launch will be in 19 minutes?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

This topic is embarassing. What a troll atempt to put these 2 game launches even in the same list. I was there of both launches, Diablo 3 was the worst launch ever whitnessed. Error 37 gave problems untill weeks after launch, there were plenty of occassions I couldn't play. On top of that the trading post didn't work for weeks or was down more than it was up. Same for the game where it would be down for a while evening and night during EU prime time. Oh god Diablo 3 was crap!

GW2 has a nice launch, the game is only out officially today by the way and the little problems there were in the first hour of early access were solved quickly enough. I was able to play without any lag once I logged in. Only grouping up was a bit difficult at start but that got fixed with the patch on sunday.

GW2 launch was better than AoC, WAR and many other MMO releases recently. It was almost as good as SW:ToR's one but SW:ToR played it too safe. They had way too many servers so when you played ToR you barely saw anybody.

At least it's gorgeous now in GW2 with people everywhere and I never had login issues after the big rush the first hours on the first day of launch.

All in all, I give GW2 launch a 8.5/10 based on personal experiences. If I wouldn't have had problems joining my friends in the same instance the first day then it would have been a 9 and if the Trading Post would have worked it would have been a 9.5.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the floodgates are fully open -- its 3am EST / midnite PST on 8/28

good luck ANET

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

D3 for sure, but the early start.. basically launch as thats when the most people started to play was not the best I have seen.

I was lucky and managed to pick up a cheap pre-order so only got in yesterday so missed most of the main issues.

I mean most of the day saturday in the EU none of my guild could get on, numerous other bugs as well.. Even when I got on yesterday there was still chat bugs with a massive delay and sometimes things i typed would not een work.. guild invites are still a bit broke I needed to change zones before it worked.. bugged quests so some races cant progress with their main story line and so on.. Trade post disabled, as people went nuts over that when TSW disabled the trade psot because of bugs i thought that needed to be brought up as well.

but from what i seen with D3 that was a lot worse and its not even an MMORPG.. for MMORPGs I think GW2 is the worse so far this year..

Either way MMORPGS will always launch with bugs so it didnt come as a suprise..

Now if we are ratnig the game.. so far I give it a 7/10.. Some of the most boring quests I have ever done.. Darkfalls kill a million goblins does beat it for being the worse but still there are a lot of quests in GW2 that are just repetitive crap.. Like go down in the cave and get me 30 barrels... and that was one of the less boring ones.. also dont get me started on the so called random world events.. they always happen in the same areas in the starter zones and the first zones after those.. i was pretty disappointed I do hope they are more random later in the game.. The only thing that stands out in GW2 from other themepark MMORPGs is the world PVP that I happen to enjoy quite a bit. Still most people will complain its just a zerg fest and yeah I guess it is and the only complaint i have is that when two zergs meet well basically if your close in on the action all your gonna see is lots of different colors from all the spells and nothing else.. Combat feels and plays like any other tabbed target game..

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

D3. I had issues launching the game. I had to research to learn that I had to delete contents of the Battle.net launcher to force it to reupdate itself, not to mention constantly ending the agent.exe process to properly open the game, something that I still have to do sometimes. Anyway, on a launch perspective it took me over 3 hours to get the game working.

Meanwhile, on GW2 I got to play the game 2 hours and 50 minutes before the actual start time (they announced it would start up to 3 hours before schedule, I didn't expect it to be that accurate, the 10 minutes delay was just me being lazy).