Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the first MMO to introduce the best version of auto-level adjusting at launch?!

shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

Can't say iv played an MMO before (and i'v played alot) that features automatic level scailing from launch, and does it as good as this.

Really helps make the game more fun and less grindy in my opinion, as your not forced to stick to one or two zones : )

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by shenfrey
    Can't say iv played an MMO before (and i'v played alot) that features automatic level scailing from launch, and does it as good as this.Really helps make the game more fun and less grindy in my opinion, as your not forced to stick to one or two zones : )

Champions online does this, Just not automated.

regardless, would love to see a system that has both up and down scaling.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    City of heroes
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Nitth

Can't say iv played an MMO before (and i'v played alot) that features automatic level scailing from launch, and does it as good as this.

Really helps make the game more fun and less grindy in my opinion, as your not forced to stick to one or two zones : )

I was thinking about that right, if you scale up to whatever level range the zone is at, or down to whatever level range the zone is at, then why even have levels at all?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Dark Age of Camelot had an auto scaling system for instanced task dungeons, it was a bit rough though and adjusted difficulty to match levels instead of levels to match difficulty, but it's the same difference really.

SWTOR had bolstering for pvp which boosed lower level players to level 49.

I know some others have also used similar systems but i can't remember that far back.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Nitth

I was thinking about that right, if you scale up to whatever level range the zone is at, or down to whatever level range the zone is at, then why even have levels at all?

I've been wondering this very thing for a while. It's seems to be getting more common for MMOs to have some mechanic to circumvent levels to let players play with different leveled friends and to play content that isn't specific to their level. The more it goes on the more it seems the elephant in the room is levels themselves.