Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lifetime Membership reward @ Kickstarter!

NyhmNyhm Member Posts: 82

Island Forge: Create Islands with Stories for Others to Explore!
Free-to-Play with Membership and Upgrade options!

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

What can your game offer, that isnt available and supported already ?

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • NyhmNyhm Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi
    What can your game offer, that isnt available and supported already ?

Hi - thanks for your interest! Island Forge offers a lot of unique qualities. The whole style and features of the game are designed around player-created content, in a way that is different than the traditional (complicated) game building kits.

In Island Forge players can create their own content (islands with optional interactive stories) and publish it to the world for everyone to explore.

I encourage you to visit islandforge.com and see the Kickstarter project goals for more details! There is a lot of potential in Island Forge, and your support is greatly appreciated.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Thanks for the reply Nyhm.

Have you heard of Salem (http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/salem) for example ?

What I have seen from Island Forge is that it seems a more ellaborate "Map Editor" game. It feels a map editor for example Warcraft 3, which was added extra features, structures, etc etc...

You know what I am saying? Does that make sense to you?

Please dont take me wrong, I think its a cool idea to transform that into a "mmo" but so far the feeling I get it is thats too overcomplicated for a larger audience and that the same niche market you aim for, is now largely occupied already with similar products OR products which are quite not the same but offer the SIMS+CRAFTING+BUILDING experience in a simpler setting but with a higher number of players.

I wish you all the best with the project though. :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • NyhmNyhm Member Posts: 82

No, I had not yet seen Salem. Thanks for the pointer. Looks cute. Note the "Coming Soon" ... Island Forge is fully playable right now!

Island Forge is all about player-created content, and the Island Builder is its heart. Try it and you'll find that Island Forge is not at all a complicated game building toolkit. All the complicated stuff you'd find in a "dev kit" have already been done (by me). The Island Builder gives players intuitive controls to place hundreds of terrain and scenery tiles, lay out your town, and create actors (NPCs) with interactive dialogue.

It's all about player creativity and participation in a player-created world.

Regarding number of players - I entirely agree, and that's the focus of my Kickstarter project: Establishing a Creative Player Community. One trouble with breaking into the MMO scene is that many players think, "Even though I like Island Forge, I'll play this other game because it has more players." Island Forge is a brand-new game, so get involved with the community and together we can establish something unique!