Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are so many complaining about "launch"

124»

Comments

• KetillKetill Member Posts: 19
    I've had no problems with launch except for the down trading post, which I can live without temporarily. I haven't tried to play for 24 hours straight, so maybe I missed server problems, but each time I've wanted to play I've been able to.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    I don't understand the idea of letting companies off the hook for bad launches. Shouldn't they have learned to correct the mistakes everybody else made by now? I mean, MMOs have been launching for like 15 years now. Isn't it about time that these companies start projecting server capacity correctly, and getting things right? This is especially true of NC Soft. GW2 isn't even their first ArenaNet game, their first Guild Wars game, or their first MMO. What, then, is their excuse?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• darklordacedarklordace Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Best way too play this game. Close general chat. It saddens me that todays gaming genere are nothing but a bunch of whiney self entitled little toss bags.  Game is pretty freaking slick but if you dont enjoy it. Keep it to yourself instead of ranting in general chat. I log in to the game yesterday too only see stuck up comments and "what i expect" comments. The internet has turned into nothing but a gateway for whiney little children who are to stupid to figure out certain things so they vent on forums and games. Grow up people.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by darklordace

Best way too play this game. Close general chat. It saddens me that todays gaming genere are nothing but a bunch of whiney self entitled little toss bags.  Game is pretty freaking slick but if you dont enjoy it. Keep it to yourself instead of ranting in general chat. I log in to the game yesterday too only see stuck up comments and "what i expect" comments. The internet has turned into nothing but a gateway for whiney little children who are to stupid to figure out certain things so they vent on forums and games. Grow up people.

Right on! How dare these people complain that the game they spent $60 on is %15, 25%, or 100% useless. Back in the day, we'd spend $100 on games, and none of them ever worked. Did we complain? No! We weren't entitled brats, like these kids of today! So you wasted a little cash? So what! You should be grateful that companies like NCSoft are providing their philanthropic sacrifices so that people like you and me don't have to dwell in the throes of depression! Let us all be grateful to NCSoft, the saviors of humanity! Who CARES if it works or not!?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by Istavaan

it's 60 bucks and no sub you really don't have anything to lose.

Nothing to lose... except 60 bucks for a game to collect dust on my HD.

• I only had a 4 hour period of login trouble beyond that I have been able to play.  Almost level 20 now.  As for headstart this is about average for me.  Most headstarts have significant login problems and usually lag.  I hven't too much lag, but there are login problem.  Soem wierdness with WvW servers and issues with trading post.  Its about par for the course.

It is frustrating for people who are having problems, and I would be pissed if I had them but its also pretty normal for a headstart.  Anyway give it at least 24 hours if you want to do anything other than vent frustration.  Actig like this has nevr happened before is silly.  Being annoyed its happening to you is perfectly reasonable.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by kartool
    Bad launch is a bad launch. Headstart isn't beta. It's a reward for pre-purchasing. End of story.

so because servers were down a couple hours its an automatic failure.. hmm makes sense to me.. i remember my first beer

oh also go to guild wars 2 mainsite.. look at the second tab on the front page.. whats it say?

I never said it was a failure. WoW had a bad launch, are we calling it a failure? Look you can try to say the game isn't launching until Tuesday, but the site clearly states pre-purchase to PLAY three days early, not beta test for three days before launch. 

So keep telling yourself it will be okay - it's not the real launch or whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better that GW2 just happened to get off to a rough start.

Edit: If it's not launch, why does it say on the launcher "To commemorate the launch of Guild Wars 2, we're making a special hat available to all players for free!...."? It seems even Anet are refering to this as launch.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by chopstix906
    The misconception I think most people have is that this is not a launch at all. It's a head start. The point of a head start is to have a smaller number of players to stress test the servers.

False. If you have evidence to the contrary provide it.

i would say the same to you

It is a launch. To say it isn't is just ridiculous. It is like a headstart in a race. Once you begin.... the race is on. Headstart implies that the game is fully working and I get to play ahead of time as a benefit of prepurchasing. I wouldn't complain as much if I had only preordered.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by chopstix906

I get that. It's sort of a gimmick to get people to buy the game early. What I'm saying is that this is probably the most traffic Anet has experienced thus far and have been overwhelmed by it. From what I've heard, they're doing everything in their power to have everything fixed asap. I respect the amount of hard work and dedication they've put into this game as a whole and am willing to forget about this sub par "launch". If we all expected MMO companies to be perfect then no one is ever going to be satisfied.

My problem with this argument, as it has been when every other game released and had similar problems, is that they know exactly how many people pre-purchased their game.  They stopped the full 3 day access pre-purchases a few days ago, so they have known how many potential log-ins they would have.  Thus, they deserve the criticism.