Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the worst MMO launch of 2012?

Comments

• ViSioN_BCNViSioN_BCN Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Jjix
    Originally posted by ViSioN_BCN
    Like all the game launches. Dont know why 2 years betatesting with free betatesters and thousand of them for what ? for that ?. Well is a new business dimension on how to thief  a customer wallet, no laws on internet and only their rules, impressive.

Please just uninstall the game . . .

Im completly sure you have same or worst issues with online games same as I have and in real life for sure so...to foolish words, deaf ears ;)

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    What a load of crap, my friends and I all played for 5 straight hours last night with few problems... and as people have said already, this isn't the LAUNCH.

Good for you? doesn't mean it is laod of crap though because EU players especially have been hit hard and before serveres went offline a large number of people were unable to log in and one of our guild member who managed to log in crashed due to horrible lag.

Just look at the amount of posts on Facebook where Anet acknowledged the issue and then tell us if it is indeed load of crap.

Bite Me

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper

They advertised the headstart as a bonus for prepurchasing the game, so i feel this does mean it is a really bad launch. I bet i was not the only one who put time aside to play it and could not.

Since i enjoy SWTOR and feel i can play both, it amuses me how the GW2 fanboys would come to the SWTOR forums and talk about how bad that game was at launch. 

To all the people saying this is not launch well lets see what happens when even more people start to want to play.......

Like my previous post. SWTOR wasnt knocked so much for being bad int he technical aspect (as in having extended server issues, etc), but for simply being a bad/rehashed GAME. SWTOR was a bad game at launch, and is still a bad game. Runs smoothly sure, but its still the same old regurgitated crap.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Let's all cut the nonsense.

ANET sold this. It was what they offered. This happened in Beta. Everyone said "But it's Beta" giving ANET a free pass. Now it's happening in "Head Start" and yet again, I have to hear "But it's not a failed Launch" I don't care how you label it. ANET sold access their game for these events and did not deliver.

In fact, Head Start is ONLY 3 days and now one of them is compromised. After Launch, you can just be patient because then it's Launch, the up and down time happens, But that's not why people gave money to ANET before the release. THIS is why people gave money to ANET prior to release. These 3 days.

Personally, I'm not raging about no access, I can be patient. Eventually, the game will sort itself out, But really, It kinda bothers me that just because deep down inside, some people really really want to have this game succeed, they blind themselves to simple truths.

And this one is that ANET took money for something they FAILED to deliver.

That is still FAIL!

After years of experiencing mmo launches from WoW to TWS I have to agree with you GG. ANET did fail to deliver on something they sold to their most loyal supporters. For anyone to say otherwise is not being honest with themselves. If it were 2004 it would be a different story as no one back then knew about the storm heading Blizzard's way. Who can honestly anticipate hundreds of thousands of players attempting to log into your game when you've only prepared for a few thousand based on numbers that were currently at play back then.

ANET on the other hand had plenty of time to prepare for this headstart launch. And if this is the type of experience regular joes have to look forward to in 3 days then ANET will have huge backlash before they even get there. First impressions go a long way to help bolster an official launch. But now that this has happen, there could be real problems getting more people to try GW2 in the first place. First adaptors are not the only ones experiencing these issues. The media will be reporting these them as well and when the masses start reading the various blogs, articles and reports from their respective sources, you can bet people with take the wait and see approach. How it will play out we won't know until the 28th.

I can't help feeling that ANET understands that GW2's headstart launch would be the earthquake and official launch will be the aftershock. Either way I'll be playing and enjoying the game for what it's worth. I'm a mmorpg geek first before anything else.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by kitarad
    May be GW 2 fans should have bitten their tongue more. Cause this is payback. Never boast about the game you like too much and put down others and often obnoxiously it comes back and bites you in the toosh. I am still waiting to get in says connection error. Will have to vote a yes  for this question.

You seem to be confusing bad games vs technical issues.

Most people put down other games for being bad in various ways. Not "OMG that game had X hours of server downtime on launch". GW2 is still a better game than most of whats been coming out for years. Technical issues can be fixed. Horrible game design cant be, without completely reinventing the game into something else.

your really stretching it there

• JjixJjix Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Game is up!
  • ant211ant211 Member Posts: 54

going back to the original question >> yes, this is a launch and it is a shitty launch at that. worst of the year, correct

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I am in the game
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

It LIVES!

Actually scrub that, back at launch panel, it pathced a little...that was nice

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• UlafUlaf Member UncommonPosts: 33

I love people, not really,  I do love launch days of any new game thank you all making smile while at work.

No I dont care about the game I hope all that play it have fun those that dont move on but man launch days bring us all out.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Love how the fanboys cant accept the facts and they have the excuse of ¨it happen in all the MMO releases¨ NO IT DOESNT, i do remember SWTOR headstart, TSW or even TERA, all of them 2012 MMOs. GW2 atm is just so full of bugs and problems that i cant believe they have being doing stress test and BW all these time for this. And it wasnt a primetime release, it was in the middle of the night.  
  • BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    Originally posted by Boldyn

It's called life, get one.

What is this life you speak of? What level is it available? Do I have to raid for it?

There is no raid, it's all endgame baby! ;)

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    It's back up.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper

They advertised the headstart as a bonus for prepurchasing the game, so i feel this does mean it is a really bad launch. I bet i was not the only one who put time aside to play it and could not.

Since i enjoy SWTOR and feel i can play both, it amuses me how the GW2 fanboys would come to the SWTOR forums and talk about how bad that game was at launch. 

To all the people saying this is not launch well lets see what happens when even more people start to want to play.......

Like my previous post. SWTOR wasnt knocked so much for being bad int he technical aspect (as in having extended server issues, etc), but for simply being a bad/rehashed GAME. SWTOR was a bad game at launch, and is still a bad game. Runs smoothly sure, but its still the same old regurgitated crap.

Yeah sure but if you really think about it , so is GW2 rehashed peice of crap, just using your words, because what do we really have here? Similar combat system to WoW WvWvWvW that was already done in DAoC , Warhammer hell even Shadowbane for the people like myself who played that one LOl,same old same old quest system , events that rift had and started and getting better. The ONLY Thing i noticed thats different with GW2in terms of difficulty is that you can pick up objects off the ground and throw them/use them ect , even the animation of cutting down tree's has been done in Vangaurd saga of heroes , I know I played every mmorpg to date, and beta tested 90%. So try to refrain from comments like the highlighted section please, makes your case moot.

P.S and yes I like GW2

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    there you go with your overhyped shit .. muhahaha

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

If you think this is worse than the d3 launch you are smoking some serious stuff.. half of D3 wasn't even included at launch..

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I remember when WoW launched and it took me 3 hours just to register a new account. Then it was another 5 hours before I could log in and create a char. Popular MMO's will always have problems on the first day of access. It actually bodes well because it shows GW2 has sold a lot of copies. It'll settle down eventually.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Zezda

If you think this is worse than the d3 launch you are smoking some serious stuff.. half of D3 wasn't even included at launch..

D3 is not a freakin MMORPG for God sake.

Bite Me

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by Zezda

D3 is not a freakin MMORPG for God sake.

Well what was the excuse for it not having a huge portion of the content at launch? They had even longer to get it right than the GW2 team did and the amount of content in it is nearly insignificant in comparison.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by lickm3

guess the server is fully back up now so the forums will be very quiet now, but don't worry, I will still be here to read the forums since I am stuck at work. 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Right now, game is up & patched.  Back to the website/email confirmation issues again.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by bookworm438

It's called life, get one.

What is this life you speak of? What level is it available? Do I have to raid for it?

There is no raid, it's all endgame baby! ;)

Rofl image

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by Lucioon

guess the server is fully back up now so the forums will be very quiet now, but don't worry, I will still be here to read the forums since I am stuck at work. 

I'm glad to hear it ! At least we can chat together while everyone is trying to log into that fail game which is copy of aion/wow/tera. 

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk
    I remember when WoW launched and it took me 3 hours just to register a new account. Then it was another 5 hours before I could log in and create a char. Popular MMO's will always have problems on the first day of access. It actually bodes well because it shows GW2 has sold a lot of copies. It'll settle down eventually.

This is very true, SWTOR had launch issues because of its popularity. And if ANet is having the same issues, then its very good for them I guess. Since its box sales that is important to ANet. 

We all know they have experimented with 1 million consecutive log ins, and they had major problems during BWE 1 , so if this is more than 1 million players, then good job ANET considering its only for those that Pre-purchased. For all those Pre-orders they still got the 1 day headstart, then its the official launch. 

Also considering that most don't Pre-purchase so, the number of players is truly staggering. 

Originally posted by Lucioon

I'm glad to hear it ! At least we can chat together while everyone is trying to log into that fail game which is copy of aion/wow/tera. 

you do know that WOW still have over 8 millions of players and TERA and AION also have a big following. I really do hope ANET gets atleast 3 or more millions of boxes sold. For the 3 hours that I played this morning, its definitely a fun game. 

This discussion has been closed.