Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Now that you played it, how would you rate GW2 against your past/current games?

13»

Comments

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Easily Top 3 for me, with the "So Far" disclaimer attached.  I hope and want to feel this way in three months, but we'll see.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Below average. I still consoder DAOC, FFXI, EQ2, Rift, WoW, and planetside1,2(beta) better games as far as MMOs go.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'm enjoying it a lot more than most of the MMOs I have tried in the past four or five years, but the true test for me is around mid-level. That's where most MMOs seem to become just more of the same for me, so I won't really be able to gauge it until then.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Thus far, easily top 3 in terms of quality and overall fun. I haven't had this much just aimlessly wandering around since Asheron's Call, but there are also enough environmental queues to somewhat filter you to where events should be taking place.

I am really enjoying the personal story quests as well. Sure they might not be the best written things in the world, but the overall plot line is interesting enough to keep me interested. Learning more about the inner workings of the world around you is neat too.

I spent the past few hours this morning in WvW as well. I did have to sit in a queue for about an hour (I've read as long as 5 hour queues), so I am hoping ANet figures out a way to get queues moving faster. However, once in, it was a tremendous experience. I had to flee from a gank group when I was alone running to get to the main force in the zone (nice tactic too, trying to skim the numbers). I wound up running into a smallish group, and we around skirmishing with the enemy at a few smaller outposts. Those skirmishes escalated quickly into an all out battle, I'd say there was about 50-60 bodies between the two sides (seemed like they had us slightly outnumbered). Saw some nice baiting and flanking tactics. I know I found myself getting cut off from my allies (damned bloodlust) once or twice, but quickly got support to prevent my death. We were able to flank our enemy properly to break their line and really smash em as well.

I can honestly say that WvW is more fun than RvR was in DAoC in many ways (especially the lack of mass CC). The cooperative spirit in the PvE side of the game has so far stemmed into the WvW portion as well. I was able to find plenty of random strangers to link up with and roam the battlefield looking for a fight.

Good times.

• xx19kilosoldxx19kilosold Member Posts: 209

I give it a 7.5 out of 10. 

Cool game. Not a GREAT MMO  however.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

I find this poll funny.

Overwhelming support... yet the haters say people overwhelming don't like the game... anyone got a counter poll from a decent sized site?

Originally posted by Angier2758

I find this poll funny.

Overwhelming support... yet the haters say people overwhelming don't like the game... anyone got a counter poll from a decent sized site?

Hyperbole? I think so.

i dont see many saying that people "overwhelmingly" hate the game. I do see a lot of people who think its an average to above average MMO but is far from the world beater the hyp train has failed to deliver yet again.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by xx19kilosold

I find this poll funny.

Hyperbole? I think so.

i dont see many saying that people "overwhelmingly" hate the game. I do see a lot of people who think its an average to above average MMO but is far from the world beater the hyp train has failed to deliver yet again.

Hyperbole? I'm referring to this poll.

50%+ think its in the top 3 MMOs they've played.  Yet I see posters who say the game has failed horribly... lots of talking lets see some polls instead of everyone talking as if they know everyone else's opinion.

Originally posted by xx19kilosold

I find this poll funny.

Hyperbole? I think so.

Hyperbole? I'm referring to this poll.

50%+ think its in the top 3 MMOs they've played.  Yet I see posters who say the game has failed horribly... lots of talking lets see some polls instead of everyone talking as if they know everyone else's opinion.

In all fairness fanbois/haters both are always trying to dictate how people should think. It goes both ways.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    It's somewhere right in the middle for me.I have played just about every P2P MMO, skipped the comic book ones and Star Trek. I guess I will see later in the game how it sits with me, but it certainly isn't in my top 3 so far. My kids love it, it really does feel like Free Realms on steroids to a point(don't shoot me). I really hope it grows on me, looking for something to casually keep my attention for awhile, outside of the family and 10k's/5k's.....
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    It one of the best MMO's IMO, its very rare for myself to play a new MMO for the first time and feel comfortable and right at home GW2 hit the spot first time round =)
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Definitely in my top 3 along with WoW and ...... well, nothing else really.  Make that top 2.  I've been disappointed with just about every MMO out there.