Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I already got BANNED.

124»

Comments

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86
    Very harsh to ban for that,guess i better not try to be "funny" either.Very hot headed GM by the sounds of it,prolly some b.....  hmmm then again,i won't go there.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    I am glad you got banned i'm sick of these 4chan douchebags and their stupid fucking memes.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by clbembry
    I said something along the lines of:

"You know you're addicted to Guild Wars 2 when your father gets drunk and beats your mother."

Innappropriate? Yes. Deserving of a ban? Maybe. Does anyone know how long these bans last for?

What would possess you to say that?

As for time? They could probably permanently disable your account because they already have your money and you breached your service contract.

Im sure your ban will get removed at some point (hopefully).   If you went to a party in RL with a whole bunch of people that are all different ages and from different cultures you would never make this Joke, you are being offensive.  Some older mmorgs we wont mention of evolved into a culture where jokes like that are common place, and its not pleasant. Fresh start in GW2 hopefully, where it is a bit more mature and civil.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

I don't know, I think this is a weaksauce rule. This is why they have the ignore / block option along with the profanity filter or did I miss something? Unless they don't have those options available, then I understand, otherwise I'd have to say that most of you who are for banning him for an illogical joke are... paladins, along with the mod team over at GW2.

I've blocked enough players, including spammers, I REALLY don't see the ban reasoning. WHAT AM I MISSING?

Sounds like another Oprah / Dr. Phil moment. They must appeal to the most generally broad audience as possible.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    if you wouldn't say it in real life don't say it online, thats my motto. some people just can't back up what they say behind the safety of their PC.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Okay, this has basically become a bash the OP thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.