Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First lvl 80

Comments

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Bad luck brian

Reaches level 80 first

Nobody to do events with.

Seems like his guild will now do the same to other members of the guild so no worries there. Plus, now he can go solo high level monsters to get ahead of the economy curve and the start grinding high level mats for loot, and work on epics. Before everyone else.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    how much content did you say he missed?

I don't know, but chances are this guy knew what he was doing from playing betas and such, so he probably already saw a lot of the content and just wanted to level. 

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Meh, what's the big deal we get this with every game released anymore. Maybe we need a new bar, say getting all 5 characters slots to 80 first.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Bad luck brian

Reaches level 80 first

Nobody to do events with.

Meh, luckily with level scaling of zones, it won't really matter and he'll always have people to play with. It just might suck doing content he already has done before over and over while waiting for others to catch up.

But then, he probably skipped a load of the content to begin with, so meh.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by someforumguy
    Kind of useless. You already scale up to max lvl in pvp, in PVE you always scale down to the area's lvl. And rushing like that to max lvl just means you didn't see most of the content yet.With the flat lvling curve it is also a kind of silly accomplishment. The lvling isn't supposed to be a grind in the game. The game is also far from over for this guy, because in that amount of time he probably stuck to the most efficient way of lvling (crafting resources provided by guildies who are actually playing the game) which means he didn't see much yet.Unless he is only interested in max lvl in all games and then moves on. I guess in that case this wasn't a game for him to begin with.It is like some rich dude buying a Ferrari to see how many chickens he can fit inside and then shout out to the world that he managed to put the most chickens in his Ferrari. He is very proud of that and the rest of the ppl go, ..what?!

what a whack analogy lol~!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    This is just utterly pathetic....
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    30 hours to beat the game is a good amount  for a single player game with pvp arenas like GW2 is.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    He would have done it faster, if the European servers were work...wait...?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by fascism
    30 hours to beat the game is a good amount  for a single player game with pvp arenas like GW2 is.

My guess is he "beat" the game didn't actually experience much of it at all.  Hopefully he goes back and plays otherwise kind of a waste of money.  

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

And this is how people die....playing games non stop....and for what?

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by FGTry

Today at 6:13PM GMT+1 Surfeuze from War Legend French guild EU server Vizuna Square reached the 80th level.
    GG

www.warlegend.net/level-80-surfeuze-guild-wars-2-vizunah-square/

screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lzz44.jpg

WoW..

SmH.. Guess it's on the next one for him..

Who waits years to get there hands on something of this quality just to burn through in a matter of hours. His achivement list must look like shit though.. Word..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    He would have done it faster, if the European servers were work...wait...?

See he probably didn't make the mistake of actually logging out of the game.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by avalon1000

Why do you do anything?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Am I one of the only people in the world that finds this kind of "achievement" to be the opposite of Impressive?

And somewhere in the catagory of Sad.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    Am I one of the only people in the world that finds this kind of "achievement" to be the opposite of Impressive?And somewhere in the catagory of Sad.

I find Olympic athletes trying to imitate a fish sad.

Point being. Some people hold somethings in high regard, Even if you dont.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If that was his goal, Grtz!!  That style of play isn't really for me.  Although it is a portent that the end game content complainers are around the corner.

I self identify as a monkey.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    This is probably a scheme to get the whole guild up to level 80 as quick as possible to then have more power going into WvWvW as each player hits 80 the others will hit 80 faster as they help each other out.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

LOL, shortest MMO ever, AND no endgame.

Now I know why it's F2P.

More content? Keep your credit card at hand. :D

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    I pity him..
  • pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Varking
    Different people play games for different reasons. Let the guy/gal have their fun without ragging on them. 

Anyone posting "achievements" is equally open to admiration or rebuke. There is no requirement for praise for anything anyone has done. If he/she truly just wanted to have his/her fun then it wouldn't have been posted. If posted by a third party, then "ragging on them" doesn't matter because "they" won't see it anyway.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by avalon1000

People have free will and can kill themselfs by playing video games non stop, if the choose so. No other living creature can do that. That's the beauty of life...

or at least a part of it...

Anyway, cheers to OP!

Still waiting for my 1 day headstart to start....  :(

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Calven
    I pity him..

It isn't hard to level in GW2. Even playing quite casually most will have 80s soon.

• MusicTechGeekMusicTechGeek Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This is real sad and stupid at the same time.  1). Who cares if you are the first one to level 80 in 2 days?.  2) it means you have no life outside of gaming. 3) You missed about 80% of the content of the game.  4)  The idea is to enjoy the game like life.  Take time to savor every moment and enjoy every bit of the game.  5). Now what do you do for the next several years of GW2, when you reach the end game....move on to another MMO?   
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol at wow mentality rush to endgame for phatlewt that doesn't exist.

Theres going to be epic whine from the pavlovs dog type players in a couple of weeks.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Grats

Anyone know how many levels can be gained by crafting? That's a lot of rocks, I'm guessing several of those levels came from crafting.

I've just turned level 16, been gathering, exploring, did a couple of jumping puzzles and just completed the charr starter area, enough of an achievement for me :)