Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First lvl 80

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Abor

What the hell is wrong with you people? The player wanted to reach level 80 as soon as possible and that's his perogative. What's with the negative attacks? That he must want some giant epeen or that he's a loser in real life? You sound like jealous dolts who insult others' successes to feel good about yourself. 

i think there problem maybe that the next comments that come when people do this is that they are bored,nothing to do,game is boring..when all said and done.your right its his choice.people said the same thing with rift,and other games..i myself do not understand the rush to max lvl..mine is lvl 2 atm and will stay that way til i can be bothered to play.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Originally posted by Zadawn how much content did you say he missed?
    I'd say 70% of the game.

Doesnt seem to be an issue. majority of the "infinite content" involves you going back to areas of the past..

edit; sleepy, sentence structure fail.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Nikkita

What the hell is wrong with you people? The player wanted to reach level 80 as soon as possible and that's his perogative. What's with the negative attacks? That he must want some giant epeen or that he's a loser in real life? You sound like jealous dolts who insult others' successes to feel good about yourself. 

I have no issues with this guy hitting 80 seriously..i always knew this would happen in 48 hrs but only on gaming forums someone would call this a 'success' and that people are jealous of his success.

And only on a gaming forum would someone say they don't care about other people caring, only to care themselves about the fact other people care. This is like a forum post whining about people whining on a forum, only the OP doesn't realize the hypocrisy of bitching about bitchers. 

:D

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    how much content did you say he missed?

Probably alot... but that doesn't mean he can't start another char and enjoy the game in a more relaxed way, does it?

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by waynejr2

So i wasn't wrong when i said someone will want to achieve world first with in first 48 hrs ;)

This ws bound to happen and yet i was repeatedly told it won't happen in GW2.

Are you looking to brag about your amazing ability to foresee the future?  Do you really have nothing going on with your life that this is what you brag about?

Brag? you call this bragging? you are a funny guy heheheheheh!!!

How can i brag about something so obvious which has been happening for years? GW2 is no exception.

Bite Me

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Sluske
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    how much content did you say he missed?

Probably alot... but that doesn't mean he can't start another char and enjoy the game in a more relaxed way, does it?

he may want to have about 2 days sleep first lol

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Hunger, revenge, to sleep are petty foes, but only death the jealous eyes can close...

(Wycherely)

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Grats on 80

But, What I wonder is if the guy was sitting on the toilet while he was playing  the whole time. I mean the guy wouldnt even have time to get up off the puter to take a dump.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by trash656

Grats on 80

But, What I wonder is if the guy was sitting on the toilet while he was playing  the whole time. I mean the guy wouldnt even have time to get up off the puter to take a dump.

Piss Jug.

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

You sound like jealous dolts who insult others' successes to feel good about yourself. 

Is level cap in little more than a day a "success?"

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

For all you know it could be two brothers paralyzed in a terrible car accident who dedicated themselves to reaching level 80 in the first two days to feel proud of something. 

Why speculate and just say "grats to you" and move on? I'm sure s/he might make an alt and have fun going through the game casually. 

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    If he can churn though content that fast I can only imagine what it is going to be like in a month. So much for alot of content this game supposedly had. I thought maybe a week the way people were talking but 2 days is insane.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Grats on 80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IUd5fJ67c

Solves mystery of taking dump.

Bite Me

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Didn't bcbully predict it would take 36 hours and someone was sort of challenging it?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• petespritonpetespriton Member Posts: 22
    Didn't anyone tell him that gw2 was a fail launch?  Lol.
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

So i wasn't wrong when i said someone will want to achieve world first with in first 48 hrs ;)

Even playing casually you should hit 80 withing two weeks. GW2 is a really easy game.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Didn't bcbully predict it would take 36 hours and someone was sort of challenging it?

Yes and that person is even flaunting it in his signature to mock Bcbully. But i think you already know who he is ;) Would be interesting to see what he gotto say now.

Bite Me

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Kind of useless. You already scale up to max lvl in pvp, in PVE you always scale down to the area's lvl. And rushing like that to max lvl just means you didn't see most of the content yet.

With the flat lvling curve it is also a kind of silly accomplishment. The lvling isn't supposed to be a grind in the game. The game is also far from over for this guy, because in that amount of time he probably stuck to the most efficient way of lvling (crafting resources provided by guildies who are actually playing the game) which means he didn't see much yet.

Unless he is only interested in max lvl in all games and then moves on. I guess in that case this wasn't a game for him to begin with.

It is like some rich dude buying a Ferrari to see how many chickens he can fit inside and then shout out to the world that he managed to put the most chickens in his Ferrari. He is very proud of that and the rest of the ppl go, ..what?!

• alilsneakyalilsneaky Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by kevjards
    guess the content locust will be moving on to his next game soon..got to say i dont understand anyone doing that..but each to their own..i suppose gratz is in order.

Content locus.

Amazing, the perfect description for this behavior.

I'm going to have to write that one down for all the people who behave like jonesing crack addicts at every new mmo launch.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    It isn't a silly acomplishment at all. If you play the game intensively you can beat it really fast.
  • petespritonpetespriton Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Illyssia

Even playing casually you should hit 80 withing two weeks. GW2 is a really easy game.

True fact, gw2 purposefully doesn't  make it take forever to get to cap, by design.  To be surprised that some can power level that some can get cap when devoting that much time and focus shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I mean other than the usual crowd of negative nancies that measure it with the standard mmo model.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Different people play games for different reasons. Let the guy/gal have their fun without ragging on them. 

I agree with you, but I think you are getting a tad overly emotional over it, and taking it to a personal level. No one here insulted the guy they just stated that he might be lonely or that he may not have a life outside the computer, which is perfectly reasonable considering I was one of those people 8 years ago. I did it in SWG, and in EQ. Most of us older MMO gamers like to take the time to experiance all parts of the game and take our time, and some others like to rush through things, but at the same time they are usually the ones to get bored with the game and leave first. And I think thats all people are saying here is that he missed a lot of the important parts of the game that make Guild Wars 2 such an enjoyable game.

Cheers,

-Trash

Grats on 80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IUd5fJ67c

Solves mystery of taking dump.

*falls off his chair laughing*

Yeah great episode lol

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Bad luck brian

Reaches level 80 first

Nobody to do events with.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?