Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its so nice to not feel like i'm competing for a change

shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

Wether its sharing nodes, killing people, doing quests you don't need to be in a party for, it really makes it much more enjoyable and relaxing.

Other mmos I feel like i need to be the first guy to that mine node, or I need to tag all these mobs so Im not here spending more time on this quest then I should be. 

ALL MMOS NEED THIS.

Thankyou 

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Why do people always say this?!?! You are competing, just not in the same sense. While you are gathering and loot sharing and doing all these things that you no longer have to compete for, the real competition starts when you try to tell people how much fun you're having and the haters are trying to tell you that you aren't. It's just shifted the competition out of the game and into the forums  is all.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    one girl remarkrd on guild chat a few min ago, "I feel like I am in a group, even when I am not in a group"

I miss DAoC

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

I totally agree OP.  This is the first mmorg in 8 years where I have not felt under pressure to keep up, and spent a couple hours just wandering about faffing here and there.  I also logged off for quiet a few hours, and I didnt feel panicky that i was falling behind the levelling curve.

So far so good.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

It's actually the reason I'm playing. They really do have mini quest hubs, and the "flightpaths" are really frequent. The crafting isn't that hard to figure out.

However, being the equivalent of grouped with the entire server is awesome. Everyone gets their own loot, own nodes, own xp (full xp for every mob you hit, plus xp for tossing heals, which everyone has:P). Yes, simply yes.

Love that I can bank from anywhere, or toss onto the trading post. The epic quest line does move you along a path, and the miniquest hubs do the same, so wouldn't really call it a sandbox. But this game ups the cooperative gameplay to the current pinnacle of MMOs.

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    one girl remarkrd on guild chat a few min ago, "I feel like I am in a group, even when I am not in a group"

That's what i was hoping for. Seems like A-net's managed to put the "massive" back in MMO (at least a bit).