Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give GW 2 a deserving score

Comments

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by gameguy369

Here's the short list of problems with this thread:

- OP clearly has no idea what game he bought since he thinks its a generic theme park with a twist. Clearly WvW is just a twist, among several other things.

- OP goes into the first day of launch expecting it to be smooth. Must I remind you Blizzard just launched Diablo 3, and that first day was absolutely catastrophic? I played GW2 for 7 hours last night. Yes there were problems, but at least I could play.

- OP thinks that because he had a bad experience (due to really off-base expectations), that the rest of us should rate the game what it 'deserves'. At this point, it gets a 10/10 from me as being one of the smoothest launches I have seen.

Actually it's much simpler than that.

Yamota's been quiet for awhile but check his post history...

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

9.5/10 game

7/10 launch

But I do like how people are trying to get others to review the game based on the worst 2-3 hours of their experience...screams of desperation.

You know, it IS ok to like more than 1 game in a genre. Stop hoping for failure.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I would, but I don't consider metacritic at all a credible source for anything.

Bonus for the haters, I suppose.  I won't be canceling out your vote.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Metacritic score count ONLY if GW2 is highly scored.  And then only the higher of the two scores is the only valid one.  We'll see how it turns out then we'll see if it's valid or not.
  • BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Yamota
    For those of you who pre-purchased and cannot access the service. Go to the review (still hype) section, meta-critic etc and give it a deserving score based on your experience.

WTF? The game has been (barely) playable for a few hours at most... and this is an MMORPG, so why would you review it now? That's absurd. Wait at least a month. Hell, wait at least a week at minimum.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    It's unfair to score ANY MMO within the first month.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Yes it is and yet you, i and everyone else is going to rate it anyways ;)

Bite Me

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

The fact of the matter is, it isn't released yet. I have been able to play when I wanted and haven't been interuppted once yet, it's been really fun and lag free the whole time too. I guess some servers might have issues then while others don't?

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Can't score it yet.

It's not released yet.

Metacritic does not allow you to review games until they are released.

• ClintonDClintonD Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Agreed. I'd say you'd have to get a good percentage of the game completed to make a full review. Making a review of a game on the first day is waaaaay too much of a kneejerk reaction. I think MetaCritic's user-review system is incredibly flawed in that regard. It's not like a movie that last two-hours long, you can only get a full "feeling" of a game after playing for quite a bit of time. They should delay the opening of user-reviews for games after a set period of time, like a week or so.
  • DonotexistDonotexist Member Posts: 8
    Based on character creation (i chose 2 human origins, 1 Norn, 1 Sylvari, 1 Asura) and 2 hours of play BEFORE the game is even officially released:

9.99/10
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Donotexist
    Based on character creation (i chose 2 human origins, 1 Norn, 1 Sylvari, 1 Asura) and 2 hours of play BEFORE the game is even officially released: 9.99/10

Yeah the only game I've had this much fun with recently, and with only a few hours of play, was Saints Row the third.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Technically, since WoW was the best MMO I'd played before GW2, it is my personal second coming of MMOs.  Hate if you want, no other MMO released since WoW has been worth shit to me.

Well that sentiment I can relate to, because IMO any MMORPG worth a shit was released before WOW.  (though WOW back at launch was a good time)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Too early to score GW2 yet as I haven't experienced the whole game.  I'll review it in a month or two.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

metacritic reads 

2 days 11 hrs 28 mins 36 secs
    until game release

imagine that

Yes, that is why it is called a headstart. However, unlike you, I dont think it is OK to say headstart and not actually giving the headstart.

Well,ArenaNet sorted out the problem,it was a pain but not really a major issue.Don't get me wrong,if you paid for the head start then you really did have a right to complain.Now, it's all okay and runing like a gem,small problem that was sorted asap.

Not the smothest of head starts but sorted and all is fine.

Move on and enjoy.

I was lucky enough to get into the full beta having atteneded GamesCom three years running.Going on what i know ill give the game an 9/10,no game is perfect,even an 8.5 would be fare.

Very enjoyable game which can only get better.

I will play gw2 and vanguard which i have invested 5.5 years in,heck GW2 has no monthly sub so it really is not a problem.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

from what i've seen on streams and the beta it's probably a 6/10.

pretty generic ganeplay, nothing special. Dated stylized cartoon graphics. I wonder where the hype even came from.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Misaris

pretty generic ganeplay, nothing special. Dated stylized cartoon graphics. I wonder where the hype even came from.

Play it and find out?  Who gives a score to something based on streams...?

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

metacritic reads 

2 days 11 hrs 28 mins 36 secs
    until game release

imagine that

Yes, that is why it is called a headstart. However, unlike you, I dont think it is OK to say headstart and not actually giving the headstart.

what are you talking about? the game wasn't available for only 3-4 hours tops... I've spent more in SWTOR queue at early access... 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Never mind him, he is a hater.  Most of what he has posted on these forums has been anti-GW2 hate, and he admits he has never played the game.  I'm guessing his account was created to try to sandbag GW2.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

played two betas, saw some streams. Don't like the PvE. PvP might be fun though, but this is not enough for a solid foundation.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

6.5-7/10

It wasn't particularly gripping or fun, but I can see why people enjoy it.  Just not for me.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Mephster
    And desperation and paranoia has set in.... Afraid that reality will sink in and realize GW2 was not the second coming of Christ like many on this site proclaimed for many years.

GW 2 is a generic themepark with a twist, like all other recent released so all I am expecting is a few weeks of entertainment, a 7/10 at most. But since I cannot even use the service I will give it a 1/10.

I'm assuming that you also gave WoW a 1 out of 10 when it launched with so many server issues, loot lag and all kinds of other stuff.  I've actually been playing GW2 since noon with no problems.  I don't see what your issue is.  If anything, it's one of the smoothest launches I've ever been in.  Maybe you should log back in and give it another go and remember.....it's not even launch day yet.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Uhhh... It has an 8.81

Don't really think that's the direction in which you wanted it's score to change but oh well. But seriously, if people are disappointed they have themselves to blame. Some people should look up this thing called "the gamer matrix". Kinda shows what's happened to most people that are extremely disappointed with the game.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Most people are disappointed? How did you come up with that. This game has been an absolute blast. My only complaint is that their are too many people but I'm sure it will even out as people start spreading out in level.
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    The camera is still crap..but otherwise a solid game.