Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, What do You Want to Play in TESO?

2»

Comments

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

A bright red, flying, lactating EEE succubus.

Just like in Oblivion.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I'll play watch the forum explosion after launch.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Admittedly, information is sparse at the moment and pre-release information leaves me leery regarding the title. But what do you want to play in the game if you buy it and the mechanics allow for it?

Me? I think I might like to play an Aldmeri Spell Sword and role-play being a Dominion cop. Maybe even make a little guild called The Dominion Police. Kind of like the Skyrim Cops video series at YouTube (HERE.)

You?

Anything that is Melee Centric with Magic debuffing/dots/leech effects if possible.  My favorite type of class.  Only thing I am sad about TESO is there is its going a class based system which flys through the face of TES style games which predominantly use a classless bassed skill system.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Anything what has to do with magic. Still have to wait long time for this epic title. Thats the game i want now :)
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Admittedly, information is sparse at the moment and pre-release information leaves me leery regarding the title. But what do you want to play in the game if you buy it and the mechanics allow for it?

Me? I think I might like to play an Aldmeri Spell Sword and role-play being a Dominion cop. Maybe even make a little guild called The Dominion Police. Kind of like the Skyrim Cops video series at YouTube (HERE.)

You?

Anything that is Melee Centric with Magic debuffing/dots/leech effects if possible.  My favorite type of class.  Only thing I am sad about TESO is there is its going a class based system which flys through the face of TES style games which predominantly use a classless bassed skill system.

To be fair, TES games haven't been classless until Skyrim.  However, there has always been the option to create a custom class.  Classes were less of individualized professions and more of groupings of skills in various tiers of importance.  Your class never locked you out of doing anything.

That said, I am really not looking forward to such a rigid traditional class system, I've always used a custom class in TES games and I'd want to do the same here, balancing be damned.

Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

You?

To be fair, TES games haven't been classless until Skyrim.  However, there has always been the option to create a custom class.  Classes were less of individualized professions and more of groupings of skills in various tiers of importance.  Your class never locked you out of doing anything.

That said, I am really not looking forward to such a rigid traditional class system, I've always used a custom class in TES games and I'd want to do the same here, balancing be damned.

Marrowind and Oblivian were both skill based.  These plus Skyrim are the only TES games I played.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yes but with Morrowind and oblivion, you still picked a class or made your own custom "adventurer" class at the start. The skills you picked were important as it was they that levelled you.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Yes but with Morrowind and oblivion, you still picked a class or made your own custom "adventurer" class at the start. The skills you picked were important as it was they that levelled you.

Narp.

All skills leveled you, and all skills could level with you.

The difference the starting classes provided was which skills you would start off with progress in, and to a degree what you could progress more easily in.

EDIT: Should clarify that yes, major and minor skills are the only ones that progressed global level, but they were not the only things to define what stats and skills you would progress in with each level. Like if you had no specalization in melee but trained it a bunch before hitting a level, when you take the level your largest stat bonus would likely be to strength regardless of if it was one of your two selected stats.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

They actually put classes and are still calling this "Elder Scrolls", with a straight face?

...wow.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Healer, battlemage or sorcerer (based on Morrowind), ain't gonna happen; If my character is going to be stuck with a faction I ain't trying.I think the only faction that makes sense is the Aldmeri and that's pushing it.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I want to play what I feel like, when I feel like on the same character without having to log onto a alt. I want freedom. I want there to be a hundred skills or so and give me a finite amount of skill points but let me spread them around anyway I want. Kind of like Ultima Online's skill system.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Report and ignore the trolls.  Some of us are actually looking forward to this title and I absolutely am 100% onboard with the class design implementation due to the fact any class can wield any weapon.

I myself am most interested (barring they make the cut of course) in either a Battlemage with 2H'ed Sword, a melee Monk with a QuarterStaff (would love to resurrect my DAoC Friar), a Sorcerer with a 2H'ed melee weapon (or bow) or a Witch Hunter with dual wield Axes.

• MercArcherMercArcher Member Posts: 57

An Aldemeri mage focused on restoration who uses a bow.

What?