Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just want to say THANK YOU to ArenaNet!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Mephster
    Originally posted by Thillian
    Originally posted by eGumball
    People need to understand, that the game isn´t '' launching '' ... this is a '' head-start '' and is first of all made, to test the servers before launching it. You can´t even '' rate '' Guild Wars 2 launch, becasue it is not out yet and people who have wanted a head-start should have known, that these three days were made to try the servers and solve the issues, or they would have just make the launch 3 days earlier.

People undestand it well, it is you who need to understand that pre-launch is still a launch.

according to? it's A launch but not THE launch.. game launches the 28th

This isn't beta. The production servers are live. What is so hard to understand ?

game release date is aug 28th what do you not understand?  pre-access has has always been a bonus for people who paid early nothing more.

Yes a bonus which we dont get. That is called false advertising because the pre-PURCHASE was sold on the premise of head start, which is not happening for lots and lots of people.

where in writing does it say guarnteed 24/7 3 days of play before RELEASE.. no MMO guarntees that even after launch.. please

What are you dense? It says clearly on their web page that you get a 3 days head start. Not 1 or 2.5 but THREE. If the game does not allow you to log in then what kind of headstart is it? Headstart for them to get their hands on our money, that's what.

wow you people are some of them ost delisional people i have ever seen.. so I suppose you bitch and maon everytime  your favorite MMO goes down for patch time as well? I mean hell you are paying for that game it should be UP 24/7 right?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    People need to understand, that the game isn´t '' launching '' ... this is a '' head-start '' and is first of all made, to test the servers before launching it. You can´t even '' rate '' Guild Wars 2 launch, becasue it is not out yet and people who have wanted a head-start should have known, that these three days were made to try the servers and solve the issues, or they would have just make the launch 3 days earlier.

That was the BW and the stress test, ¨head start¨ is the official launch, because most of the people who will play this game, have a pre-purchase or a pre-order copy. I didnt have any problem to play the game, but the bugs are still there: Lag, Broken Mail, Broken guild chat, Ability delay etc etc and etc. And im not even talking about the ¨Full server¨ problem, half of my guild and friends are playing in another server.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

People undestand it well, it is you who need to understand that pre-launch is still a launch.

This isn't beta. The production servers are live. What is so hard to understand ?

game release date is aug 28th what do you not understand?  pre-access has has always been a bonus for people who paid early nothing more.

Yes a bonus which we dont get. That is called false advertising because the pre-PURCHASE was sold on the premise of head start, which is not happening for lots and lots of people.

where in writing does it say guarnteed 24/7 3 days of play before RELEASE.. no MMO guarntees that even after launch.. please

What are you dense? It says clearly on their web page that you get a 3 days head start. Not 1 or 2.5 but THREE. If the game does not allow you to log in then what kind of headstart is it? Headstart for them to get their hands on our money, that's what.

Please uninstall the game and quit playing then.  haaha  Talk about FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.  Go visit your local homeless shelter and get some perspective.

He's paid for a product that provides a sevice which he is unable to access when it was specifically stated when that service would start and he's not happy. Perfectly valid reason to me but by all means keep those fingers in your ears humming a Jeremy Soule tune.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

So what you are saying is that if the Hurricane Issac hits, and it ruins my internet connection then its also ANet's fault for not controlling the Weather. ......?? 

I know that analogy is kinda extreme. 

But still, if you are so worry about the Three day head start, please ask for a refund.

As a player that was able to log in, played for a couple hours, this game is better than it is in BWE in my opinion only.

Therefore its worth the money that I spent to purchase it. 

If its not and its all because you didn't get to utilize the full 72 hours without sleep then I said please go and get your refund. For many, we understand fully that if Anet need to take the server down to ensure that we get to play better and smoother, we as gamers wants ANet to take the server down. 

If Anet need to restart all servers for 10 hours just to ensure we get to play without issues, then In my opinion I will want them to do it. 

Please ANet do everything in your power , do what ever you need to do to ensure that when I get home I can log in and play, then please do it. Take the server down, make a new game if you have to. Just do it, because for that few hours that I have played, it was very fun. 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

wow you people are some of them ost delisional people i have ever seen.. so I suppose you bitch and maon everytime  your favorite MMO goes down for patch time as well? I mean hell you are paying for that game it should be UP 24/7 right?

No, you are delusional.

Companies want you to pre-order, it helps them to make sales estimations and get money up front. So they wrapped up benefits if you pre-order, such as pre-launch or headstart. It in no sense serves to TEST the servers, according to recent sales numbers, majority of sales come from pre-order programs, so in other words, this is the MAIN launch of the game.

REALITY CHECK

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Beside the point. They are advertising that you can PLAY three days before the launch, allowing you to get a leg up in an allegedly competetive PvP game. This is not happening and if they cannot guarentee that, because they cannot provide a service then they should not advertise as such.

And this is not a scheduled maintenance or whatever, this is Arena Net not being able to provide the service for their advertised head start. I have not been able to log in for the entire day and I am not getting any info about what is wrong and what the ETA is. Meanwhile they are sitting on my money without providing me jack shit for it.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Please uninstall the game and quit playing then.  haaha  Talk about FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.  Go visit your local homeless shelter and get some perspective.

Could say the same thing about you fanboys. All up in arms, defending a video game producer. You guys need to get some perspective, Arena Net does not give a crap about you so why are you so eager to defend them?

What we are defending is COMMON DECENCY and MATURITY.  We understand the issues are frustrating, but give me a break.  It's hard not to make fun of you guys when you are nerd raging over a video game.  I mean, go look in the mirror and really consider what it is you are raging about.  I'm not the least bit angry, I would just like to see some of you grow up.

Calling me a "fanboy" is hilarious too, considering I have been one of the most skeptical posters about this game.  I'm not even usually  a themepark fan at all. (see my sig).  At any rate, your name calling and nerd rage are the real issue here.  If you are comfortable with acting that way, then go for it.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Beside the point. They are advertising that you can PLAY three days before the launch, allowing you to get a leg up in an allegedly competetive PvP game. This is not happening and if they cannot guarentee that, because they cannot provide a service then they should not advertise as such.

And this is not a scheduled maintenance or whatever, this is Arena Net not being able to provide the service for their advertised head start. I have not been able to log in for the entire day and I am not getting any info about what is wrong and what the ETA is. Meanwhile the are sitting on my money without providing me jack shit for it.

have you tried going on twitter or facebook and talking to them they have been responding to people all day about issues

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Could say the same thing about you fanboys. All up in arms, defending a video game producer. You guys need to get some perspective, Arena Net does not give a crap about you so why are you so eager to defend them?

What we are defending is COMMON DECENCY and MATURITY.  We understand the issues are frustrating, but give me a break.  It's hard not to make fun of you guys when you are nerd raging over a video game.  I mean, go look in the mirror and really consider what it is you are raging about.  I'm not the least bit angry, I would just like to see some of you grow up.

Calling me a "fanboy" is hilarious too, considering I have been one of the most skeptical posters about this game.  I'm not even usually  a themepark fan at all. (see my sig).  At any rate, your name calling and nerd rage are the real issue here.  If you are comfortable with acting that way, then go for it.

yea seriously you can see mindtriggers post history he is far and away anything i would consider a fanboy of the game..

Yes, common decency and maturity to give your money and say anything when you dont get anything in return. I dont give a crap about this video game, I will probably play it for a few weeks and then uninstall it like all other generic ThemeParks but what I am pissed about is them stealing my money and false advertising and then having to take shit from you company stooges who are defending taking someone's money and not providing a service.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by eGumball People need to understand, that the game isn´t '' launching '' ... this is a '' head-start '' and is first of all made, to test the servers before launching it. You can´t even '' rate '' Guild Wars 2 launch, becasue it is not out yet and people who have wanted a head-start should have known, that these three days were made to try the servers and solve the issues, or they would have just make the launch 3 days earlier.

Your reaching now.

Usually, You come out with some solid comments and claims.

It was advertised that people that preorder or puchcased were entitled to 3 days head start.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Pre launch is a benefit for those who pre-ordered (majority of players), it does not serve to TEST the servers. 

Exactly but they do no understand that because they have no experience in the IT field. Let them talk they just sound foolish, it is quite amusing in all honesty.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Thanking them for a horrific launch, talk about being in denial. You may not have had issues but thousands of many others are. 

You are in denial too. Most people like the game. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by eGumball People need to understand, that the game isn´t '' launching '' ... this is a '' head-start '' and is first of all made, to test the servers before launching it. You can´t even '' rate '' Guild Wars 2 launch, becasue it is not out yet and people who have wanted a head-start should have known, that these three days were made to try the servers and solve the issues, or they would have just make the launch 3 days earlier.

Your reaching now.

how is that? he is bitching to not get 24/7 access to a PRE-RELEASE bonus ..  there is no contract.. no set in stone 100% uptime.. no MMO ever guarntees that even the ones you are paying $15 a month for..  all companies do their best to keep their games up you have issues follow them wherever they are listening to people which right now is twitter and facebook and see whats going on.. what good does raging on these forums do?

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Your reaching now.

Usually, You come out with some solid comments and claims.

It was advertised that people that preorder or puchcased were entitled to 3 days head start.

The headstart is there, but it's true, there's no guarantee that the servers will be up 100% of the time during the headstart. It was never guaranteed. It's not "reaching", it's fact. 

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by Yamota Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by Mephster Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by Thillian Originally posted by eGumball People need to understand, that the game isn´t '' launching '' ... this is a '' head-start '' and is first of all made, to test the servers before launching it. You can´t even '' rate '' Guild Wars 2 launch, becasue it is not out yet and people who have wanted a head-start should have known, that these three days were made to try the servers and solve the issues, or they would have just make the launch 3 days earlier.
      Your reaching now.
    how is that? he is bitching to not get 24/7 access to a PRE-RELEASE bonus ..  there is no contract.. no set in stone 100% uptime.. no MMO ever guarntees that even the ones you are paying $15 a month for..  all companies do their best to keep their games up you have issues follow them wherever they are listening to people which right now is twitter and facebook and see whats going on.. what good does raging on these forums do?

I edited my post with more detail.

I understand that launches can be rough, But that's what they advertised. There are still customers of a substantial size who cannot log in and have issues.

I guess my main gripe here is they used the promise of 3 days head start as a vehicle to sell pre orders. imo, they should give a small compensation to the people that were effected.

As a general question: if these issues were happening for the entire 3 day duration, would you agree some compensation is in order? At what point do you believe is the tipping scale?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

I understand that launches can be rough, But that's what they advertised. There are still customers of a substantial size who cannot log in and have issues.

I guess my main gripe here is they used the promise of 3 days head start as a vehicle to sell pre orders. imo, they should give a small compensation to the people that were effected.

As a general question: if these issues were happening for the entire 3 day duration, would you agree some compensation is in order? At what point do you believe is the tipping scale?

and who says they wont? all this bitching to me seems way pre-mature.. yes it's frustrating but game is up and if yuo are having issues go ask the dev's whats up.. again crying here does nothing but start more bitch fests

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

and who says they wont? all this bitching to me seems way pre-mature

Very pre-mature. Seems quite fishy to me.

I edited my post with more detail. I understand that launches can be rough, But that's what they advertised. There are still customers of a substantial size who cannot log in and have issues. I guess my main gripe here is they used the promise of 3 days head start as a vehicle to sell pre orders. imo, they should give a small compensation to the people that were effected. As a general question: if these issues were happening for the entire 3 day duration, would you agree some compensation is in order? At what point do you believe is the tipping scale?
    and who says they wont? all this bitching to me seems way pre-mature.. yes it's frustrating but game is up and if yuo are having issues go ask the dev's whats up.. again crying here does nothing but start more bitch fests

Thats not core to the issue here weather they will or wont.(just mo of what they should do)

I'm trying to establish here, is arena living up to "honest money for an honest service"
    I think some customers have a right to be upset.

Also, the official forums are down by my understanding, Why cant they vent there frustrations here?

Originally posted by Aviggin

look at all the people bitching.. ones who really don't care much for the game at all or ones angry certain people have been trolling their MMOs forums for the last several months and looking for retalliation... sad i know..  (not saying those people trolling the other forums were right in anyway)

Originally posted by Aviggin

I edited my post with more detail. I understand that launches can be rough, But that's what they advertised. There are still customers of a substantial size who cannot log in and have issues. I guess my main gripe here is they used the promise of 3 days head start as a vehicle to sell pre orders. imo, they should give a small compensation to the people that were effected. As a general question: if these issues were happening for the entire 3 day duration, would you agree some compensation is in order? At what point do you believe is the tipping scale?

That's why i also included when do you believe the scale tips, and when they should offer one?

Thats not core to the issue here weather they will or wont.(just mo of what they should do)

I'm trying to establish here, is arena living up to "honest money for an honest service"

Also, the official forums are down by my understanding, Why cant they vent there frustrations here?

Give it up, reason dont work on fanboys. They are way to emotionally invested into the game/company to understand common sense.

lol id go rewatch taugrims video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSuiK2QnQlg&feature=g-all-u

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Good launch in the US bad launch so far in europe.
  • ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106
    From Europe: login issues most of the day, servers 3 hours down, not being able to group. I'm not happy yet, those are issues we have seen before in beta. I also find it strange that I had to download a betadriver from nvidia to not crash all the time. And a few other complaints: why no forums yet and why no server status page?

Give it up, reason dont work on fanboys. They are way to emotionally invested into the game/company to understand common sense.

lol id go rewatch taugrims video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSuiK2QnQlg&feature=g-all-u

Thanks for making my point as that is an excellent video about fanboys blaming gamers for what the game companies should be responsible for. Kind of like you guys are blaming us gamers for being upset for not being able to play a game for which we paid for.

This discussion has been closed.