Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is it that I want to explore in this game?

shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

I haven't felt like this in a while, last time I felt the joy of just exploring the world was years ago in WoW.  I can't quite put my finger on why I actually want to explore in this game though, does anyone feel like this and maybe shed some light on what it is that brings that 'feeling' back? 

Thanks guys

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I get the same feeling, just want to walk around all the time. Its awesome when you play an MMO were you actually see something far away and can go to it.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Same here. Keep in mind that Guild Wars (both 1 and 2) are build around exploration. Though with GW2 you can opt to use the binocular's of the scout at certain points, I opt not to do it and see what's ahead myself ;)
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

Sorry about OP not having this feeling since WoW - but better late than ever I guess, so good for you :)

The only games I don't want to explore are the ones I wouldn't play not even if someone paid me to.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by samvenice

Sorry about OP not having this feeling since WoW - but better late than ever I guess, so good for you :)

The only games I don't want to explore are the ones I wouldn't play not even if someone paid me to.

GW2 is a bit different because it actually rewards you for exploration so it reminds me more of early games like AC and M59.

In modern games you rarely get rewarded for finding some far off place while in GW2 there are plenty of stuff you will find for this. Too bad that they marked out the vistas on the map though.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    It's because GW2 is a themepark, there is lots of pretty scenary but you are going from ride to ride. Doing so you level and gear up in the PvE world very easily. Perhaps to easily as it isn't exactly a challenge. SO I think fun while it lasts, but once you have gotten through the leveling journey that would be that.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by samvenice

GW2 is a bit different because it actually rewards you for exploration

Pretty much this ^.

The reason why GW2 makes you want to explore is because it both provides a lot of interesting places to find in the world, but also rewards you in a multitude of ways for actually going out and discovering these places.

Some rewards are great for crafters, some are good for the loot whores, some are good for people who want a nice few, some are good for the lore buffs, some are good for people who like trying to get to hard to reach places.

Whether you are just looking for more ways of progression, or you are actually interested in the GW2 world and lore, there really isn't much reason NOT to explore in this game. It really is pretty refreshing.